Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times

HDMI Problems and Trying to get back to ICS

Hello all,

I have a TF700 and I used the HDMI port when I first got the device to "test" it and it worked no problem.
    Of course, you don't test it all the time do you?? Well I didn't and now after a few updates OTA to Jelly bean, it does not work.

I have tried two cables, a full size via an adapter (which worked on day one of my ownership) and a recently bought micro to full size which doesn't.
    So, I of course thought maybe a cable issue - tried original one - Now doesn't work!

Anyones else seen this - I think so, but no one has provided a fix (I don't think). I don't know whether I have a hardware issue or a software one.

I have tried to do numerous boots and tried also to downgrade back to original firmware ICS but failed.

Please anyone help before I have to resort to losing it while ASUS try to fix it or Future Shop send it back .......

Hope for some good news and perhaps a you tube of how to get back to ICS as I just cannot do it....

My device is stock and I do not want to root or whatever...

TRANSFORMER FORUMS LEGEND
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times

HDMI Problems and Trying to get back to ICS

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    Yes, maybe I was doing something wrong but I got into that mode but I get a Droid picture with him on his back with a red exclamation mark ??

Tried it a few times.
    Maybe an issue with SKU ?
    Not sure what to do to be honest

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi.... have you solved this problem?? I got the same, i already did factory reset, wipe data and downgrades to 4.1.1 and 4.0.3 but still nothing

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    27 times
    not technically a solution but as i have found a means to forget about the cable and in your case keep jb and not backtrack your software? i've been using chromecast for a couple of weeks now and can't imagine going back. for years i was why spend a lot when a five buck cable would do the trick. but things change and with it priced so low i gave it a shot and am so glad i did. you will not only get a better image on your big screen using the dongle but i haven't once in two weeks encountered a single freeze or buffering with netflix. my tablet is basically an over sized remote control with the vids streamed directly to the dongle bypassing the tablet's hardware and software. imho its just better and it was cheap enough that my genetic propensity to not spend money, not an issue. so if you could find a better way to stream vids, easy to use, thirty bucks, keep jb, stop fighting to fix a problem that would be rendered moot by the dongle, does it add up for you or not? in the end just as with myself its totally a personal call. i just thought it might be something else to consider being its not been out for long and unlike devices that do similar tasks this one isn't a clunky over sized, over priced add on.
    Funny, how just when you think life can't possibly get any worse it suddenly does. -Douglas Adams-

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    36 times
    I have a TF700 with the latest updates and have just bought a HDMI lead. Please would someone take me through the connection procedure, ie, whether to connect with power on /off connect first then power on, or simply connect when both the transformed and TV on, is there a right way to connect up or not.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by enduser2 View Post
    I have a TF700 with the latest updates and have just bought a HDMI lead. Please would someone take me through the connection procedure, ie, whether to connect with power on /off connect first then power on, or simply connect when both the transformed and TV on, is there a right way to connect up or not.
    I'm running stock with JB and it's two updates. I have the cable plugged in the TV almost permanently because I watch a lot of Netflix. I just plug it in the tablet any time. I then switch the TV imput to the appropriate setting (for me it's HDMI 3 for the front one.) Nothing special. No other setting to change on the tablet. I've only had one hiccup. I decided to plug in the charger while it was running netflix on TV and lost the sound and the playback was fast. I got out of netflix, restarted it and everything ran as normal.

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    80 times
    Just be very careful handling the device while the HDMI cable is connected and make SURE it is fully seated into the device's HDMI socket. If mine wiggles a little I loose the connection and have to re-insert it (might be the cable's connector in my case) ....but then I don't mind re-inserting some things
    Not Your Father's Stock TF700T - KatKiss Is ON!
    Thanks to timduru - droidbound - kevinthefixer!

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    36 times
    Have failed to make it work on the first attempt, HDMI1 is my cable connection, HDMI2 is my DVD connection and according to my Panasonic manual there should be an HDMI3 connection option but at the moment I cannot see it. I am going to check with my Panasonic Guru as I believe that it should 'auto detect' the HDMI3 as it did when I plugged in a USB stick, and that connection option appeared in the menu. Hay-ho, tech is fun.................. isn't it ?

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2825 times
    Basically, this should "just work" - but you may have to manually switch your Panasonic to the correct input. BTW your HDMI3 input may be on the side of your TV or under a front panel - they tend to be designed for ease of access for ancillary items.

1) with your tablet on, plug in the HDMI lead to the TV & then to the tablet
    2) turn your TV on & use the remote control to switch to HDMI3 (or whatever)
    3) whatever is showing on your tablet screen should be mirrored on your TV screen

It has worked like this for me on our tf101, Motorola Razr phone & Motorola Xoom2 ME tablet

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links