Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times

Unhappy TF700T problem with mini HDMI output

Hi,

I have a ASUS TF700T (ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity TF700T) that doesnít be able to via the mini HDMI copy itís screen to a TV. Except from this it works perfect.

The background story is the following;

Before this unit also was able to copy itís screen to a TV via a HDMI cable. But, and not related to this HDMI interface there was some sort of hardware problem with my unit and it was sent to ASUS for repair. Now when I have received my computer back and with a replaced mother board the unit works again as a dream except for the above described problem.

It shall be stated that the HDMI cable and the TV set is the same as before and now changes have been made there.

The ASUS TF700T unit has, as suggested to solve the problem, been reset to its factory settings and restarted without any change.

Is there anyone out there who have experienced the same or have any good ideas of how to solve my problem?

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    80 times
    If you're on stock firmware try flashing the firmware again. You can get it from Asus support site.
    Not Your Father's Stock TF700T - KatKiss Is ON!
    Thanks to timduru - droidbound - kevinthefixer!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by flhthemi View Post
    If you're on stock firmware try flashing the firmware again. You can get it from Asus support site.

I just checked that the available version at ASUS homepage is: ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T Firmware: V10.6.1.14.10 Only for WW SKU (Android 4.2.1)

My TF700T runs with Android 4.2.1 but I cant find any version number on the firmware. When trying to update with the latest version I get the respons that the System is updated with the last version.

I guees that your advise is to download the last firmware to an USB stick and from (with the help of) that USB stick do a new reboot?

So what will be the difference to have the latest firmware updated automatically via Internet and as you suggested download (as I understand) the same version and reboot via an USM-stick?

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    80 times
    Quote Originally Posted by willyj View Post
    I just checked that the available version at ASUS homepage is: ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T Firmware: V10.6.1.14.10 Only for WW SKU (Android 4.2.1)

My TF700T runs with Android 4.2.1 but I cant find any version number on the firmware. When trying to update with the latest version I get the respons that the System is updated with the last version.

I guees that your advise is to download the last firmware to an USB stick and from (with the help of) that USB stick do a new reboot?

So what will be the difference to have the latest firmware updated automatically via Internet and as you suggested download (as I understand) the same version and reboot via an USM-stick?
    Ok so you need some help doing this. Try reading this link COMPLETELY before you do anything and make sure you understand what to do. In particular you will need to use the section of THIS post titled "Boot Loop/No Boot Version".

BACKUP anything you want to keep first.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by flhthemi View Post
    Ok so you need some help doing this. Try reading this link COMPLETELY before you do anything and make sure you understand what to do. In particular you will need to use the section of THIS post titled "Boot Loop/No Boot Version".

BACKUP anything you want to keep first.
    I think I will be able to manage after your excelent instruction BUT what will be the difference to have the latest firmware updated automatically via Internet OR as you suggested download (as I understand) the same version of firmware and reboot via an USM-stick? It will still be the same version of firmware . . . .?

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    80 times
    When you install from your msdcard it overwrites everything. The OTA update just writes what is needed to update.

Chief Customizer & Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    711 times
    Quote Originally Posted by willyj View Post
    I think I will be able to manage after your excelent instruction BUT what will be the difference to have the latest firmware updated automatically via Internet OR as you suggested download (as I understand) the same version of firmware and reboot via an USM-stick? It will still be the same version of firmware . . . .?
    The hope here is that it is a software problem that might be solved by re-flashing the complete firmware. You can certainly try this, but my suspicion is, they forgot to reconnect some tiny cable or connector when installing the new main board.
    I definitely would try to flash the firmware before sending it in to Asus again...

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    80 times
    Quote Originally Posted by droidbound View Post
    The hope here is that it is a software problem that might be solved by re-flashing the complete firmware. You can certainly try this, but my suspicion is, they forgot to reconnect some tiny cable or connector when installing the new main board.
    I definitely would try to flash the firmware before sending it in to Asus again...
    Yup just thought this would help confirm a hardware issue..... I dunno, do they use a cable inside to connect the HDMI port to the main board or is it a socket that's soldered into it?

Might also try just a light wiggle of the cable on the tablet end when connected if it is loose solder or bad port it might show.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links