Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times

TF700 Boot Looping / Freezing in Boot Loader (experienced user)

Hi All,
    The tf700 isn't my first transformer tablet, I had a prime back during release and replaced it with the 700 after my friend broke the screen. I have plenty of experience with flashing the devices and putting on custom roms etc. My infinity has been on JB since the OTA update came (infinity is 100% stock). I use the device every day extensively and it is in the keyboard dock about 99% of the time.
    Today while checking my email the device randomly froze, went to a black screen, and then started up at the first asus logo (has happened before so I was not that surprised). After getting to the second splash screen with the silver asus logo I let it sit for about 15 minutes where I continued to get the loading animation. I decided to restart and go into the bootloader menu and thats where I noticed some issues.

Once in the bootloader it seems that Volume UP (to change between RCK, Data wipe etc..) is always recognized as Volume DOWN, meaning I cannot switch between any of the bootloader tasks. That leaves me the option of waiting 10 seconds for a cold-boot or starting the RCK. Unfortunately either task I decide to do freezes the screen on the bootloader. I know that the device is responding at first because of the highlight over RCK fading in and out, and then it freezes. Prior to the freeze the prompt always reads Signature Match when trying to cold-boot or start the RCK. Restarting the device again leaves me stuck on the first splash screen, and never progressing after that. I am somewhat concerned about possible corruption from this.

Currently I am letting the power drain all the way down while in the dock and will try charging it to see if that brings it out of this brickish state. In addition I also have a micro-sd in the device, as well as an SD card in the dock.
    Other than power draining I would really appreciate some advice, because of freezing in the bootloader I am unsure whether I would be able to perform any sort of modification to overwrite whatever has been corrupted.

Thanks in advance,
    Jon

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    Apparently there are problems with the recent JB 10.4.4.16 firmware update. When shutting down the device with WiFi activated and full disk encryption, the pad will not boot in JB afterwards. I upgraded from ICS with WiFi activated, so my encrypted tranny was immediately bricked when trying to boot into JB.

I fixed by upgrading to JB 10.4.4.18 (released oct 18) from microSD. The bootloader seems to have switched the volume UP and volume DOWN buttons, but I was able to navigate using volume DOWN.

Anyway, I un-bricked my device without wiping data, resetting, downgrading or decrypting - I simply updated. Check out Un-bricking encrypted Asus Transformer Infinity after Jelly Bean upgrade | Dirk's Blog.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links