Thread: Help with tf700 new Tablet Please

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    45 times
    THANK you soooo much AND-----

Please forgive me as I am embarrassed and ashamed. I just came from the Help Guide and don't know why I missed going back there as I was there way before but been so tied up with other things about my tablet, I overlooked that place. I am so sorry.
    Last edited by urlee; 02-24-2013 at 08:01 AM.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v94/urlee/acea6e3d.gif

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    45 times
    I have the TF700T tablet which has never seen WiFi yet!
    Soooo you know I didn't do any updates or downloads since I received it.

I just played with it offline to get to know it a little. I did take some pictures and worked with Super Note and Polaris Office to which I have some documents I want to save before I update and lose them.
    I just purchased a 64GB Micro SDXC card to which I would like to know HOW do I get my docs to go on it to save? The card shows up in the Storage area plus down by the clock.
    I clicked on the documents to have a box pop up to save but no SD Card on the list to choose to save to????

Please tell me how I get stuff on that card to save.
    Thanks.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    1048 times
    Urlee, with android the 'save to' function usually just saves to internal storage, not to an external sd card.
    You can use 'copy' and 'paste' to transfer your office documents to your sd card.
    You can do that through your File Manager, not through the app. ie. don't try to open a document in Polaris and look for 'save to' external storage.
    What you want to do is open your File Manager, should be an icon on your screen for it.
    You'll see some shortcuts at the bottom...Picture - Camera - Music - Download, if the file you want to transfer is in there, you can click that to open.
    If it's in the Documents folder, you should see a list of folders on the right....Documents is listed there. Tap to open it.
    Your documents inside will have a wee box next to them, put a tick next to the ones you'd like to transfer to your card....you'll see the 'copy' option then appears at the top of the page.
    Click copy.
    Now if you look above where your documents are listed, slightly to the left, you'll see sdcard/documents?
    Next to that is a wee folder icon thingy <--tech term. Tap it twice and it will show you a list of your storage options.
    The sdcard is your INTERNAL storage, like your c/drive in your computer?
    Removable will be any external card(s).
    Tap removable and you should see your sd card, tap to open it...'paste' will now be available at the top menu.
    Tap it and your files will copy on over.

^^
    Hope that isn't confusing, let me know if so and I'll try to clarify.
    urlee likes this.
    TF 201 w/dock (4.1.1)
    The Master Help Guide

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    466 times
    I am a very simple gal. So if you are intersested in a simpler method, I may be able to help. First, have a microSD card, or regular SD card already in the tablet. open up Polaris, click the icon that looks like a SD card (local storage). the top left corner will say my folders, scroll down to the folder you want, pics from camera are in DCIM, supernotes in supernote folder, etc... find the file(s) you want to move and put a check mark in the box beside the file, on the top left you will now see a move option, pick that. click where it says My Folders and it will bring up your SD card(s), select where you want to move the file and click select... Voila. If you have the removble card in the tablet when saving a document in Polaris, you do get the option to save to the card, but with pictures (using the stock camera app) there is not this option, they have to be moved after.

it is the same process that eejit has explained above, just a little more frenzied poof.
    urlee likes this.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    1039 times
    Here's a screenshot of the File Manager on my TF101, with an SD card in the dock. You can see what eejit is describing. In this case I can press on the "DCIM" folder to see picture files stored on the card. I can select files and perform functions on them by long-pressing on them, as described.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    45 times
    OH WOW!
    ALL THREE of you gave such SUPERB instructions in a way I can understand. I got tears in my eyes when reading each cause they are so (words can't describe how wonderful) the kind I needed to be able to follow easily.
    Out of 10 you all rated 11+. Bless you for your taking the time to explain all this to me like you did.

I was trying so hard to get my "experiments" onto the Micro card yesterday, that I am familiar with some of places mentioned here for me to know a little of what you's are telling me to know where to go. I remember seeing the shortcut icons at the bottom of the terrific screen shot of Swipe's but didn't know what part they played? THANK you sooooo much for the graphic and educating me on them.

