Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: [ROM]★★[JB 4.2.1][CROMi-Xenogenesis 5.0.2][ODEX/DEODEX 10.6.1.27.1][SEP 8]★★

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    9 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sbdags View Post
    CROMi-X 5.1 Live
    I just recently (2 days ago) unlocked and rooted my TF700T and installed v5.0.4 of this ROM. I was using the 4.1 UI, but recently switched to the 4.2 JB UI and I LOVE this ROM. I flashed the 5.1a ROM today. The new Asus weather app (TF701 version) finally works and refreshes like it should. Great ROM!
    Transformer TF700 Infinity w/Android 4.2.1
    Google Nexus 7 HD (2013) w/Android 4.3
    Sprint Samsung Galaxy S4 w/Android 4.2.2
    Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3 w/Android 4.1.2 (Backup)

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1 times
    I have been on CROMi-X 4.5 - 10.6.1.14.4/US ODEX, Kernel version 3.1.10 root@Ubuntu-MaxPC #17 since May 2013. It was my first custom ROM. I would like to upgrade to the current version. Will upgrading delete my Apps? Do I have to upgrade or reinstall Kernel? It would be such a pain to reinstall all my Apps etc... Please advise.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    9 times
    @zardonaz

Follow upgrade scenario three at the beginning of this post and you should be fine.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kbboykin View Post
    @zardonaz

Follow upgrade scenario three at the beginning of this post and you should be fine.
    Thanks kbboykin! One thing that I forgot to ask. Will I be able to keep the appearance [wallpaper?] as it was - I think it is the "stock" look with the tree and the field and the sky? Because I am not too fond of the bright pink appearance shown in the first image of this thread. Will it automatically be changed? Is there a way I can retain the original? And if there are options can someone please explain how please? Thanks!

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    484 times
    Quote Originally Posted by zardonaz View Post
    Thanks kbboykin! One thing that I forgot to ask. Will I be able to keep the appearance [wallpaper?] as it was - I think it is the "stock" look with the tree and the field and the sky? Because I am not too fond of the bright pink appearance shown in the first image of this thread. Will it automatically be changed? Is there a way I can retain the original? And if there are options can someone please explain how please? Thanks!
    The ROM keeps all of the features and add ons of the stock rom. You can choose to use any image for wallpaper but yes, the tree one is included by default. The pink one is not even included.

Also you have the option to install any of all of the Asus apps on the first boot so essentially it behaves exactly like stock Asus software only with extra functionality.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    zardonaz likes this.
    *I apologize for any spelng mistakes. I frequently answer questions on my phone. The content is (usually) good, but the words may not be intelligible. If you cant understand my post... check back later or call me out on it.
    Tf300 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!_________Clean Install Windows 10 and Drivers______Tf700 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!

Android Master Help Guide
    ______
    T100 Master Help Guide_____ T100 FAQ Thread

Devices: Asus TF300t [Deceased], Asus t100TA -64GB, Google Nexus 6P

Chief Customizer & Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    711 times
    Quote Originally Posted by zardonaz View Post
    If you "dirty flash" CROMi-X 5.1a it will only replace the kernel and rom, so your /data partition will stay untouched. After you flashed the rom and kernel and reboot, your tablet should be just as before - just with a new engine under the hood, so to speak.
    It should be ok to dirty flash over 4.5 and your .4 bootloader will work with CROMi-X 5.1. But if you don't want to fall too far behind (or just stay current), flash the bootloader/TWRP package from the OP first, boot back into your 4.5 rom, then back into TWRP and flash 5.1.

If you experience any weird problems after that: apps not working, sudden reboots, you would need to do a factory reset in TWRP and reflash 5.1.
    If you get and use Titanium Backup to backup your apps and app data, it's really no hassle at all to do a clean install = factory reset in TWRP before you flash the rom. It takes me 45 minutes or less from flashing to being back to my normal setup.
    I prefer to do a clean install if I move to a new rom with framework changes (as in 4.5 to 5.1) - but that's my preference. I rather prevent trouble than troubleshoot....
    zardonaz likes this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1 times
    Big "Thank You" to Gtanner00 and droidbound for your input! droid, I think your advice to do a "Clean Flash" is a wise choice in that it is better to update to current versions of bootloader/TWRP before flashing CROMi-X 5.1. I downloaded Titanium Backup and I am almost ready to proceed. Before I do this though, I read again through the procedure at the beginning of the thread and saw a mention of "Nandroid Backup". Will I be OK with just Titanium or should I use both backups? Keep in mind I don't have any experience with "Nandroid Backup". I really appreciate you guys help and I hope my "noobness" is not too annoying.

So... Titanium Backup - Got it. Nandroid Backup - Do I need it?

Chief Customizer & Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    711 times
    To have a nandroid of your last working setup is very good insurance! Just in case..
    With a nandroid you create an image of your whole system - all partitions - so if something goes wrong during the flash or you don't like the new rom, you can just restore the nandroid.
    It's as easy as choosing 'Backup' in TWRP and swiping the button.
    Flashing without a nandroid is like sailing without a life jacket. Ok most of the time....

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by droidbound; 10-25-2013 at 06:43 PM.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    9 times
    version 5.1.1 of this ROM has been released over on XDA Forums

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    2 times
    I upgraded to version 5.1.1 (I can not post on xda) This time I installed the fsync option off and that kernel oc with 50 mv overvolting. The results could not be better, about 13000 points in Antutu with stock rom I've been to more than 18,000 beating an S3, just incredible. Thanks for such excellent work.

Enviado desde mi ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T usando Tapatalk 4
    Last edited by solrac32; 11-03-2013 at 10:47 AM.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links