Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: [ROM]★★[JB 4.2.1][CROMi-Xenogenesis 5.0.2][ODEX/DEODEX 10.6.1.27.1][SEP 8]★★

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    484 times
    By the way this thread is not updated frequently and the ROM version is 3 releases behind. Please check the xda thread for latest. I will also contact the developer.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    *I apologize for any spelng mistakes. I frequently answer questions on my phone. The content is (usually) good, but the words may not be intelligible. If you cant understand my post... check back later or call me out on it.
    Tf300 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!_________Clean Install Windows 10 and Drivers______Tf700 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!

Android Master Help Guide
    ______
    T100 Master Help Guide_____ T100 FAQ Thread

Devices: Asus TF300t [Deceased], Asus t100TA -64GB, Google Nexus 6P

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    19 times
    Now updated! Sorry for the lack of updates

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    19 times
    Thanks Tim! Glad you found it

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi All!

I'm kind of new to the android world, got my tab, loved the OS, threw my iphone (actually I sold it, just trying to be dramatic) in the bin and got an S4 Active. Loving it... except for my damn TF700...

Well, I'm in the process of installing your custom rom and for the first time in over a decade I feel like I'm out of my depths with technology (too many new terms, damn kids)... I must be getting old (26yrs old)

A few things I'd like to clear up to help others in my predicament:
    -Rooting the newer firmware... there's no need to downgrade your current stock rom. I used KingoApp and it worked a *edit* charm. It was literally a click of a button. I don't know if it was just coincidence but for some reason things involving PC-TF700 interaction required me to keep the "developer mode" tab open in settings... or I'm just getting old..

- I kept getting the abd.exe server out of date issue - I tried solving this by renaming the ASUS abd.exe - I read somewhere that this wouldn't work, but once again it worked a *edit* charm!

Is there any chance you developers might want to set up a mailing list to inform us of updated versions?

I'm currently in the process of backing up my current stock ROM and will edit this post if anything else comes up that I feel I can enlighten someone on...

EDIT: Well I got it done and it's working very well. So smooth and snappy compared to the STOCK. Well worth giving up the Warranty on it..

Another addition for noobs like me is to check the MD5 checksum, it's worth it. A few bits must have gone sideways on the transfer to the SD card and it didn't work. I ended up just installing from internal memory and it worked nicely. I used MD5 checker from the play store...
    Last edited by Swipe; 01-28-2014 at 10:41 PM. Reason: forum language guidelines

Chief Customizer & Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    711 times
    Quote Originally Posted by haider254 View Post
    Hi All!

I'm kind of new to the android world, got my tab, loved the OS, threw my iphone (actually I sold it, just trying to be dramatic) in the bin and got an S4 Active. Loving it... except for my damn TF700...

Well, I'm in the process of installing your custom rom and for the first time in over a decade I feel like I'm out of my depths with technology (too many new terms, damn kids)... I must be getting old (26yrs old)

A few things I'd like to clear up to help others in my predicament:
    -Rooting the newer firmware... there's no need to downgrade your current stock rom. I used KingoApp and it worked a *edit* charm. It was literally a click of a button. I don't know if it was just coincidence but for some reason things involving PC-TF700 interaction required me to keep the "developer mode" tab open in settings... or I'm just getting old..

- I kept getting the abd.exe server out of date issue - I tried solving this by renaming the ASUS abd.exe - I read somewhere that this wouldn't work, but once again it worked a *edit* charm!

Is there any chance you developers might want to set up a mailing list to inform us of updated versions?

I'm currently in the process of backing up my current stock ROM and will edit this post if anything else comes up that I feel I can enlighten someone on...

EDIT: Well I got it done and it's working very well. So smooth and snappy compared to the STOCK. Well worth giving up the Warranty on it..

Another addition for noobs like me is to check the MD5 checksum, it's worth it. A few bits must have gone sideways on the transfer to the SD card and it didn't work. I ended up just installing from internal memory and it worked nicely. I used MD5 checker from the play store...
    On sbdags roms MD5 is unnecessary. He signs his ZIPs, just turn on signature verification in TWRP before you flash.

What do you want the dev of your rom to be doing? Working on improvements or maintaining a mailing list?
    It's a good idea anyway to follow the thread of you rom. The best way to learn about problems, tricks and that's where improvements are hashed out too.
    In the case of CROMI-X you should follow it's thread at XDA. This one is not very active.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Swipe; 01-28-2014 at 10:43 PM. Reason: forum language guidelines

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by droidbound View Post
    On sbdags roms MD5 is unnecessary. He signs his ZIPs, just turn on signature verification in TWRP before you flash.

What do you want the dev of your rom to be doing? Working on improvements or maintaining a mailing list?
    It's a good idea anyway to follow the thread of you rom. The best way to learn about problems, tricks and that's where improvements are hashed out too.
    In the case of CROMI-X you should follow it's thread at XDA. This one is not very active.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk
    Well, I suppose I want both . Just in the sense that when a new one is released. I suppose I will be following this thread, but there are times when I can be "afk" for months, and it would be nice to know if there has been a new release. There are a few free mailing list services out there where one can create a sign up online... just a thought.

I did the sig verification during my first attempt and it failed. I thought I would check with an app on my second attempt and in my "Downloads" folder it checked out, when I transfered to my SD it failed. Just thought I would save the next guy some headaches...

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    484 times
    Quote Originally Posted by haider254 View Post
    Well, I suppose I want both . Just in the sense that when a new one is released. I suppose I will be following this thread, but there are times when I can be "afk" for months, and it would be nice to know if there has been a new release. There are a few free mailing list services out there where one can create a sign up online... just a thought.

I did the sig verification during my first attempt and it failed. I thought I would check with an app on my second attempt and in my "Downloads" folder it checked out, when I transfered to my SD it failed. Just thought I would save the next guy some headaches...
    Might want to check tomorrow. On the xda thread not here. Sbdags has previewed his latest update which will among other things increase quadrant benchmark scores by 40p (if you care about those things) and get rid of the lag associated with updating apps.

*I apologize for any spelng mistakes. I frequently answer questions on my phone. The content is (usually) good, but the words may not be intelligible. If you cant understand my post... check back later or call me out on it.
    Tf300 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!_________Clean Install Windows 10 and Drivers______Tf700 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!

______

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Gtanner00 View Post
    Might want to check tomorrow. On the xda thread not here. Sbdags has previewed his latest update which will among other things increase quadrant benchmark scores by 40p (if you care about those things) and get rid of the lag associated with updating apps.

Thanks for the heads up! Just redid my cromix because I forgot to factory wipe the first time I did it. It's a fairly quick process with titanium backup. Will have a look at the xda thread!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    1 times
    Hi , I have CyanogenMod 11 kitkat. Can I flash this ROM? Of course after a wipe

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    484 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekdrop View Post
    Hi , I have CyanogenMod 11 kitkat. Can I flash this ROM? Of course after a wipe
    I'm not sure. If KitKat Roms require a special recovery on the tf700 like they do on the tf300 then you need to use fastboot to flash the old recovery.

You can always try flashing and see what happens. It either will work or it will fail.

______

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links