Thread: Parts / Cracked Screens ?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times

Parts / Cracked Screens ?

I have 2-TF700's with cracked screens. I'd like to get them repaired, but there seem to be multiple versions of the parts with no way to tell which ones I need!
    Both tablets were bought used. I don't want to send them to ASUS - I have a local repair shop that's proven itself. On one, only the glass needs replacing; the
    digitizer works perfectly. I'm not sure about the other one, because the screen is much more badly cracked.

How can I tell which parts I need?, and does anyone know where I can find them?

Thanks in advance

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    1225 times
    Here's a thread on the same topic - also there are a few similar threads listed near the bottom of this page. The thread below has a link or two. Did you buy these with cracked screens? Just curious. Good luck with your tablets.

Transformer parts?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanx for the link, I'll check it out.

We cracked them ourselves, LOL We've had extraordinarily bad luck. First Infinity, my cat barely tapped it with her back leg as she jumped off the counter - of course, I had the %!$@* cover off, or it wouldn't have moved. 2nd one, I put it down on my night table for one sec while I reached for the TV remote. The tablet flew up, bounced off his big toe (made it bleed!) and slammed face down on the tile floor. Hubby cracked his LG GPad's screen when he SNEEZED. (Cost us $250.) I'm ordering a refurb'd 32 GB 12.2" Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro, it's on sale@ eBay for $399 (see Dealnews.com for link). But I really, really, really!!! LOVE my Asus, and I still want them both fixed. The only thing I don't like about it is the proprietary (and precarious) charging port.

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    100 times
    Quote Originally Posted by fig4159 View Post
    Thanx for the link, I'll check it out.

We cracked them ourselves, LOL We've had extraordinarily bad luck. First Infinity, my cat barely tapped it with her back leg as she jumped off the counter - of course, I had the %!$@* cover off, or it wouldn't have moved. 2nd one, I put it down on my night table for one sec while I reached for the TV remote. The tablet flew up, bounced off his big toe (made it bleed!) and slammed face down on the tile floor. Hubby cracked his LG GPad's screen when he SNEEZED. (Cost us $250.) I'm ordering a refurb'd 32 GB 12.2" Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro, it's on sale@ eBay for $399 (see Dealnews.com for link). But I really, really, really!!! LOVE my Asus, and I still want them both fixed. The only thing I don't like about it is the proprietary (and precarious) charging port.
    You all need bobj gear or life proof cases for your devices, or bubble wrap

Sent via electron magic. My opinion is my opinion and any solutions or ideas probably have a hundred ways to arrive at the same result. Unless you pay someone to provide the right answer, you get what you get. Free advice is often worth what you paid for it. I can make any answer the correct answer for enough money.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times

glass shattered

As I was walking into Best Buy, my tf700 slipped out of the dock (AGAIN!) and bit tbe parking lot. The glass is shattered, but the tablet still functions normally. Besides tbe shattered glass screen, tbere is a dent on the top rigbt corner. Since it is working well, I think only tbe glass needs replacing. Does anyone know who can replace tbe glass, and/or wbere I can buy a replacement (along with instructions) for tbe tf700?

Tbanks,
    Bob Hendry

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2826 times
    Sorry to read that, Bob .

You aren't the the first to do it though - and you won't be the last - hence the move of your post to this current thread which contains various links & advice. The other thing to do is to check out YouTube or iFixIt for guides and tear down instructions.

All the best
    Swipe likes this.

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links