Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    27 times

Question [SOLVED] I blew it can I fix it or not (Google Play)

i'd been having issues with my the google play store on my infinity for several weeks now. sometimes it loads but more often than not it times out. not a problem with wifi, routers or modems or av software as everything else works perfectly (tested on anther android tablet also no problems.) so i thought i would disable it, the google play store app, remove updates and then reinstall and re-apply any updates BUT discovered too late it wasn't that easy. running jb at present and the only other option i can think of at this time is to do a factory reset. not even sure if that would do the trick or not. so anyone with experience with this problem or knows of someone who dealt with something similar? any input also input as to whether or not the factory reset (downloaded rom posted by frederuco onto sd) will resolve this? any help would be appreciated, thanks mike

*fyi it does still show in settings-apps-all apps but there is a disable button, force stop but nothing to restart or check for updates. as for it being amongst all my apps and widgets (using upper right corner to access) it isn't there so i cannot even drag and drop it.

Not sure how to delete if possible post but after restarting a second time i got the og version back and it works so problem sort of solved will deal with factory reset another day, thanks
    Last edited by mikenzinbfe; 03-03-2014 at 05:29 PM.
    Funny, how just when you think life can't possibly get any worse it suddenly does. -Douglas Adams-

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    5 times
    There is never a restart or check for update in any app in the app manager.
    As long as the app is no longer disabled, you should just be able to open the old version of it from your app list.
    Then it will take care of updating itself from your installed app list in the play store.
    Samsung Galaxy Player 5.0 (KitKat 4.4)
    Ex-Archos 70IT 8GB (Froyo)
    Ex-Transformer Pad Prime 32GB Grey (ICS, S/N BCxxxxxxxxx)
    Transformer Pad Infinity 32GB Grey (JB, S/N C7xxxxxxxxx)
    Transformer Pad Dock AD01 Grey (FW: DOCK-EC21N-105, S/N CAxxxxxxxxx)

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    501 times
    Glad you got it solved! Good job!

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    27 times
    thanks fior the feedback and yes i am aware of that but before when i have disabled apps that i couldn't or had no intention of removing, well they would always still be there but this time was a first for the app to just disappear entirely from the tablet. as said took a couple of restarts of the tablet before for some reason the play store app showed up again, thank goodness. now that it has returned i am able to use just as well as i did on day one. still curious though why it would disappear and then just show up? oh well at least we got her resolved.
    Funny, how just when you think life can't possibly get any worse it suddenly does. -Douglas Adams-

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    27 times
    well mostly, don't get me wrong totally not complaining as i have the play store back even if i do not know why or how and that would be nice to know. also the version i am using now is the one we all were using what say six, eight months back but at least unlike what i have been experiencing of late it loads fast, no hanging and me i don't care about looks that much with my software i care about performance and in my case anyway the older version is functioning much better than the new version. knock on wood if it tries to auto update i can just click no or thanks but no thanks. have a good one!

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links