Thread: Wallpaper

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times

Wallpaper

My wallpaper, chosen from those supplied on the tablet out of the box, will not cover my entire screen. In landscape, the wallpaper does not stretch far enough to the right to back the My Apps dots in the upper right hand corner. Anything I can do about this?

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    1006 times
    A stock wallpaper doesn't cover the screen? That's odd. I'd try a cold boot.
    Dock tablet (if you have a dock), unplug and turn off. Turn on by holding down both Power & Volume Down buttons,
    keep holding till you see 4 icons...release. Machine will cold boot. If your walls aren't covered then, I'm not sure what to suggest.
    Stock wallpaper is...well, stock! Should cover the room, er, walls. Let us know how it works out.
    TF 201 w/dock (4.1.1)
    The Master Help Guide

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    3 times
    I have a different wall paper problem. I'm trying to change it to some pictures that I took, and emailed and saved on my gallery folder on the Infinity. When I tried to do that, the picture I want will appear with a center part surrounded by 4 dots, asking me to enlarge it, but I can only enlarge partially and not to the whole picutre. I hit "OK", and the system spins telling me it is changing the wallpaper, and then after about 10 seconds it stops, send me back to previous screen, and wallpaper is never changed. However, when I tried to change wallpaper using one of the stock ones, no problems at all. What am I not doing right?

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    479 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ncc1701d View Post
    I have a different wall paper problem. I'm trying to change it to some pictures that I took, and emailed and saved on my gallery folder on the Infinity. When I tried to do that, the picture I want will appear with a center part surrounded by 4 dots, asking me to enlarge it, but I can only enlarge partially and not to the whole picutre. I hit "OK", and the system spins telling me it is changing the wallpaper, and then after about 10 seconds it stops, send me back to previous screen, and wallpaper is never changed. However, when I tried to change wallpaper using one of the stock ones, no problems at all. What am I not doing right?
    Try this app...Wallpaper Wizardrii

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    9 times

Lightbulb

Check your image format

Check image size

Check image with a another app or program, see if errors in those programs

Try going to Google and getting some other pictures downloaded to your tablet, see if those will work as wallpaper.

Good luck! Let us know what happens.

Peace!

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    3 times
    Downloading other pics worked, as did the Wizardii app. Just having troubles getting the photo to end up looking good (parts on the sides cut off).

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    907 times
    Downloading other pics worked, as did the Wizardii app. Just having troubles getting the photo to end up looking good (parts on the sides cut off).

You could try Quickpic or Multipicture Live Wallpaper which should handle that problem. Multipicture lets you use a different picture for each of your home screens.

Rescue Squad
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    163 times

Re: Wallpaper

Quote Originally Posted by Swipe View Post
    You could try Quickpic or Multipicture Live Wallpaper which should handle that problem. Multipicture lets you use a different picture for each of your home screens.
    Quick pic is a great app, but didn't do any better for scaling wallpapers than the stock for me.
    MultiPicture Wallpaper did the trick, but I only use wallpaper with the best resolution for the TF700: 1900x1200.
    Try Asus MyFrame, one of the stock live wallpapers. It's meant to display a series of changing pictures, but you can select only one and set the transition to static. It does a great job of scaling in portrait and landscape.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD
    TF700 on CROMBi-KK (JB 4.4)
    TF701 on CROMi-X (JB 4.3)

LINKS:
    Transformer Guides: Tips and Tricks

Ads