Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Any way to check my TF700 drive for errors?

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by droidbound View Post
    You should have neither sudden reboots nor crashes on CROMi-X. If you do, something is not right. I would reflash the rom with these options:
    *normal installation
    *_that v7 kernel (leave oc values at the default)
    *fsync off
    If you can reproduce a crash run a logcat and post it.
    Also after a sudden reboot pull the last kernel log from an adb shell and post it:
    Code:
    adb shell cat /proc/last_ksmg > last_ksmg.txt
    Thank-you everyone.

I wiped the tablet completely and flashed the ROM again (this time with v7) since I encountered a boot loop again (I gave it 30 minutes to stabilize before shutting down); I'll have to keep that "last_ksmg" in mind next time I hit this kind of halt.

Re-installing things is getting annoying; restoring apps still requires re-authorization and sometimes causes hangups (I'm looking at you WhatsApp), making fresh installs a must. I'll have to fill in the blanks as I go along.

I remembered there was a way to push data back into the tablet via ADB. I'm thinking I still have the unpacked files from pre-crash; I can reboot after each re-loaded app. But will restoring stuff this way give the files the right permissions?

Chief Customizer & Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    711 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rt1999 View Post
    Thank-you everyone.

I wiped the tablet completely and flashed the ROM again (this time with v7) since I encountered a boot loop again (I gave it 30 minutes to stabilize before shutting down); I'll have to keep that "last_ksmg" in mind next time I hit this kind of halt.

Re-installing things is getting annoying; restoring apps still requires re-authorization and sometimes causes hangups (I'm looking at you WhatsApp), making fresh installs a must. I'll have to fill in the blanks as I go along.

I remembered there was a way to push data back into the tablet via ADB. I'm thinking I still have the unpacked files from pre-crash; I can reboot after each re-loaded app. But will restoring stuff this way give the files the right permissions?
    I don't have an answer to your question - never tried that and maybe I misunderstand your situation but I don't quite get what your problem with restoring your data is.
    I have never encountered problems either restoring data from a nandroid or with TiBu.
    Since you have to re-build from scratch anyway why don't you follow this strategy:
    Make a nandroid right after clean installing and going through the setup without installing anything else. Name it clearly.
    Install the apps you use most (and keep a list of them). Make a nandroid
    Install the rest of the apps.
    If you again encounter SODs, bootloops - trust me, it's a badly written app you installed. Nobody I know of has reboots on CROMi-X not caused by third party apps or messing with settings or some such...
    So if you run into problems, just restore a nandroid, run the tablet for a while to test it, install some apps again until you find the culprit and find a replacement for it (I am looking at you WhatsApp).
    Swipe likes this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links