Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times

Unhappy Help with Infinity TF700

Help! Is there any way to get the USB port to work on my TF700? I have some documents that I need to work on that are saved on a thumb drive but when I insert the drive into the USB port on my asus, nothing comes up - the light on my jump drive doesn't even turn on. When I start digging around in file manager, I see something that says external drive, but does not recognize that there is anything there, says zero bytes. I bought this tablet to help me with schoolwork on the go (I work two jobs plus go to college) but so far I'm not impressed. Either this is a really fancy netflix player or my learning curve is far too steep. Is there any books or documents or tutorials out there that can help me learn how to use this thing? Thank you SO much for any help. BTW my documents are due tonight so I need to import those word files ASAP, so any quick help is much appreciated..... :'(

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    37 times
    The TF700 does not have a USB port. Are you talking about the docking station USB port, or an adapter for the TF700 that gives you a USB port?

If anything, you can use DROPBOX to put your files in then access it with your TF700.

I am puzzled though; the TF700 does not have a USB port.
    Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T via America Online 4.0 on the QuickBASIC 4.5 Platform

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    111 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kris1201 View Post
    Help! Is there any way to get the USB port to work on my TF700? I have some documents that I need to work on that are saved on a thumb drive but when I insert the drive into the USB port on my asus, nothing comes up - the light on my jump drive doesn't even turn on. When I start digging around in file manager, I see something that says external drive, but does not recognize that there is anything there, says zero bytes. I bought this tablet to help me with schoolwork on the go (I work two jobs plus go to college) but so far I'm not impressed. Either this is a really fancy netflix player or my learning curve is far too steep. Is there any books or documents or tutorials out there that can help me learn how to use this thing? Thank you SO much for any help. BTW my documents are due tonight so I need to import those word files ASAP, so any quick help is much appreciated..... :'(
    Quote Originally Posted by SafeMode View Post
    The TF700 does not have a USB port. Are you talking about the docking station USB port, or an adapter for the TF700 that gives you a USB port?

If anything, you can use DROPBOX to put your files in then access it with your TF700.

I am puzzled though; the TF700 does not have a USB port.
    My tablet reads them, but it may depend on the format of the thumb drive. Also, are you on 4.2.1? I havent used a thumb drive since before updating to 4.2.1 so it could possibly be a 4.2.1 thing.

Tylor

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    37 times
    You have a USB port on your TF700 as well? Are there different kinds of TF700's? I just did a google image search and they all look like mine, no usb ports.

My guess he is using some type of adapter or maybe the keyboard dock. Maybe the problem is there.
    Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T via America Online 4.0 on the QuickBASIC 4.5 Platform

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    689 times
    I have an assortment of flash drives ranging from 4GB, 8GB, 32GB to 64GB and everyone works just fine in the Docking Station keyboard of my Infinity. And each are either formatted into NTFS or FAT32. As soon as they are inserted into the USB port they instantly show up by tapping the battery symbol at the lower right. After tapping the Flash Drive symbol then File Manager appears and shows all my stuff on the flash drive. (Also my Micro SD and my SD card also show up since I leave those two inserted at all times.) Your school work thumb drive must have been formatted in another format other than NTFS or Fat32. Or somehow all your files have been erased. All I know is I have no trouble with any type or size of Flash Drive, Micro SD, and Full size SD. That's what I love about my Infinity!
    Last edited by mrumm49; 05-28-2013 at 07:27 PM.

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    111 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SafeMode View Post
    You have a USB port on your TF700 as well? Are there different kinds of TF700's? I just did a google image search and they all look like mine, no usb ports.

My guess he is using some type of adapter or maybe the keyboard dock. Maybe the problem is there.
    We are talking about the keyboard dock. Most people choose the TF700 because it has a dock so a lot if not most have it. Makes a perfect laptop replacement because typing papers on a touch screen sucks,,,, really bad lol.

Tylor

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    501 times
    Have you tried a diiferent USB drive to see if the problem lies with the stick or the dock? You may need to RMA the dock.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links