Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: tf700 repeatedly makes plugged-in-sound while charging in sleep mode.

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    10 times
    Quote Originally Posted by frenziedfemale View Post
    Using an ASUS charger should help with your dinging sound. As for the screen turning on, you can just turn it off after you connect the charger.
    Oddly enough the Asus charger that came with my 700 pings but the TF101 charger when used on the 700 does not.

A third party charger also pings.

I'd think Asus could easily fix this problem with a software tweak. It would be most welcome.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by frenziedfemale View Post
    Using an ASUS charger should help with your dinging sound. As for the screen turning on, you can just turn it off after you connect the charger.
    So I am waiting for my expensive new ASUS charger.

However the screen always turns on again. Even when I completely shutdown, the TF starts again and then after a while it turns the screen off and a few minutes later turns it on again.

If this is all related to the charger, then my guess is that ASUS has fabricated something to do this. The charger charges the TF but all these little quirks shouldn't exist.

Up till now I have been a real ASUS fan (motherboards, graphic cards, cases and drives) and I read good things about this TF700T tablet but I start thinking now that I should have read more before deciding to buy this one. And frankly I will check other vendors much more now for all items.

The tablet works very good but charging is still an important item for every device so this could have been developed better.

Chief Customizer & Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    711 times
    Quote Originally Posted by canonex View Post
    So I am waiting for my expensive new ASUS charger.

However the screen always turns on again. Even when I completely shutdown, the TF starts again and then after a while it turns the screen off and a few minutes later turns it on again.

If this is all related to the charger, then my guess is that ASUS has fabricated something to do this. The charger charges the TF but all these little quirks shouldn't exist.

Up till now I have been a real ASUS fan (motherboards, graphic cards, cases and drives) and I read good things about this TF700T tablet but I start thinking now that I should have read more before deciding to buy this one. And frankly I will check other vendors much more now for all items.

The tablet works very good but charging is still an important item for every device so this could have been developed better.
    You should ask yourself what app might be causing this. Sounds as if something is waking the tablet and turning the screen on.
    The best way to test this would be a factory reset and then check if the problem is still there. If not, it's something you installed...

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 4

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    10 times
    Quote Originally Posted by droidbound View Post
    You should ask yourself what app might be causing this. Sounds as if something is waking the tablet and turning the screen on.
    The best way to test this would be a factory reset and then check if the problem is still there. If not, it's something you installed...

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 4
    Whatever the cause, I suspect it's not an app b/c the same tablet works fine with some chargers and pings with others; it's only a problem with the 700 (as far as I know); and it appears to be fairly widespread.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    I have the same issue with the tf300t. I bought it from ebay w/o a charger so i ordered a 3rd party charger, also from ebay. The specs are correct for the tablet, 15v 1.2 amp but every few seconds it dings or the backlight comes on while charging. Its annoying and they could fix the issue with a small patch but probably wont. I guess we can hope for the best when the 4.3 update drops.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    0 times
    Little update. I received an original Asus charger and charging goes well now: no sounds and no screen flashing.

Unfortunately the usb cable was broken: tab didn't charge and when I tried to disconnect it from the pad, the cable connector remained inside the tab connector.
    I managed to get it out again and verified if everything still worked so I tried my original usb cable and the pad charges fine now.

But I still find this a strange way of working from Asus. Maybe it is good for sales but it lacks user-friendliness.
    Frankly I will think a few more times now before purchasing an Asus product and it was my favorite vendor for lots of things.

Regards and thanks for the help

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi am new to this forum but am having the same charger (non Asus) problem with my tf300t tablet.my screen also turns on and off whilst charging.Also makes ping noise.

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    80 times
    Might just be the way that particular charger works, like a cycle of voltage and the drop is below what the tablet thinks it should be so it thinks the plug got pulled. It might also be, a defective charger. Yup, stuff can be bad right out of the box!

If you read the post above your's, he had to get an Asus charger to stop it from happening.
    Not Your Father's Stock TF700T - KatKiss Is ON!
    Thanks to timduru - droidbound - kevinthefixer!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    SUpposing this happens even after a factory reset with multiple chargers, is there any chance that the answer isn't "Your tablet is physically broken, it's time to get a new one"?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links