Thread: HELP : Screen going half black

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    3 times

HELP : Screen going half black

Ok, a new problem, one week into new tablet. I had Go Launcher installed but couldn't make it the default launcher, so uninstalled it and reinstalled it. Ever since then the screen has randomly gone into half black mode (bottom part just black, but showing the icons, just not the background wallpaper) and jibberish would appear periodically whenthat happens. Have clear data and uninstalled GO Launcher and still happens. Is it reset time? Will that erase all data on it like apps downloaded etd? Arghhhhhhh

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    778 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ncc1701d View Post
    Ok, a new problem, one week into new tablet. I had Go Launcher installed but couldn't make it the default launcher, so uninstalled it and reinstalled it. Ever since then the screen has randomly gone into half black mode (bottom part just black, but showing the icons, just not the background wallpaper) and jibberish would appear periodically whenthat happens. Have clear data and uninstalled GO Launcher and still happens. Is it reset time? Will that erase all data on it like apps downloaded etd? Arghhhhhhh
    First, try a hard reset, you won't lose any data! Power & volume down buttons depressed until white text appears on upper left of screen; then let go and let it boot. There may be a problem with Go Launcher and JB, another member couldn't make it the default.
    Asus Eee Pad TF101; Samsung Galaxy S4; Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition; Galaxy Note 8

The Master Help Guide http://www.transformerforums.com/for...elp-guide.html
    Guidelines of Conduct http://www.transformerforums.com/for...orums-com.html
    Frederuco's Fantastical Forum Favorites http://www.transformerforums.com/for...favorites.html

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    3 times
    Thanks Sculptedstylus...just pressed both...took a screen shot first, then the tablet vibrate and I think it rebooted, though never saw those white text on the top left as you mentioned. Will keep an eye out..the black screen resolves itself or if I turn off tablet and on...
    Good to hear about Go Launcher and default on others.....when i first downloaded it and it asked, I said no since I wasn't sure if I would like the new launcher.....but now that option is gone....will see what happens and may reinstall it later.

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1517 times
    Thanks Sculptedstylus...just pressed both...took a screen shot first, then the tablet vibrate and I think it rebooted, though never saw those white text on the top left as you mentioned. Will keep an eye out..the black screen resolves itself or if I turn off tablet and on...
    Good to hear about Go Launcher and default on others.....when i first downloaded it and it asked, I said no since I wasn't sure if I would like the new launcher.....but now that option is gone....will see what happens and may reinstall it later.
    If you didn't see the white writing upper left it didn't work correctly. I have detailed instructions in a link below in my sig. Try again.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    3 times
    Ok, just retried it. THis time I got the tiny letters in the top left, and the 4 icons in the middle of the scren with RCK being on the right. But don't think I saw the green flashing light. Anyhow, the 4 icons stayed inthe middle of screen for a few seconds, then the ASUS logo came on with the usual cursor circling and then back to my home screen. SO hopefully I did it right that tiem...guess the only way to konw is to see if the black screen comes back or not. Thanks.

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1517 times
    You got it this time......

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    3 times
    thanks leeshor....now if only I can get the Go Launcher to work!

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    778 times
    thanks leeshor....now if only I can get the Go Launcher to work!
    At least your not alone making GoLauncher your default! I've responded to at least three other members about being in the same boat. I just suggested to one member to contact the developer to inform him/her about the problem. I'll suggest the same thing to you, maybe they won't think it's just an isolated incident! It probably hasn't been updated for Jelly Bean.
    leeshor likes this.
    Asus Eee Pad TF101; Samsung Galaxy S4; Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition; Galaxy Note 8

Frederuco's Fantastical Forum Favorites http://www.transformerforums.com/for...favorites.html

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    3 times
    Well, things go worse. THe screen half black problem returned with a vegence. Now the screen does a double vision thing where the whole screen of app icons would double up, move out and in to the original spot after the screen goes half black. So I clear data of Go Launcher, and the Home screen switch program that another moderator advised me to try (it worked, but not permanently), forced stop all the programs, and uninstalled them all. That didn't resolve the problem and so I cold reset my tablet twice, and for now,the problem hasn't return (but I'm skeptic). Has anyone else reported this? Very disconcerting for a newbie here who just want a great laptop replacement for work! Help

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    778 times
    Well, things go worse. THe screen half black problem returned with a vegence. Now the screen does a double vision thing where the whole screen of app icons would double up, move out and in to the original spot after the screen goes half black. So I clear data of Go Launcher, and the Home screen switch program that another moderator advised me to try (it worked, but not permanently), forced stop all the programs, and uninstalled them all. That didn't resolve the problem and so I cold reset my tablet twice, and for now,the problem hasn't return (but I'm skeptic). Has anyone else reported this? Very disconcerting for a newbie here who just want a great laptop replacement for work! Help
    Personally, I would use an alternate launcher, like Apex, until the developer debugs GoLauncher!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads