Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times

Issues with calendar sync to Exchange

The problem I'm having is my Exchange (Corporate) calendar isn't syncing properly with my tablet.
    I have just the Exchange calendar set to sync.
    I get A FEW items from my calendar syncing to my tablet but the vast majority don't sync.
    If I create a calendar item on my tablet it shows up on my other devices.
    If I create a calendar item elsewhere it doesn't show up on my tablet.

I've removed and recreated my Exchange account several times. I've done this from the email app as well as from the Settings-Accounts area.
    I've tried several calendars including the stock Asus one, Google Calendar, Business Calendar and at least one other that I can't remember the name of.
    I've gone all through the sync settings. The account is set to push. I've tried manually syncing.
    I've deleted the application data and cache for the calendar (including Calendar Storage).

The other devices I'm using have no problem. My PCs and my android phone (Samsung Galaxy III) work perfectly. I can create/modify/delete calendar items on any of them and the changes show up on the other devices. (All except the tablet that is).

Any ideas?
    Thanks in advance!

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2826 times
    Welcome to the forum

The only advice I can offer is to point you in the direction of the threads listed at the foot of this page in the "Similar Threads" section - I would hope they might shed some light on this for you.

All the best.

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for replying.
    I actually spent an hour or 2 scouring the forums for answers before I posted. There seemed to be 1 or 2 people with a similar problem but the last post was almost a year ago and there was no resolution. I'd hoped that by starting fresh it might catch someone's eye who knows the answer.
    I'd already tried the fixes that worked for people with similar problems but to no avail.
    The only option I didn't try was to buy an app called Touchdown. I'm still not really clear if it's for sync to Outlook or Exchange but I don't think I should need to purchase an app for this since my other android device (phone) syncs perfectly with my Exchange server. (and in fact for everything except my calendar, my tablet syncs perfectly too)

Any other suggestions out there?
    cheers...

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    Hey,
    Any thoughts anyone?
    I've been playing a bit more with my calendar problem and still haven't found a solution.

Any suggestions would be welcome!

cheers,
    p

Chief Customizer & Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    711 times
    Quote Originally Posted by guacamole View Post
    Hey,
    Any thoughts anyone?
    I've been playing a bit more with my calendar problem and still haven't found a solution.

Any suggestions would be welcome!

cheers,
    p
    In Settings > Data usage > Menu, Auto-Sync is checked?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 4

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by droidbound View Post
    In Settings > Data usage > Menu, Auto-Sync is checked?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 4
    Thanks for the reply. Yes that is checked.

This is getting a bit frustrating. I was hoping this thing would be my laptop replacement going forward but with a calendar issue this big I just can't rely on it.
    I have tried several calendars and all show the same calendar items.
    I can't tell if there is any sort of pattern for what items show up and what ones are missing but I would guess that I'm seeing about 1/4 of the items that should be there.

Any more thoughts or suggestions are welcome!

p

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    I'd hoped that with the number of views on this thread, there would be other people having this problem and some sort of resolution would have been worked out by now.

I've deleted and recreated my exchange account a couple more times. I'm not sure but I think I'm seeing a slightly different group of calendar items after recreating the account. The list of things that shows up on my tablet calendar seems to have no commonality. Some single instance items, some recurring items, some birthday type items...
    I'd really love to get this sorted out.

Are there any others out there having this (or a similar) problem? Even if you haven't managed to sort it out I'd love to hear what sort of troubleshooting methods you've tried.

cheers, p

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times

Sae (similar problem), no solution

Quote Originally Posted by guacamole View Post
    Are there any others out there having this (or a similar) problem? Even if you haven't managed to sort it out I'd love to hear what sort of troubleshooting methods you've tried.
    I'm having almost the same problem (slightly worse) and no solution. I have nothing appearing in the calendar at all.
    I am syncing to Exchange Server. Emails syncs. Contacts Sync. The calendar reports that it has synced. But nothing appears. Creating an event on the Tablet does not sync the event back to the server.

Everything works with the iPhone and the Droid 3 phone. But not on the tablet.

I have tried removing and recreating the account. Manual, push and timed syncs. Setting sync settings on and off. Setting to sync with Google calendar, on and off. Creating events locally to sync to the server.

My one question is whether it is some security setting at the exchange server end. When I create the account I get a warning that the exchange administrator wants the rights to wipe my phone, disable camera, etc etc. I agree (if I don't I can't sync). I did not get that message on the Droid 3 (although that was set up a longer time ago). So maybe there is some restriction/permission issue - I don't even know if that is possible.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by waynemcdougall View Post
    My one question is whether it is some security setting at the exchange server end. When I create the account I get a warning that the exchange administrator wants the rights to wipe my phone, disable camera, etc etc. I agree (if I don't I can't sync). I did not get that message on the Droid 3 (although that was set up a longer time ago). So maybe there is some restriction/permission issue - I don't even know if that is possible.
    That is a standard question that comes up with any mobile device you connect to Exchange (if the Exchange server is set with the appropriate security settings). I received the same message connecting my own iphone and droid phone, and many different phones for clients. After replying in the affirmative, no device has ever had troubles syncing with the server.

I still haven't had any luck getting my tablet to work although admittedly I haven't put a huge effort in recently. I don't *want* to give up but it's taking way too much time to try to figure this out without any help whatsoever from Asus.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    Had the same challenge and have come up with a work around. I trolled around the net and found Google's Google Calendar Sync. Took a little to find it because Google no longer supports it, but found it and, despite reports to the contrary, it works fine!

When I'm in Outlook, I also open my Google calendar and then run this Google Sync program, which does, as it name implies, sync Outlook and Google Calendars, albeit at 10 minute intervals -- think you have to do a little set up stuff to the Google Sync program (like providing Google account info)

Hope that helps

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links