Thread: ASUS TF700T Charging Problem !

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1 times

ASUS TF700T Charging Problem !

Just bought a TF700T 2 weeks . Was running soothly till yesterday. It was showing 10% battery and I plugged in for charging . Suddenly the tab swtiched off itself and never switched on again..Had been charging it for more than 10 hours now and still not on ..Also the charging indicator is also not showing any light while charging.........Please help me !!!!!!!~

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    501 times
    Welcome to the forum, sorry you are having troubles. Have you tried holding the power button down for 30 seconds, do you get a vibration? Have a quick read through this guide and see if you any of the suggestions help. Post back and let us know. [RS Guide] - So Your Transformer Won't Charge and/or Boot?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1 times
    Hi . I have already checked the wall charger . It is working fine and charging my phone fine . And yea I also tried power button for 30 sec , cold boot etc. no vibration nothing at all..No reaction at all ~

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    501 times
    You could try plugging it in to a computer overnight, the computer has to be set to not goto sleep though as the tablet will only receive a charge if the pc is awake. It will take about 8 hours to get a charge, then try holding the power button down for a good long time again. Sometimes this trickle charge works when this anomaly happens.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1 times
    But also while charging no light indicator is there..How would I know that whether it is charging or not ?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1 times
    One more thing When I connect it with my Laptop , the laptop doesnt show any notification of anything connected.I am really getting more and more confused and acting like a detective

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    501 times
    Maybe the cable is faulty? I would still try leaving it to trickle charge for 8 hours, even without gettting a light or anything. If you live close enough to an electronic store that sells them, maybe take it in and try one of their cabes if the trickle charge doesn't work? Some members have done this to trouble shoot charger/cable issues
    Arjun likes this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1 times
    Okay I will give it a try and get back with the status..Thanks

Banned
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    82 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Arjun View Post
    Okay I will give it a try and get back with the status..Thanks
    Arjun,
    I think you have simply met one of the problems that many on this forum want to dismiss for some reason. As you have been told, leave the tf700 plugged into your computer. The tf700 must be turned off, and the computer must be left on the whole time. Don't let the computer go into sleep mode. The computer must be providing power to its usb outlet constantly. If the tf700 charges even a small amount (after 8 hours it should at least have 50% charge), your charging cable is ok. But, the blasted wall wart (the thing Asus provided for you to plug into the electrical outlet on the wall to charge the tablet) has simply failed. If that is the problem, go on ebay and purchase an aftermarket charger (I certainly would not purchase another Asus charger). Asus chargers (the wall wart part) are well known (except by many posting on this forum) for overheating and failing. I think you have one of the failures. Again, my suggestion is to purchase aftermarket charger on ebay.

Go to this string in this forum: Do "cheap" chargers work?
    Go to the beginning of that thread and read all the way to the end, and I think you will have a better understanding of what has happened to you. You have met up with one of those occurrences that Swipe says are RARE. If this is what has happened to you, I don't think that you will be as ready to say that such occurrences are rare, but it will probably have no impact on Swipe (I very much like Swipe and his posts, but on this point, I think he dispenses with bad advise). I think it is Mike in that string that points out an aftermarket charger that works. I have one just like the one Mike points out. It works just fine, and it does it by NOT heating up. Don't take a chance on another Asus charger.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD
    Last edited by IdaUte; 04-21-2013 at 12:01 AM.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    501 times
    I am going to move this whole thread over to the tf700 help section. That way if you need further assistance, it may get more helpful replies.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links