Thread: New Motherboard

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times

New Motherboard

Hi all, I've had my TF700T for a little over a year now, and man do I hate it with a passion. Everything is laggy on it, I can barely load any webpages, the thing always freezes, etc.. I have a friend who has the TF701T and its completely different than the 700, no problems at all. I've read everywhere that this is an issue with the 700. So my question is.....Can I purchase a motherboard from the TF701T and put it in my 700T and have it work fine like replacing the motherboard on a laptop or pc, or is the Android OS not like it when parts are upgraded. Thanks in advanced

Chief Customizer & Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    711 times
    That would be something like taking the engine and transmission from a Toyota Camry and puting it into a Corolla... So no, that can't be done.
    But you do have a few options:

1) If you never did a factory reset on your tablet doing that would improve the performance very likely noticably although the TF700 on stock firmware will never be fast due to the cheap emmc Asus put into it.

2) Flash a custom ROM to it. The TF700 on CROMi-X or CROMBi-KK is not only usable, but a device you can actually enjoy very much. It won't be as fast or quite as smooth as the TF701 but come close enough that you won't feel tempted to throw it out the window anymore.
    Check out my guide here: Beginners Guide to flashing a custom ROM on TF700T
    Quite a few people without prior flashing experience successfully followed it and felt as if they bought a new tablet.

3) Sell the TF700 and get the TF701.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for the quick reply. I have already done a factory reset, I didn't notice any difference at all, right now I have it running CROMi-X and it's actually running worse than it was with the stock rom. I guess I'm just going to just have to suffer with this thing for the next couple years till I finish school :/

Developer
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    50 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Swelve View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply. I have already done a factory reset, I didn't notice any difference at all, right now I have it running CROMi-X and it's actually running worse than it was with the stock rom. I guess I'm just going to just have to suffer with this thing for the next couple years till I finish school :/
    Do a factory reset in the twrp and download the zip said "ext4" below. You need to install it in the twrp and rebooot, good luck and report back...

The new ET v1.13.8 for Cromi X! | Transformer TF700 | XDA Forum

Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    711 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Swelve View Post
    Something is fundamentally wrong. It always is if members report CROMi-X to be slow.
    Did you do a clean install of CROMi-X? As in: Wipe data, cache and Dalvik before installing the rom? Which version are you running?
    And most importantly: Which bootloader and recovery are you on?
    Once we know that you are running a healthy system you can try LMK's tweaks. :P

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    what are your benchmark scores like?

Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    711 times
    I don't really believe in benchmarks. With this tablet I started on CROMi in the 5000, got up to low 8000 on CROMBi-KK and yes, you can tickle it to 9000 with all kinds of tweaks that have no bearing on actual user experience.
    I am running a pre-release version of a new rom for the TF700 right now (promised not spill anything, so I can't tell you the name, but just be patient, it's a beauty) that scores about 6500 in performance mode and 5500 in balanced.
    But I swear, it's almost as fast and smooth as my tf701 which scores 16,600 without even breaking a sweat. Yes that's 16 k+, no a typo
    Higher benchmarks don't necessarily mean better performance in my experience...

Ah yes, you were asking on XDA what you could try. Did you flash with fsync off? That greatly improves performance. If that still doesn't do it try data2sd.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links