I shall give it a try again and see what happens and can't thank each of you enough.
    I am falling in love with that machine from learning how to do certain things on it so far.

Hugs,
    Urlee
    eejit and frenziedfemale like this.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v94/urlee/acea6e3d.gif

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    45 times

Update

OK here goes-----I am great for not being able to explain things so good luck!

The day before I got these replies, I was fooling around so much with trying to get something to go on to my SD card, I may have made files that don't make sense? AND where did most of them go? I even did a backup up of SuperNotes (don't ask me why) which I think shows up on the left side of the screen under SuperNotes File? I think it said SuperNotes Backup? Did I do that?

eejit----When I open File Manager, the list on the Right, (Documents folder?) does not have anything I made in SuperNotes. Just the Polaris ones. It has a black & white folder titled SuperNotes. When I opened it, 3 folders> 1.snb 2.snb & 3.snb appeared. What the heck are they? When I tapped on each, a notice popped up saying Open file failed.

frenzied----I opened Polaris, tapped on the SD icon, Yellow folders appeared on both sides of the screen. Under My Folders, (Left side) I scrolled down and Tapped on SuperNote. Then the yellow folders on the right hand side showed the top folder with a green arrow on it. Then I had 5 other folders below it labeled 100, 7, 8, 9, and attach! I discovered the one labeled attach was the recording I placed on my SuperNote experiment. I did manage to "Move" that on to the SD card like you gave instructions to do so. Then it disappeared from that list (where I got it from) when I reopened it.
    Those folders (if I remember correctly) were all grayed out with a question mark on them. When I clicked on the numbered ones, a whole list of queer files showed up with dates of them????? Are those results of my "screwing around" the day before, not knowing what the heck I was doing? Does this call for a reset? I wish I knew If the two files under SuperNote was of my doings and if I could delete them. Do any of you have more SuperNote files under just the plain SuperNote file in My Folders?

I better stop before I confuse you as much as I am.

I warned you all in my first post, "Give me a Tablet and I could be dangerous"!

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    1048 times
    Quote Originally Posted by urlee View Post
    OK here goes-----I am great for not being able to explain things so good luck!

The day before I got these replies, I was fooling around so much with trying to get something to go on to my SD card, I may have made files that don't make sense? AND where did most of them go? I even did a backup up of SuperNotes (don't ask me why) which I think shows up on the left side of the screen under SuperNotes File? I think it said SuperNotes Backup? Did I do that?

eejit----When I open File Manager, the list on the Right, (Documents folder?) does not have anything I made in SuperNotes. Just the Polaris ones. It has a black & white folder titled SuperNotes. When I opened it, 3 folders> 1.snb 2.snb & 3.snb appeared. What the heck are they? When I tapped on each, a notice popped up saying Open file failed.
    Okay, sorry...I don't use SuperNotes so I'm not really familiar on how it works. But.. I just dragged it out to my screen and opened it up, so I'll try and give you a few pointers.
    SuperNote doesn't really let you 'save as', and then put it in a place. (ie. save in your documents folder) Apps are fishy that way, not like windows where the program may differ, but the Menu options are pretty much laid out the same way. Different apps do things different ways. So SuperNote just saves your stuff for you. The .snb file you referred to? That's the backup file that you did. Probably short for supernotebackup--> .snb (or at least that's my guess) Allright, so if you open SuperNotes up and click the three wee lines in the top right corner, you get the options for Settings/Backup. I'm guessing you hit Backup...and that's cool, you can back your notes up that way. You just hit that backup option...and then you'll get a box prompting you that it's going to save a file in storage/sdcard/supernotebackup....and it will have a number. ie 2.snb/6.snb... That is the backup file, and it will put it in sdcard/supernotebackup. The reason you can't open it when you tap it is that it has to be restored from inside the app. (I just tapped my .snb, file load failed as well....but if you open up SuperNotes and hit those three wee lines/top right again? You now have the 'restore' option. You can click that and it will open the .snb file for you. Keep in mind that you want this backup (primarily) when you update your tablet, you can put the backup on micro sd....then update/wipe your device....and then after the update, you bring that file back with the 'restore' feature...boom, your uncle is bob and your stuff is back.

