Thread: [ SOLVED ] TF700T Boot Loop and recovery issues

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    3 times

[ SOLVED ] TF700T Boot Loop and recovery issues

i hope this will make sense. ive googled this issue to death, tried different things. i am stuck, please help!

one day while turning on my tf700t tablet i noticed it was stuck in a boot loop. i fully charged it to see if it was a battery issue but still the same problem. one of the first things i tried is a cold boot, which brings me to the same boot loop. it sticks at the first asus startup screen.

i am able to press the volume down and power button to get in to the menu for recovery, cold boot and wipe data. at the top it says boot loader 1.00 e, the system version, and says key driver not found...booting os. i downloaded the latest system version and flashed it with recovery. i know the system was updated because i noticed the new system version number, but its still stuck in the boot loop.

i dont know if the "key driver not found.. booting OS" is an issue i need to address.

i looked at some suggestions saying to do a fastboot adb recovery. i downloaded the program from a few different sites but they each had their own problems. one couldnt recognize the device, one froze the tablet upon trying the adb command, and others didnt do anything. i couldnt find the right one for my situation i guess.

i contacted asus and told them what i did and they said i did all that they would have suggested and gave me an RMA. i believe there is a method out there that will work but i havent found it yet. i am very technically savvy so i know i can do it. i dont think i need to send it to ASUS and get charged for something i can do, i just need to be pointed in the right direction.

i have never rooted or modified this device in any way.

thanks in advance
    Last edited by maccapaul; 02-11-2014 at 03:25 PM.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    1225 times
    Welcome to the forum macca. Say Hi to Ringo for me.

Key driver not found -- this is normal as it refers to an optional test file that Asus uses.

I've moved your thread to the TF700 Help section. Someone with experience handling those issues will no doubt respond.

Chief Customizer & Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    711 times
    Quote Originally Posted by maccapaul View Post
    i hope this will make sense. ive googled this issue to death, tried different things. i am stuck, please help!

one day while turning on my tf700t tablet i noticed it was stuck in a boot loop. i fully charged it to see if it was a battery issue but still the same problem. one of the first things i tried is a cold boot, which brings me to the same boot loop. it sticks at the first asus startup screen.

i am able to press the volume down and power button to get in to the menu for recovery, cold boot and wipe data. at the top it says boot loader 1.00 e, the system version, and says key driver not found...booting os. i downloaded the latest system version and flashed it with recovery. i know the system was updated because i noticed the new system version number, but its still stuck in the boot loop.

i dont know if the "key driver not found.. booting OS" is an issue i need to address.

i looked at some suggestions saying to do a fastboot adb recovery. i downloaded the program from a few different sites but they each had their own problems. one couldnt recognize the device, one froze the tablet upon trying the adb command, and others didnt do anything. i couldnt find the right one for my situation i guess.

i contacted asus and told them what i did and they said i did all that they would have suggested and gave me an RMA. i believe there is a method out there that will work but i havent found it yet. i am very technically savvy so i know i can do it. i dont think i need to send it to ASUS and get charged for something i can do, i just need to be pointed in the right direction.

thanks in advance
    For adb to work you need to be rooted, for fastboot you need to be unlocked too. Both are not attainable as long as you are at a stuck boot ,or bootloop don't quite know what you have. A bootloop shuts down, comes to a certain point, shuts down again and loops back. A stuck boot is what you probably have: Being stuck at some point of the boot process and not going anywhere. Since you already flashed your system, boot and recovery partitions with the system update, the problem is probably corrupted data on the data partition.
    I think your only option is to use the Wipe Data command fro the bootloader menu (same place you accessed your recovery and the cold boot from). Just select the right icon, confirm your selection.
    Unfortunately you will loose all apps and data currently on the tablet.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    3 times
    Ringo says peace!!

