Thread: Help Save a Transformer TF700T From the Garbage Heap

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1 times

Help Save a Transformer TF700T From the Garbage Heap

OK everybody. First off, I'm new to this forum and this topic has no doubt been covered here many times. I apologize if you are sick and tired of hearing about it. I have a Asus tf700t tablet running Android 4.2.1. It's impossible to use because of the constant "App Not Responding" errors. All the reading I've done says the fix is to root the device and install a custom ROM. I have been working on getting this done all day. Here's what I've done so far and where I get hung up.
    1) Enabled installation from unknown sources in Security
    2) Enabled USB debugging in Developer Options
    3) Done the hard reset with the "on" button and the "volume" button
    4) Downloaded "Transformer Toolkit"

I run the toolkit software and it wants me to log into my Google account. But it doesn't take my password. I've read a ton of fixes for this but can't seem to get anything to work. BTW, I am certain I have the correct password. I haven't used the tablet for a couple of years because of the lockup issues. I recently changed my Google password.
    I am no concerned about losing data, voiding the warranty, or anything else like that. I just want a tablet that works!

Most of the information I find is 4-5 years old and links are no longer valid etc. On the ASUS website there are no files listed for the TF700T.
    At one time, it was a great little tablet. I'm pretty sure that Android version 4 wrecked it. Please save an Asus Transformer from the garbage heap.
    Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark H.
    stefanbillieri likes this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    Do you have two step verification enabled on that Google account? If yes, try disabling it temporarily. (The only thing I remember about installing a custom rom a few years back)

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad Smart
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by maharris07 View Post
    OK everybody. First off, I'm new to this forum and this topic has no doubt been covered here many times. I apologize if you are sick and tired of hearing about it. I have a Asus tf700t tablet running Android 4.2.1. It's impossible to use because of the constant "App Not Responding" errors. All the reading I've done says the fix is to root the device and install a custom ROM. I have been working on getting this done all day. Here's what I've done so far and where I get hung up.
    1) Enabled installation from unknown sources in Security
    2) Enabled USB debugging in Developer Options
    3) Done the hard reset with the "on" button and the "volume" button
    4) Downloaded "Transformer Toolkit"

I run the toolkit software and it wants me to log into my Google account. But it doesn't take my password. I've read a ton of fixes for this but can't seem to get anything to work. BTW, I am certain I have the correct password. I haven't used the tablet for a couple of years because of the lockup issues. I recently changed my Google password.
    I am no concerned about losing data, voiding the warranty, or anything else like that. I just want a tablet that works!

Most of the information I find is 4-5 years old and links are no longer valid etc. On the ASUS website there are no files listed for the TF700T.
    At one time, it was a great little tablet. I'm pretty sure that Android version 4 wrecked it. Please save an Asus Transformer from the garbage heap.
    Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark H.
    Your making it harder than it is. Your work flow is unknown to me and I've rooted my device as well as the tf-101 and me301t. You must follow the directions, found here: Beginners Guide to flashing a custom ROM on TF700T

As is described there, regarding the google account password, "July 2015: And another wrinkel... It seems to be pretty consistent now that the Unlock Tool hangs on the Google account password step. I suspect something changed on the Google side. It probably doesn't allow the tool to check/compare the password anymore. There have been quite a few security changes lately and the unlock tool never gets updated so I suspect that Google now is blocking access by the tool to it's servers.
    The work-around is easy enough: Delete the Google account from the tablet (Settings > Accounts), then run the tool again. If that doesn't do it, do a factory reset from Settings, reboot and during the initial setup establish a WiFi connection but skip the google account setup, then run the tool"

I would suggest the custom rom [ROM][N 7.1.2] [ KatKiss - Nougatella #027 ] which can be found here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/tra...t/rom-t3457417

Good luck and post back if you have any issues
    Last edited by barkeater; 02-01-2018 at 02:34 PM.
    ASUS MeMO Pad Smart (10") ME301T
    Lollypop (5.1.1) , TWRP (2.8.7.2)

ASUS TF-101 16GB Transformer/Dock
    Lollypop (5.1.0 v22), TWRP (2.8.1.1)

Developer & Repair Magician
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    331 times
    Can't improve much on @barkeater's advice, except to add some general advice to the mix: forget about this "toolkit". Forget "root", if you want root you can flash that with KatKiss. Don't try to use Flashify or ROM manager, follow @droidbound's guide after reading it enough times to understand it. If necessary post questions here, there are still a few of us left helping out folks like you.
    Master Help Guide--guide to help from the masters:
    http://www.transformerforums.com/for...elp-guide.html

T100 Master Help Guide:Caster's comprehensive guide to comprehending the T100
    http://www.transformerforums.com/for...elp-guide.html

TF100 FAQ--Frequently Asked Questions about the TF100:
    http://www.transformerforums.com/for...s-guides-tips/

What Got Me In to All This Trouble--Linux live CD with ADB & Fastboot:
    http://www.transformerforums.com/for...x-live-cd.html

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links