Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times

Bluetooth audio regularly hiccups/skips post 4.2.1 update but ONLY when sleeping

Hi, subject says it all really.

I use my tablet a lot for streaming audio over wifi to a bluetooth Big Jambox speaker. Everything worked fine before the latest 4.2.1 update, and still works fine when the display is on, but once it sleeps, the audio hiccups or skips with monotonous regularity - it's irritatingly unlistenable :-(

Now I can keep the display on, but as I use it a lot, it's eating the battery even if I dim it.

I've seen various references to bluetooth regarding this update, but not the above behaviour.

Thanks,

Dave

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    111 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DABurleigh View Post
    Hi, subject says it all really.

I use my tablet a lot for streaming audio over wifi to a bluetooth Big Jambox speaker. Everything worked fine before the latest 4.2.1 update, and still works fine when the display is on, but once it sleeps, the audio hiccups or skips with monotonous regularity - it's irritatingly unlistenable :-(

Now I can keep the display on, but as I use it a lot, it's eating the battery even if I dim it.

I've seen various references to bluetooth regarding this update, but not the above behaviour.

Thanks,

Dave
    I get the above behavior to as the tablet enters deep sleep. When the tablet is on,headphones work fine, then after about 10 minute of screen being off the audio will begin to lag and is only fixable by turning on the screen.
    Like you said, leaving on the screen fixes it, but it drains battery but not nearly as fast as you state lol.
    I think this is related to the new kernal in the ROM. But I could be wrong.

Tylor

Sent from my ASUS Transformer TF700T Infinity Pad Using Tapatalk HD
    Rom: Stock 4.2.1 Rooted.
    UPDATE FOR TF700 USERS!!! AND THE 4.2.1 UPDATE http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2204100

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    I am having the same issue on my tf700 when the screen turns off...have you made any progress in figuring out how to fix it?

Chief Customizer & Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    711 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jsharon View Post
    I am having the same issue on my tf700 when the screen turns off...have you made any progress in figuring out how to fix it?
    I have not tried this myself, but what I would play around with the power saving settings under Asus customized settings and even WiFi. I just found out that having "Wifi optimization" on cuts my download speed by 75% (!) after the tablet wakes up from deep sleep unless I toggle WiFi.
    Something similar could be happening to Bluetooth once the screen turns off.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links