Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times

[Solved] Usb drivers will not correctly install under Windows 7 x64...

I have a TF700T which has been working wonderfully for a long time. I have CWM Recovery (6.0.4.7, I think), and CM11 8/27/2014 installed. In the last day or so, for no apparent reason, Windows 7 will no longer connect to it (can't see it's internal SD card in Windows Explorer), and Device Manager reports that the drivers are not correctly installing. I have tried three different driver packages, two different usb cables, two different pcs...no success. I have also been looking for a way to communicate with it under Linux, and I am not really a Linux guy. Tried a hardware reset, too...no luck. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!! Oh...so you know...I haven't dropped it on the floor, into the tub, or anything else...totally puzzled.

Transformer Forums Legend
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1818 times
    If you did a factory reset on your TF700 it is likely, as hard as this may be to believe, a problem with both computers. What has updated on both and are you using the same anti virus. Trying all those drivers may have hurt rather than helped and totally confused Windows. Lots of "stuff" possible.

You may want to just forget connecting directly. I have a link with a bunch of suggestions for transferring files that doesn't require a connection to a PC. I never connect any more. It's easier to use DropBox or a file manager to transfer files.

Chief Customizer & Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    711 times
    I agree with leeshor, it's probably a Windows driver problem and for transferring files there are much better solutions than MTP.
    But since you are running a custom rom, a working adb/fastboot connection is vital IMO. Check if you have adb connection when the tablet is booted to Android and fasboot when booted into fastboot mode.
    If those drivers are ok I probably wouldn't even bother to try solving the MTP conflict and instead use Airdroid, Superbeam or another wire-less connection.

But if you need to install drivers you may have to start from scratch and uninstall all drivers for the tablet, then reboot the PC, download sbdags' "Driver.zip" from here https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=3557
    Connect the tablet and manually point Windows to the unzipped driver folder.
    That should get you going...

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for your replies. I can't seem to establish a connection using adb. When I issue a "fastboot devices" command, I do not get a response. Going to try something else...get back with you soon...thanks!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi, guys...an update here. Success at last! I couldn't get Windows 7 to install device drivers, therefore, couldn't connect via usb/adb, nothing. Thought my 700T was pretty much a brick. I bought a SanDisk 16GB Class 10 micro sd card & copied the latest CM11 and Gapps to it, then installed them with CWM Recovery. This time, though, I did a factory reset as well as a cache wipe. This worked. I think my main problem was that the android.secure file was corrupted on its internal sd storage. Anyway, after a reboot and CM11 loaded, I was back in business. Windows recognized it and connected to it as an MTP device. Thanks for your help!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    In retrospect, in ignorance/stupidity, I have probably been doing "dirty" flashes along. And there are plenty of warnings out there on the Internet about doing dirty flashes on Android devices. I am no doubt very fortunate to have recovered at all, and not to have totally bricked this thing a long time ago. Fair warning to others...read everything you can and educate yourself before you try flashing your device! Thanks again, guys!

Developer & Repair Magician
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    335 times
    As far as connecting to the 700 with Linux, it's basically a pussycat. No additional drivers required for either ADB or fastboot. You must, of course, have adb and fastboot installed, and as the Android SDK just installs in / and nowhere else, you must either cd to /android-sdk-linux/platform-tools, type the full path everytime, or install symlinks to make it work.

Since you got the tab working (congrats!), I guess you don't need it, but if you're still interested just yell, I'll throw pointers your way.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links