Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times

TF700 HDMI has stopped working!

I used to use my tablet occasionally to display tv shows and movies on my sony bravia tv as well as project on my outdoor movie screen via a Benq projector. I had also used it once or twice successfulyy in hotels. Now I cannot get it to display on any of the above. The last time I know it worked was November 2013 and the first time I had any trouble was in March 2014. I read on one forum about an android update. Could that be the issue? Other suggestions are the micro-port has come loose. It doesn't seem loose. I need this working tomorrow to show a movie for a 15 yr old's birthday!! Please help, thank you.

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    80 times
    Here are a few suggestions to play the movie:

Copy the movie to some other HDMI device and play it off that
    A Smart phone has HDMI might be lucky and use the same cable as the 700
    Some TVs have USB ports that allow media to be played...copy movie to USB thumb drive or a USB hard drive
    Some TVs connect to your home network and can access shared folders on Windows PCs
    Some TVs have an RGB port for a PC to connect to the TV maybe you have a laptop and some PCs/laptops have HDMI outputs too

Your 700 might be able to use the app BubbleUPNP, or another similar app, to play the movie to your TV if the TV is networked

If the same cable fits your phone that at least would test the HDMI cable BUT I had a cheap HDMI cable that would work on my phone but not my 700. ??? go figure....

You might have to fully reset the 700 to get it working again or maybe even have to flash the stock firmware again....but wait untill some of the more knowledgeable members here reply before you get that drastic....
    Last edited by flhthemi; 05-17-2014 at 09:10 AM.
    Not Your Father's Stock TF700T - KatKiss Is ON!
    Thanks to timduru - droidbound - kevinthefixer!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    I use Google Play and from what I can tell I can only download movies to internal memory, never figured out how to get it to usb or minisd card. My cable does not fit my galaxy s4, but i am going to go try to purchase 2 cables today, one for the phone, and a higher quality hdmi for the tablet.

I would like to revert back to the previous version of android op sys just to see if that fixes it, but I do not know how to do that?

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    501 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gustafkk View Post
    I use Google Play and from what I can tell I can only download movies to internal memory, never figured out how to get it to usb or minisd card. My cable does not fit my galaxy s4, but i am going to go try to purchase 2 cables today, one for the phone, and a higher quality hdmi for the tablet.

I would like to revert back to the previous version of android op sys just to see if that fixes it, but I do not know how to do that?
    You are correct...you can not move movies from Google Play.

You can find a guide to downgrading/installing firmware in the link in my signature.

Ironhide
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    39 times
    I've been suggesting for months now Google add SD card support for all its products (movies, music, book, documents) they just won't LISTEN....UGH

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links