Quote Originally Posted by droidbound View Post
    For adb to work you need to be rooted, for fastboot you need to be unlocked too. Both are not attainable as long as you are at a stuck boot ,or bootloop don't quite know what you have. A bootloop shuts down, comes to a certain point, shuts down again and loops back. A stuck boot is what you probably have: Being stuck at some point of the boot process and not going anywhere. Since you already flashed your system, boot and recovery partitions with the system update, the problem is probably corrupted data on the data partition.
    I think your only option is to use the Wipe Data command fro the bootloader menu (same place you accessed your recovery and the cold boot from). Just select the right icon, confirm your selection.
    Unfortunately you will loose all apps and data currently on the tablet.
    thanks for your reply.

yes i have tried the wipe data then did the system flash again and its still does the stuck boot or boot loop. ive actually tried every combination thats possible in the menu.

i thought the hard drive was corrupt but the system flash i did seemed to be successful, and the system version says the correct number in the recovery menu.

im perfectly fine losing any apps or info on there, i can get it back, i just want this to boot properly.

do you have any other suggestions?

Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    711 times
    Ringo says peace!!

thanks for your reply.

yes i have tried the wipe data then did the system flash again and its still does the stuck boot or boot loop. ive actually tried every combination thats possible in the menu.

i thought the hard drive was corrupt but the system flash i did seemed to be successful, and the system version says the correct number in the recovery menu.

im perfectly fine losing any apps or info on there, i can get it back, i just want this to boot properly.

do you have any other suggestions?
    I am sorry mate, but without root and with a locked bootloader there is very little you can do, except for sending it to Asus for repair.
    Yours is a relatively rare case - at least I seldom read about users on stock running into this situation. But it is the reason why I personally feel helpless and defenseless with a locked and unrooted system. IF something goes wrong you are totally dependent on the manufacturer. Which is fine as long as you have warranty, but once that is gone - why not unlock and root - even if you don't want to mess with custom roms and such?
    On locked stock it's like you have a car and can take it only to the dealer for service and repair. Your friendly (and much cheaper) neighborhood mechanic is of no use to you because the hood is locked and only your dealer has the key....

Sorry for the digression - this doesn't help you at all, but it irks me not to be able to try anything else on your tablet.
    If you do find a solution, please let us know! Good luck

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    3 times
    it is not often i am told i should root my device to prevent problems.

ironic actually because every other device i have is rooted or modified somehow, i just didnt feel a need with this one. but once i get it in hand and fixed i will make sure to do so.

there is a repair shop in town that said they will look at the problem. the device is no longer under warranty and if i can help it i dont want to wait weeks while its all the way in texas.

thanks for your help, ill report back later.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    711 times
    I don't think you can prevent problems by rooting and/or unlocking your phone or tablet. What I meant to say was that IF you have a serious problem such as yours there's so much more you can do to try to rectify it!
    With a custom recovery you can
    - create a nandroid and restore it if something goes wrong
    - wipe or format partitions selectively
    - rescue your data if can't boot the tablet

Having root and fastboot access gives you the option of
    - pulling kernel or system logs to identify problems
    - side load diagnostic tools
    - erase or flash partitions selectively

NVflash is available for this tablet to make it brickproof. With all these tools the only thing I worry about is hardware failure. And there's nothing that can prevent that...
    But I am confident that I get out of software related problems one way or the other.

Yes, rooting and unlocking comes with the potential to do serious damage to your tablet. It's a risk for the reckless, the impatient, the too-lazy-to learn and the must-have-the-latest-gimmick crowd.
    In my experience almost all the bricks I have read about were unnecessary and preventable and all the more tragic for it.....

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times

Exclamation

thanks in advance

I have the exact same problem. I have not rooted or done anything to my tablet. If you find any information please share!!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    2 times
    I'm so confused and frustrated. I'm not sure if what I have is a "boot loop" problem. It just keeps restarting over and over again. I attempted to get to a factory reset position by holding the start and volume button at the same time, but it just shuts down the tablet. I also used a paper clip to reset to no avail.

The tablet gets very little use and it's only 9 months old.

I'm at a loss and would greatly appreciate some advice. Thank you.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    711 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Joolz View Post
    I'm so confused and frustrated. I'm not sure if what I have is a "boot loop" problem. It just keeps restarting over and over again. I attempted to get to a factory reset position by holding the start and volume button at the same time, but it just shuts down the tablet. I also used a paper clip to reset to no avail.

The tablet gets very little use and it's only 9 months old.

I'm at a loss and would greatly appreciate some advice. Thank you.
    Yes, you have a classic boot loop. If holding the Volume Down and Power button from the off position does not boot you into the bootloader, your only option is to send it in for repair. You still have warranty, so don't despair.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links