Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times

Keyboard Issues - Not all special keys at top are functioning

Hello,

I am wondering if others are having this same problem. I have noticed recently that some of the keys at the top of the leyboard do not do what they were intended to do. Most of the keys at the top including wifi, bluetooth, settings, and screen brightness buttons don't work. Is there a known problem and fix for this?

TRANSFORMER FORUMS LEGEND
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times
    Hmm, are you running a custom ROM by chance?

AFAIK, there are no known issues with these keys unless it is a custom ROM that does not have full keyboard support, or if there is a hardware issue on the dock.

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    471 times
    A cold boot with the dock attached might fix it.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    I have unlocked, and loaded the latest version of CROMI-x on my Transformer. I like it but I have come across one problem. I have noticed that most of the keys at the top of my keyboard dock no longer function. They are (wifi, bluetooth, mousepad, any of the brightness settings, browser, settings, and mute). I do not believe that was the case before the upgrade but I am not sure. My questions are as follows:

1. Does anyone know of this as an issue? and if so, is there a solution?
    2. To test this further, I would like to load the latest stock ROM onto the machine but before I do, I want to make sure I am doing things correctly so as to not brick the device. Can I simply download the stock ROM from somewhere (Do you know where?) and flash it the same way I did CROMI-x? Or is there something else I need to do first?
    3. Is there a something I might of missed during the install of CROMI-x that might have solved this issue?

I also have a completely separate question regarding returning the device as close to factory reset as possible. I understand that once I have unlocked the device it is never going to be able to be locked again. Is there a process that I can go through which will bring it as close as possible to a factory reset as possible? If so, can someone point me to the procedures?

Thanks

Chief Customizer & Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    710 times
    Quote Originally Posted by davidbecht01 View Post
    I have unlocked, and loaded the latest version of CROMI-x on my Transformer. I like it but I have come across one problem. I have noticed that most of the keys at the top of my keyboard dock no longer function. They are (wifi, bluetooth, mousepad, any of the brightness settings, browser, settings, and mute). I do not believe that was the case before the upgrade but I am not sure. My questions are as follows:

1. Does anyone know of this as an issue? and if so, is there a solution?
    2. To test this further, I would like to load the latest stock ROM onto the machine but before I do, I want to make sure I am doing things correctly so as to not brick the device. Can I simply download the stock ROM from somewhere (Do you know where?) and flash it the same way I did CROMI-x? Or is there something else I need to do first?
    3. Is there a something I might of missed during the install of CROMI-x that might have solved this issue?

I also have a completely separate question regarding returning the device as close to factory reset as possible. I understand that once I have unlocked the device it is never going to be able to be locked again. Is there a process that I can go through which will bring it as close as possible to a factory reset as possible? If so, can someone point me to the procedures?

Thanks
    As sbdags told you when you posted this on XDA: reflash the rom with the stock kernel to test it and make sure the Asus keyboard is selected when docked.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 4

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    16 times
    I think it has to do with the file that maps the keyboard. If you are rooted you can find the file and rewrite the mapping for the keys that don't work. There's an article at xda about the file which tells what the values are for each key. It probably happened when using a third-party keyboard app like Logitech (which did it to me). I'm guessing the app re-wrote the keyboard mapping file for itself and then didn't replace it with the original settings when it was uninstalled.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links