Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: [ROM]★★[JB 4.2.1][CROMi-Xenogenesis 5.0.2][ODEX/DEODEX 10.6.1.27.1][SEP 8]★★

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    HI everyone
    I have installed this amazing ROM and i have noticed that on some point, during the install, there was an option about using or not data2sd. I bought today a class 10 64gb microsd and formatted as in description with two partitions: one fat (8Mb) and the other one-(the second one) (64Gb) ext4. I want to know if i install again this ROM, with this microsd inserted and select that i'm using data2sd is ok? I will have the /data on my micro sd? The install process is doing the rest?
    thanks in advance

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for the quick reply anyway. It took a while to get everything done, but the difference is like night and day.... Like a whole new tablet.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    484 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dobranszky View Post
    HI everyone
    I have installed this amazing ROM and i have noticed that on some point, during the install, there was an option about using or not data2sd. I bought today a class 10 64gb microsd and formatted as in description with two partitions: one fat (8Mb) and the other one-(the second one) (64Gb) ext4. I want to know if i install again this ROM, with this microsd inserted and select that i'm using data2sd is ok? I will have the /data on my micro sd? The install process is doing the rest?
    thanks in advance
    I'm sorry, I can't help you with data/ROM to SD perhaps @droidbound has some insight.

If you followed the directions on the cromi xda thread (there are rom2sd instructions on the 3rd post and you can search the thread for data2ad instructions) and used the Linux partition editor (not the built in windows one) you should be fine.

I'm not sure if you are referring to the old data2sd (where data only is on the card) or the newly developed and well documented rom2sd where all partitions are on the card which allows for dual booting of multiple Roms.

If you do get it working please report back. I'm told that using these methods can have mixed results depending on the condition of the built in flash memory on the tablet vs the speed of the sd card.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    *I apologize for any spelng mistakes. I frequently answer questions on my phone. The content is (usually) good, but the words may not be intelligible. If you cant understand my post... check back later or call me out on it.
    Tf300 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!_________Clean Install Windows 10 and Drivers______Tf700 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!

Android Master Help Guide
    ______
    T100 Master Help Guide_____ T100 FAQ Thread

Devices: Asus TF300t [Deceased], Asus t100TA -64GB, Google Nexus 6P

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    501 times
    Does the rom2sd require a certain kernel to work? I thought I read that somewhere.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    484 times
    Quote Originally Posted by frenziedfemale View Post
    Does the rom2sd require a certain kernel to work? I thought I read that somewhere.
    The installer is now set up so that you pick your kernel of choice Hunds, that's, stock and then you check the rom2sd box. As long as everything is formated correctly ( I have no experience with this) it should work, however the speed depends on the quality of the sdcard.

*I apologize for any spelng mistakes. I frequently answer questions on my phone. The content is (usually) good, but the words may not be intelligible. If you cant understand my post... check back later or call me out on it.
    Tf300 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!_________Clean Install Windows 10 and Drivers______Tf700 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!

______

Chief Customizer & Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    711 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dobranszky View Post
    HI everyone
    thanks in advance
    Theoretically - yes. I have to admit I was never a fan of data2sd. In it's heyday - about 8 months ago - some users tried to compensate for the slow I/O of the internal SD by shifting the /data partiton to a faster SD card. IMHO it seemed to create more problems than it solved, especially when flashing a new rom or even just an update. Be prepared to start from scratch each time you update your rom, want to try a different kernel etc.
    But your setup is correct. Just reflash the rom with data2sd option and your external ext4 partition will now be /data. Your original /data on the internal will still be accessible (a file browser would find it as sdcardi), but some apps and games will not see it - they don't know the first thing about data2sd, so you would have to move those files to your new /data.
    Again IMO (and btw, sbdags never used data2sd and doesn't recommend it either) the latest tweaks in 5.2.2 make data2sd totally obsolete. Try as I might - I don't find lag on this tablet.

Every _that kernel since v4 supports preinit scripts, so they will work with data2sd or rom2sd and Hunds kernels do as well. So any kernel offered in the installer except the stock kernel should be fine.

I have tried rom2sd with mixed results. I am not using it right now because it takes just too much time for me to maintain two roms! I have a hard time keeping up with sbdags releases as it is - and now that x 2???
    I think it's a great setup if you want to have one working rom and one to experiment on, but one problem that I found is that they are not totally independent from each other. They still run the same kernel and I ran into freezes and bootloops when I flashed miniC with a modified Hunds kernel as rom2sd on a CROMi-X installation with a _that kernel on internal.
    It seems to work best if you run a Hunds kernel with both - unfortunately I'm not a fan of Hunds kernels. They seem to do great - even better than _that's - for a week or so and then I start to get weird behavior and have to reboot or even reinstall....
    Just my 2 cents worth...

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for all the information and work you have done to correct the issues with the Asus tablet, I have been using this information all weekend to correct the issues with my TF700T I am almost done but since

I am a newbie to this process I have a question about what program to use for a full wipe of the system and what does a full wipe mean?

What program should I use to do a full wipe?

Thanks for all of you help......

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    484 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ttoy360 View Post
    Thanks for all the information and work you have done to correct the issues with the Asus tablet, I have been using this information all weekend to correct the issues with my TF700T I am almost done but since

I am a newbie to this process I have a question about what program to use for a full wipe of the system and what does a full wipe mean?

What program should I use to do a full wipe?

Thanks for all of you help......
    Good question,
    A full wipe actually is not a complete wipe. You access it by selecting wipe in twrp and sliding the switch for factory reset.

This only wipes your apps and ROM customizations. All files like music photos and downloads will be saved.

You can reinstall apps from the play store after this but if you have apps which you want to save all the settings from, like launcher layouts, or game levels you can manually back them up in titanium backup and restore them afterward. Or if you are familiar with the Asus app backup utility you can use that as well.

I highly recommend titanium backup as it is such a powerful tool.

______

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Gtanner00 View Post
    Good question,
    A full wipe actually is not a complete wipe. You access it by selecting wipe in twrp and sliding the switch for factory reset.

This only wipes your apps and ROM customizations. All files like music photos and downloads will be saved.

You can reinstall apps from the play store after this but if you have apps which you want to save all the settings from, like launcher layouts, or game levels you can manually back them up in titanium backup and restore them afterward. Or if you are familiar with the Asus app backup utility you can use that as well.

I highly recommend titanium backup as it is such a powerful tool.

Thanks for your quick response.... I completed the process yesterday and could not be happier that I did it, the new platform you developed is fantastic. My TF700 no longer lags and does not appear to have the glitches it was always exhibiting. In fact I am finally happy with the tablet now and will use it even more.... Even the battery life is better I used it all night last night and this morning it still had over 50%battery life left....

I look forward to learning more about these processes to enhance my tablet experience.

Thanks again for all your time and effort

Tim

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    484 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ttoy360 View Post
    Thanks for your quick response.... I completed the process yesterday and could not be happier that I did it, the new platform you developed is fantastic. My TF700 no longer lags and does not appear to have the glitches it was always exhibiting. In fact I am finally happy with the tablet now and will use it even more.... Even the battery life is better I used it all night last night and this morning it still had over 50%battery life left....

I look forward to learning more about these processes to enhance my tablet experience.

Thanks again for all your time and effort

Tim
    Don't thank me. I did not develops this. Sbdags manages his own xda thread. This is only just additional thread for this forum.

______

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links