Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times

White, black or striped screen then self reboots

I am experiencing white, black or striped screens then the TF700 reboots. When the screen goes blank, there are no icons at the bottom. When the TF700 screen goes blank, it is for 15-20 seconds before it self reboots. It happens infrequently but is very irritating. Also, I noted in another post that they were seeing black lines appear momentarily and then disappear and I too am having this happen. My wife has a TF700 also and has had nothing like this. As far as I can remember, had unit since beginning of August, this started around the JB update, so I'm not sure it's a hardware problem. I did the FACTORY RESET and the blank screens and reboots stopped for a couple of weeks and now they're back.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Administrator
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    976 times
    Welcome to the Forum. If the Factory Reset did not help, I would contact Asus support.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    13 times

Re: White, black or striped screen then self reboots

I just experienced this issue. I have owned the Infinity for two weeks. Should I return it?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    202 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ljg600 View Post
    I just experienced this issue. I have owned the Infinity for two weeks. Should I return it?

You could try a Factory reset, but it sounds more like a hardware issue to me as I have not seen hundreds of reports of this issue since Jelly Bean, also since the OP's wife's tab is not having the same problem and I am assuming they are on the same firmware?, that also looks like hardware again.
    ASUS Transformer 16GB TAB B60, DOCK B60
    Build Number:- IML74K.WW_epad-9.2.1.27-20120615
    Mobile Dock Version:- EP101-0213

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    13 times

Re: White, black or striped screen then self reboots

Responding to my last post...returning it may be a bit extreme. The forced reboot seems to have "resolved" the issue. It may have resulted from an application conflict. I was playing audio at the time, which along with a lot of apps "open," may have contributed to instability. I was also running Facebook which is a memory and service hog.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    Maybe absence of the cases is due to the fact that not so many people bother to write?..
    Though complete absence of any issues with a parallel unit (the wife's one) is interesting.

Just in case/FYI -- below is a nice log of reboot events I've had with my pattern of occasional use of TF700 (1-2 hours per day, not quite every day) since I bought it.
    I do not have a good history "before JB" (I just bought the unit a few days prior to that upgrade).

Unfortunately, since the issue is not deterministically reproducible, it's hard to make a case in the service, they just see nothing and tell that "everything's OK". Neither do I, usually for a few days (I think a couple of weeks max) until the thing happens again.

And yes, I've had quite a few communications with various Asus support offices in different countries, resulting basically in nothing. I'd say that the responses of support people were not very coherent, and someone in fact said that they have very limited communications from Asus HQ, and do not have any reliable information on whether this is hardware- or software- related (hence incoherent responses). I thought that Asus was making a decent quality products, at least from the prev. experiences. I should have known better

So sorry, I would doubt that the reset would solve that. Or that it's caused by "apps incompatibility" -- how on Earth can a java VM application cause kernel-level hanging...
    Or such things are common for 4.* Androids, and really there are system/driver stability issues there? (my previous experiences were with 2.*, never seen such issues for _years_ of using my htc phones)?

Amazon.com: Dmitry U.'s review of ASUS TF700T-B1-GR 10.1-Inch Tablet (Gray)

22-Oct-12: Firmware OTA update (second one from original JB upgrade) (JRO03C.US_epad-10.4.4.18-20121012)
    24-Oct-12: #1 freeze (upon "recent tasks" button press)
    27-Oct-12: #2 freeze (upon flipping page in FB reader, after doing so for two hours). OK, resetting back to 1 star, where it should belong now (~alfa-testing).
    1-Nov-12: #3 freeze (upon task switch to Google Translate: white screen and subsequent reboot).
    5-Nov-12: #4 freeze (upon skype start: screen went blue and froze in that state: just blue, perhaps with one scanline black at top).
    6-Nov-12: Brought the device to the local authorized service center [...] according to ASUS support recommendation (quoting email of ASUS TSD "It''s not normal. And I can''t tell you it''s a hardware issue or a software issue. We need to have a check on that.").
    10-Nov-12: Service returned the tablet, with verdict "Firmware updated, tested, all OK". I see firmware upgraded to JRO03C.US_epad-10.4.4.20-20121026 indeed.
    OK, right after ~an hour of working with it, the screen went black (while in Google Play, after pressing on some application's screenshot there), and booted subsequently after a few seconds timeout...
    21-Nov-12 -- admittedly the longest problem-free run ended with new strange situation. After being charged for whole night, the device would not turn on: it did not respond to power button, occasionally the screen turned on, showing low battery warning, but usually went black in a couple of seconds. Managed to reboot it, after that worked normally (recognizing fully charged battery and turning on normally).
    23-Nov-12 #6 freeze, upon opening google maps (after selecting action, pressing "just once", screen went white and frozen)
    28-Nov-12 #7 freeze, while switching from Google Play to home desktop.
    2-Dec-12 #8 freeze, while opening QuickPic application (black screen, then I guess watchdog-triggered reboot)
    19-Dec-12 Firmware OTA update to 10.4.4.23-20121127
    19-Dec-12 #9 freeze, while scrolling PDF page in Polaris office: screen (white with black text) went uniform grey, with the familiar 1-scan line black near the top and froze. I think that's the first time when the event was not associated with the change of active application. Too bad, I hoped this update would fix the issue...
    20-Dec-12 #10 freeze, while browsing in the default internet browser
    22-Dec-12 #11 freeze -- device apparently switched off while switching to a different task in "recent apps" menu.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    7 times
    I too am having the blank screen reboot issues. When I first got the tablet back in July it ran really good with only the occasional hickup but now it seems like every week I see the tablet freeze up. Sometimes it will be a white screen, white with black lines or just a black screen. When I first did the update to JB I did a full factory reset and am currently considering doing it again to see if that helps.

BTW, I have 112 apps installed on my Infinity and the problems seem to happen after the tablet has been running for a while using lots of different apps. It also doesn't appear to happen when actually using an app or game, only when starting an app or switching to another one.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi all,
    Looking for some help, I have recently replaced (with new parts) the glass screen and battery on my Asus Transformer Pad Infinity tablet, the old glass was cracked and the old battery was dead. Now when I boot up the table I get a white screen with stripes on it, see picture. Any ideas on what would be causing this?

ASUS Transformer screen issue.JPG

Thanks,
    Keith

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    2 times
    That is showing there is a problem with the LCD.

Super Moderator & Spaminator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    255 times
    No. It's more likely that there's a connection issue.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links