Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times

Asus TF700 Keyboard dock not working

I have been trawling the forum and google for days reading up on everything so I have searched.
    Stock ASUS not rooted and on stock 4.2.1

Problem -
    • Keyboard isnt working anymore as it doesnt show on the battery widget as second battery and the keys or trackpad doesnt work.
    • On the bottom right hand corner it does though the memory card thats inserted into the dock.
    • Keyboard though does work (sometimes) when you have the charger plugged in!

Steps to try to resolve this -
    Cold booted with dock and undocked
    Factory reset (many times)
    Reinstalled rom
    Even bought another dock. Now I have two docks. Both are actually for the TF700 too btw and not the 201 dock.

To me it seems like it only happen since the OTA update. I could be wrong.
    After OTA update to 4.2.1 I had battery drain problems especially with dock plugged in etc.
    Is my Asus Infinity itself stuffed as in a hardware fault?
    Looking on many forums seems like a few people have this DOCK issue and it works when power plugged in.

I dont want to send my Tablet away for repairs. Once opened up tablets are never the same

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    2 times
    I am having the same problem. Since the software update in the May/June, the tablet just freezes when I dock. As soon as I undock, it recovers. I wish ASUS would step up and admit there is a problem and do something about it. They want me to buy the newer tablet. Why would I gave them another dime until they can prove they will support their product I already have and do the right thing?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times

Exact Same problem here too.

Quote Originally Posted by wsparry View Post
    I am having the same problem. Since the software update in the May/June, the tablet just freezes when I dock. As soon as I undock, it recovers. I wish ASUS would step up and admit there is a problem and do something about it. They want me to buy the newer tablet. Why would I gave them another dime until they can prove they will support their product I already have and do the right thing?

I am taking it back to Best Buy and raising a fit to see what they will do about it. It can't be isolated from all the issues seen out there.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    I am having the same issue, only it won't recognize my keyboard with or without power connection.

Tablet charges fine from the wall without the dock connected, tablet will recognize the SD card in my keyboard dock, I can transfer files to my tablets internal storage through the keyboard dock, but the tablet will not recognize they keyboard itself as an input device and the dock will not charge the tablet. Also, if the tablet is powered off and I connect it to the dock, it turns on just like when you connect it to power.

This just happened last night right before my eyes. I opened it to use it, saw that the dock wasn't charged and the tablet was down to half charge, so I plugged it into the wall (through the dock) and it didn't charge. I tried a few more outlets (thinking maybe it was the hotel's power outlet that was at fault) with no luck then I realized the keyboard dock icon was gone and it has not returned since.

Tried cold-booting, did a complete wipe factory reset, nothing.

Anyone have any updates on this problem?
    Last edited by dub97gt; 11-10-2013 at 08:48 AM.

Chief Customizer & Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    711 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dub97gt View Post
    I am having the same issue, only it won't recognize my keyboard with or without power connection.

Tablet charges fine from the wall without the dock connected, tablet will recognize the SD card in my keyboard dock, I can transfer files to my tablets internal storage through the keyboard dock, but the tablet will not recognize they keyboard itself as an input device and the dock will not charge the tablet. Also, if the tablet is powered off and I connect it to the dock, it turns on just like when you connect it to power.

This just happened last night right before my eyes. I opened it to use it, saw that the dock wasn't charged and the tablet was down to half charge, so I plugged it into the wall (through the dock) and it didn't charge. I tried a few more outlets (thinking maybe it was the hotel's power outlet that was at fault) with no luck then I realized the keyboard dock icon was gone and it has not returned since.

Tried cold-booting, did a complete wipe factory reset, nothing.

Anyone have any updates on this problem?
    Do you have a store nearby that may have the TF700 dock? I would take the tablet there and ask them to connect a brand new dock to see if it is in fact the dock (which is likely).
    It could be a faulty port but that you can access the dock SD speaks against that. Although I believe those are separate circuits for charging, data transfer etc.
    Anyway - connecting a different dock would at least tell you if it's the dock gone bust or something else.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 4

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by wsparry View Post
    I'm having the exact same issue. If I try to boot up the tablet with the dock attached it freezs at the ASUS logo. If I undock, then it will continue to boot up and work fine. But if I attach the dock the tablet freezes again until I undock the keyboard again. My problem also started with the software update. The tablet does not appear to recognize the dock, no keyboard or tackpad funtions, no 2nd battery icon, etc, but will take a charge and charge the tablet through the dock.

Does anyone know if Asus has addressed this issue? It appears to be a software issue since the problem began after the software upgrade.

Senior Moderator Meritorious
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    904 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BowhunterJohn View Post
    I'm having the exact same issue. If I try to boot up the tablet with the dock attached it freezs at the ASUS logo. If I undock, then it will continue to boot up and work fine. But if I attach the dock the tablet freezes again until I undock the keyboard again. My problem also started with the software update. The tablet does not appear to recognize the dock, no keyboard or tackpad funtions, no 2nd battery icon, etc, but will take a charge and charge the tablet through the dock.

Does anyone know if Asus has addressed this issue? It appears to be a software issue since the problem began after the software upgrade.
    Welcome to the forum John...and all you others that are having the problem with your dock. As far as I know Asus hasn't addressed this apparent problem. I'm in agreement with Droidbound, take it back to where you bought it and see what you can do.
    Asus Eee Pad TF101 (gave to wife); Samsung Galaxy Note 8 phone and tablet

The Master Help Guide http://www.transformerforums.com/for...elp-guide.html
    Guidelines of Conduct http://www.transformerforums.com/for...orums-com.html
    Frederuco's Fantastical Forum Favorites http://www.transformerforums.com/for...favorites.html
    Asus T100 Master Help Guide http://www.transformerforums.com/for...elp-guide.html

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times

Massive shutdown when docked

Just yesterday morning my TF700 suddenly started behaving strangely. When docked, it wouldn't turn on. I turned it on without the dock, it did fine. Charges directly with cord. This is now consistent behavior: attaching the keyboard shuts it down cold, immediately. It takes several seconds to manually turn on again, but it can no longer be connected to the dock or the same thing happens. I plan to visit Best Buy in the hopes that they have another keyboard, but if this is a software issue, should I be talking to ASUS, or a local representative who can tell me about recent software updates?

Please advise...

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2826 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Kearring View Post
    Just yesterday morning my TF700 suddenly started behaving strangely. When docked, it wouldn't turn on. I turned it on without the dock, it did fine. Charges directly with cord. This is now consistent behavior: attaching the keyboard shuts it down cold, immediately. It takes several seconds to manually turn on again, but it can no longer be connected to the dock or the same thing happens. I plan to visit Best Buy in the hopes that they have another keyboard, but if this is a software issue, should I be talking to ASUS, or a local representative who can tell me about recent software updates?

Please advise...
    Welcome to the forum

Sorry to read about your difficulty I do not believe this to be a software problem - it sounds almost certainly to be a hardware issue caused by a faulty dock connection point. Specifically one or more of the pin connections, most likely on the dock itself. Your device will almost certainly need a warranty repair from Asus. I believe they are best contacted in the USA by phone.

All the best

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    36 times
    For what it's worth I also have the TF700 which is completly stock, never been rooted, booted, and spured at all, not even a little teeny weeny reset. It has been running on 4.2.1. for some considerable time and apart from it beeing laggy after about nine months, which was cured by deleting, or disabling bloatware, is running OK. It seems strange to me that there are a number of people with the same problem.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links