Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    3 times

Touchscreen not responding properly sometimes?

Sometimes the screen will act really funky, For example, typing is nearly impossible, because touching one button on the keyboard will result in multiple letters being typed and the backspace key types numbers. Sometimes the home buttom would open up the notifications. Swiping doesn't work either, when I swipe in the app drawer it will launch an app somwhere near my finger. Scrolling doesn't work beause it will zoom in and zooming out is impossible. When it was working normally, I went into the developer settings and enabled show touches. Everytime I touched the screen, there will be a whole row of gray dots going across my screen (or blue lines if I use the other option to show touches.) I can't even unlock it sometimes, I can't move the lock handle far enough to unlock it. I tried rebooting and it will even do it when I'm in recovery sometimes. It actually happens quite often for somewhat long(ish) periods of time.

Chief Customizer & Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    711 times
    Sounds as if your digitizer went bad. Nothing to do about it but replacing it...

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    3 times
    Ok. I voided my Asus warranty, but I bought a smartgaurd warranty.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    3 times
    Wait, I figured it out, turns out it's caused by some 3rd party charger I bought that probably came somewhere in the deep dark depths of the basement of China. It'll only do it when it's plugged in to that charger. I guess I just have to settle with not using while it's charging.

Developer & Repair Magician
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    335 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Popeye22 View Post
    Wait, I figured it out, turns out it's caused by some 3rd party charger I bought that probably came somewhere in the deep dark depths of the basement of China. It'll only do it when it's plugged in to that charger. I guess I just have to settle with not using while it's charging.
    I'd replace the charger. If it is so bad it causes the tablet to misbehave it will eventually do permanent damage if it hasn't already. The Asus charger will also come from the basement of China, but over there you have the option of specifying the quality control, and Asus must keep it fairly high to prevent warranty issues.
    Master Help Guide--guide to help from the masters:
    http://www.transformerforums.com/for...elp-guide.html

T100 Master Help Guide:Caster's comprehensive guide to comprehending the T100
    http://www.transformerforums.com/for...elp-guide.html

TF100 FAQ--Frequently Asked Questions about the TF100:
    http://www.transformerforums.com/for...s-guides-tips/

What Got Me In to All This Trouble--Linux live CD with ADB & Fastboot:
    http://www.transformerforums.com/for...x-live-cd.html

Asus USA Social Media Team
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    154 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Popeye22 View Post
    Sometimes the screen will act really funky, For example, typing is nearly impossible, because touching one button on the keyboard will result in multiple letters being typed and the backspace key types numbers. Sometimes the home buttom would open up the notifications. Swiping doesn't work either, when I swipe in the app drawer it will launch an app somwhere near my finger. Scrolling doesn't work beause it will zoom in and zooming out is impossible. When it was working normally, I went into the developer settings and enabled show touches. Everytime I touched the screen, there will be a whole row of gray dots going across my screen (or blue lines if I use the other option to show touches.) I can't even unlock it sometimes, I can't move the lock handle far enough to unlock it. I tried rebooting and it will even do it when I'm in recovery sometimes. It actually happens quite often for somewhat long(ish) periods of time.
    Popeye22 - We're very sorry to hear that you're having issues with your screen. Please email us at socialsupportus@asus.com providing a copy of your posted problem description along with the model and serial number of your notebook and we'll do our best to assist you with this.

If you have any further questions, comments or concerns please do not hesitate to let us know. You may reference this case number (N150435620) on your next contact. We will be more than happy to assist you.

Thank you.

In Search of Incredible

Technical Support Department
    ASUS USA :: ASUS Service | North America
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.

Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links