Thread: Transformer 700 Continuously rebooting--won't stop

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1 times

Transformer 700 Continuously rebooting--won't stop

Strange. This morning got my TF 700 and it started rebooting. Over and over. I try to catch it and on occasion have been able to rechoose the keyboard. Now have it on the android board. On occasion would allow me to type in password, other times not. Even when password typed in, and i click on app, it would reboot again. It has been rebooting continuously whether i touch it or not for the last 40 minutes. HELP!!!

Any ideas. Thinking about just letting battery run down and start over.

It has been sluggish lately and difficult to move from one app to another and web pages are slow to load. Happy to do factory reset if that is what it takes but cannot do that because of continuous rebooting.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by thomasattrp View Post
    Strange. This morning got my TF 700 and it started rebooting. Over and over. I try to catch it and on occasion have been able to rechoose the keyboard. Now have it on the android board. On occasion would allow me to type in password, other times not. Even when password typed in, and i click on app, it would reboot again. It has been rebooting continuously whether i touch it or not for the last 40 minutes. HELP!!!

Any ideas. Thinking about just letting battery run down and start over.

It has been sluggish lately and difficult to move from one app to another and web pages are slow to load. Happy to do factory reset if that is what it takes but cannot do that because of continuous rebooting.

Thanks in advance for your help.
    I solved the problem temporarily if not permanently. I found the info on this forum re reset to factory. Required me to hold down the power button on the left and the left side of the volume button. I did this while the device was rebooting and finally it caught and gave me the screen to do a factory reset. I followed the instructions and it worked. The actual reset was done in less than five minutes, though once my info was entered, rejoined google, etc. it started downloading and updating all my apps. Did not preserve data which was okay since i had it saved in the cloud and don't mind downloading. actually helped me clean up my folders. So, problem solved for the moment.
    frenziedfemale likes this.

Chief Customizer & Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    711 times
    Quote Originally Posted by thomasattrp View Post
    I solved the problem temporarily if not permanently. I found the info on this forum re reset to factory. Required me to hold down the power button on the left and the left side of the volume button. I did this while the device was rebooting and finally it caught and gave me the screen to do a factory reset. I followed the instructions and it worked. The actual reset was done in less than five minutes, though once my info was entered, rejoined google, etc. it started downloading and updating all my apps. Did not preserve data which was okay since i had it saved in the cloud and don't mind downloading. actually helped me clean up my folders. So, problem solved for the moment.
    Good! Now before you re-install whatever app may have caused this, think about: What did you install prior to it getting really sluggish (red flag for either a very badly written app or malware).
    Any apps sideloaded? Accepted an offer for a "free" version of an app or game that you usually have to pay for?
    Re-install apps slowly and see if starts acting up again.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links