Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By leeshor
  • 1 Post By janner43

Thread: Is it possible to Update flash on tf700 to the latest version?

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    8 times

Is it possible to Update flash on tf700 to the latest version?

Hello all .. many apologies if the answer is posted elsewhere, but my Google search and subsequent forum search here has not lead me to an answer.

I installed Flash on my TF700 when it first came out, and have been very grateful to have it. I've been noticing lately that some sites are starting to say "you need the current version of flash to view this video/page/info etc..."

Simple question, can I update my original version of Flash? Do I download it onto a micro SD card and do it that way? If so, where can I get the current version, and exactly how do I Update my current version??

[please no comments from the gallery on how "flash is dead" .. I use it a lot and for me it is currently very much alive]
    Android: TF700 64GB with 32GB removable micro sd / HTC sensation with 16GB removable micro sd

Big Boy: GTX460 SLI rig on MSI P55-GD80 / Intel core i5-750 / Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus / 8gb DDR3 SDRAM / 2 x PNY GTX460 Fermi [OC] 1Gb each / WD Black 640GB / ASUS OEM DVD ROM / XFX Black Edition 750W PSU

Transformer Forums Legend
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1818 times
    Simple question, can I update my original version of Flash? Do I download it onto a micro SD card and do it that way? If so, where can I get the current version, and exactly how do I Update my current version??
    I have a link below that will tale you to the Flash site, current version ends in 63. You can do it from the SD card by double taping or even browse to your computer or download it directly and do the same thing. It WILL upgrade.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    8 times
    Ok, I finally found the page you're referring to. The top one listed, the highest number of the bunch, under android 4.0, loads up as a file to save named XXXX. ICS. XXX .. should I be concerned that the file is labeled Ice Cream Sandwich on the download screen? It is numbered xxxxx.115.69. I guess it's just the latest they have for android ... and they're calling it ICS x,y or z because they don't officially support JB.

Le grand siiiigh ...

EDIT .. Adding said link for Flash Versions from leeshore's help pages

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/...ml?PID=5583226
    Last edited by cognitoo; 07-17-2013 at 11:37 PM.
    Android: TF700 64GB with 32GB removable micro sd / HTC sensation with 16GB removable micro sd

Big Boy: GTX460 SLI rig on MSI P55-GD80 / Intel core i5-750 / Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus / 8gb DDR3 SDRAM / 2 x PNY GTX460 Fermi [OC] 1Gb each / WD Black 640GB / ASUS OEM DVD ROM / XFX Black Edition 750W PSU

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2827 times
    It seems to be my role here to keep the Flash & browser guide thread up to date

So I have updated that thread (linked in my signature) to expand the section on how to get Adobe Flash Player & included in that update that the 4.0 archive is the one to use for versions of Android from 4.0 - so 4.1, 4.2 etc. I have also added information about updating to whatever the newest version of the Player that Adobe have listed.

But, two advisory words of caution (before I close this thread & ask anyone who needs more help to refer to the main Guide thread linked below) - firstly, only get the Flash Player from the official Adobe site linked above & in the Browser Guide thread linked from my signature. Getting it from anywhere else (other than the Play Store if you are still able to) is to run the risk of exposing your device to a hacked & malware ridden version.

Secondly, please note that even having the latest version of the Flash Player will not guarantee 100% success on every site that has Flash content. Mobile Flash is not the same as full Flash on your Windows PC.

Thread Closed as question asked, answered & linked to other resources.
    cognitoo likes this.

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    1225 times
    Leeshor: As long as you're heading in the same direction that shouldn't be a problem.

For an example of great Flash sites, type in "Best Flash sites" in Google Search for instance.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links