Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Question Vibrator Motor Loose...to return or not to return.

Hey all, I recently upgraded my TF101 to an Infinity, and with all new things comes a slew of new problems. My first Infinity had a gap somewhere on it that managed to let a significant bit of dust in. As for my second Infinity, there's not much to complain about...except that the vibrator motor has come loose somehow, and now my tablet sounds like a dying animal when it vibrates. I am a fix-it-yourself kind of guy, but since this thing was quite expensive, I'd rather exchange it or let the pros fix it. And that is my question to you, should I return it and get yet another new one, or ship it off to Asus to let them fix it? Another possibility would be to exchange my Infinity for for something of similar value, such as a different Android tablet or a Surface RT.

Thanks in advance for the help!

-Sporkalypse
    ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity TF700T Amethyst Gray C70 | Stock Android 4.1 Jelly Bean

Transformer Forums Legend
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1818 times
    I wold exchange it. Loose hardware could cause some other problem inside and if you try to fix it and something goes wrong that you can't fix you would be in trouble for having opened it.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    51 times
    If you're in your exchange window I'd definitely recommend that route. Even if you're lucky enough that Asus' customer service issues an RMA while not claiming user induced damage, you'll still have to wait for the repair for probably 10-14 days. Personally unless you're completely hooked on concept of the transformer (keyboard dock) and wanted to stay with android and it is still within your exchange window...i'd almost wait for the Nexus10 and then decide whether to exchange for another infinity. Pros and cons to both when compared. the Nex10 will be more powerful under the hood, will have a higher resolution screen and will be stock android so updates will come quicker than any OEM device, but no microSD port, no optional expansion kit with full SD or USB or extended battery life as provided by the transformer keyboard, and Asus is quicker than anyone else it seems in getting OS updates out while still remaining fairly close to stock android.

Personally don't have a strong opinion on winRT or win8 on a tab. Can't see how even having access to a true MS office suite (which would be the only differentiating MS feature that truly piques my interest) matters on a 10" screen. Though complicated docs, spreadsheets, and ppts will be more familiar and more conveniently doable feature-wise (complex formulas, VBA, etc) the screen real estate is still an extreme limiter...at least for me.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I think I may exchange it, but I'm afraid of getting one even worse.

Thanks for the quick replies!
    ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity TF700T Amethyst Gray C70 | Stock Android 4.1 Jelly Bean

Transformer Forums Legend
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1818 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Sporkalypse View Post
    I think I may exchange it, but I'm afraid of getting one even worse.

Thanks for the quick replies!
    In my experience the chances of getting another dud is slim. I know quite a few people with TF700s and not a one so far has had any problems. (knock on wood)

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks so much for the help! Time to find an Office Depot to go to tomorrow...

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links