Soooo, if you do that and then close down SuperNotes, you can use the File Manager trick I mentioned to track that .snb file down and send it to your sd card.
    Instead of 'Documents'....it will be in the supernotebackup folder. (once again, not in documents cause you couldn't 'save as', right? right)
    So you just open the File Manager, you'll see the list on the right hand side...scroll down past Documents....keep going, you'll see other folders and then you'll come to SuperNotes and below that SuperNotes backup.
    Tap to open the SuperNotes backup folder, you'll see your .snb files inside!! Put a tick in the box beside the snb you want to send to your micro card. (probably the highest number, you can delete the earlier backups) --deleting is done the same way, put a tick in the box and hit 'delete' at top.
    So tick the one you want to move--copy appears at the top, tap it--tap the wee blue folder icon twice, middle leftish--and you'll see your removable storage. Tap to open up, and Paste will be at the top. Paste away.
    You've just backed up SuperNotes.

I misled you a bit with the documents...but I was thinking a word file would be kept there, some apps like to tuck them in their own folder....it's just a matter of tracking them down.

**added with edit...sorry, should've mentioned that I've never used Polaris. (I have Polaris disabled on my tablet actually.) I wasn't ignoring that part of your question, just didn't want to further confuse you. And don't be so hard on yourself, you're doing fine for just jumping into the pool.
    Last edited by eejit; 02-28-2013 at 05:36 PM.
    urlee likes this.
    TF 201 w/dock (4.1.1)
    The Master Help Guide

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    45 times

eejit

You never have to apologize to me because you do and did well and that it never hurts for me to explore a little even tho I took the wrong path? but came out to see light again.
    One thing tho, after I got done messing around with everything in trying to succeed in putting files on the Micro card, ------when I went to use SuperNote, all the Titles were replaced with numbers? I was devastated thinking I may resort to factory reset to see if that would bring back the titles? Then for some reason I did tap up in the right corner (lines) like you were mentioning above, and clicked on restore and a box popped up with 3 items which I clicked on the top one AND my titles showed up as was from factory. What the other two are and would do, I do not know as I let well enough alone for now.

Now, getting back to the snb's (knowing how I operate) had I deleted those, would I have "crippled" my Tablet?

THANK you so much for your helpful reply here! I am going to reread it very slowly to let it "sink in" before I experiment again.

This forum is amazing! I am so happy I found it.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    1048 times
    Nope, you wouldn't have crippled anything. I think I mentioned before that android is very forgiving? If not, I should have.
    In your actions to restore, you are doing & seeing what I described above.
    When you clicked the wee menu lines and then tapped restore you saw three files...snb backup files.
    You chose the top one. Cool. Probably the other two would have worked the same, they were just different backup files.
    Supernotes just numbers the backups...1.snb. 2.snb. 3.snb etc. So the top one that you picked was the first backup you did.
    The third one would've been the last backup you did...I think they might time/date stamp them at the right hand side...can't recall. So no worries, you can backup everytime you do something on your notes...Supernote will just keep piling them up in that supernotebackup folder we discussed earlier. Maybe keep 2 copies--or 2 of your most recent backups-and delete the rest. Just remember, the higher the number on the snb file - the most recent backup. Easy eh? You'll get it...and at the worst, you'll lose a bit of the work you've done in Supernotes....if you're just messing around now anyway--perfect for learning!
    urlee likes this.
    TF 201 w/dock (4.1.1)
    The Master Help Guide

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Ads