Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Passwords

  1. #1
    Starscream
    Member #
    52624
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    [UK] England ~ Suffolk
    Tablet
    TF700
    Posts
    318
    Liked
    36 times

    Passwords

    My tablet [TF700] or Browser [Boat], dont know which, offers to store passwords, this option seems to appear randomly. Can anyone tell me, where they are stored, can they be manually entered, and if it is the OS or an App that they are stored in.

  2. #2
    Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    1793
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Vancouver Canada
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Posts
    5,903
    Liked
    1225 times
    Quote Originally Posted by enduser2 View Post
    My tablet [TF700] or Browser [Boat], dont know which, offers to store passwords, this option seems to appear randomly. Can anyone tell me, where they are stored, can they be manually entered, and if it is the OS or an App that they are stored in.
    I suspect it's Boat. The stock browser has an option in it's settings>Privacy & Security>Remember Passwords

    I would check Boat for a similar setting. Yours sounds like it's turned off.

    Don't know where they are actually stored.

    New thread title created and Thread moved to TF700 forum.
    Last edited by Swipe; 03-07-2014 at 09:02 PM.

  3. #3
    Starscream
    Member #
    52624
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    [UK] England ~ Suffolk
    Tablet
    TF700
    Posts
    318
    Liked
    36 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Swipe View Post
    I suspect it's Boat. The stock browser has an option in it's settings>Privacy & Security>Remember Passwords

    I would check Boat for a similar setting. Yours sounds like it's turned off.

    Don't know where they are actually stored.
    New thread title created and Thread moved to TF700 forum.


    As you say, there is a setting in Boat which I had previously set to on, but it still seems to me that the 'remember passwords' option is random. I was wondering if certain websites block this in some way, My cellphone provider does not trigger the option, even on my desktop.

  4. #4
    Soundwave
    Member #
    55438
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Auburn, alif
    Tablet
    TF700
    Posts
    3
    Liked
    0 times
    Plugged in password and keep getting response "password incorrect". Unable to find password location. How do you find the location of the password??

  5. #5
    Developer & Repair Magician
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    68238
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Posts
    1,417
    Liked
    335 times
    Quote Originally Posted by neofyte1 View Post
    Plugged in password and keep getting response "password incorrect". Unable to find password location. How do you find the location of the password??
    Password to what? The tablet's lock screen? Google account? Much more info please.
    Master Help Guide--guide to help from the masters:
    http://www.transformerforums.com/for...elp-guide.html

    T100 Master Help Guide:Caster's comprehensive guide to comprehending the T100
    http://www.transformerforums.com/for...elp-guide.html

    TF100 FAQ--Frequently Asked Questions about the TF100:
    http://www.transformerforums.com/for...s-guides-tips/

    What Got Me In to All This Trouble--Linux live CD with ADB & Fastboot:
    http://www.transformerforums.com/for...x-live-cd.html

  6. #6
    Starscream
    Member #
    52624
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    [UK] England ~ Suffolk
    Tablet
    TF700
    Posts
    318
    Liked
    36 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinthefixer View Post
    Password to what? The tablet's lock screen? Google account? Much more info please.
    Any/all passwords. The remember password option in the Boat browser is really random. Unless some websites block this option in some way so that the browser does not offer to remember.

 

 

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Strong Passwords
    By TomTomMapper in forum Transformer Prime Help
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-20-2012, 05:33 AM
  2. Save vpn passwords?
    By skallal in forum Asus Transformer (TF101) Help
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-02-2012, 06:48 PM
  3. Can default Browser remember Passwords on TF101 ??
    By goodshape in forum Asus Transformer (TF101) Help
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-28-2011, 09:50 AM
  4. Delete passwords and other personal files
    By Ichthydoc in forum Asus Transformer (TF101) Help
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-12-2011, 09:17 PM
  5. Transformer showing passwords?
    By mikeinrichmond in forum Asus Transformer (TF101) General Discussions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-08-2011, 06:43 AM
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.3
Copyright © 2021 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:17 PM.