Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

TF700 Jelly Bean - trouble connecting mouse/controller via bluetooth

Hi all,

When I got my Infinity I was able to use a Soniq bluetooth mouse with it. Playstation controller wouldn't work via bluetooth, but that was a known issue with ICS on the Infinity.

Not long before installing JB I noticed my tab wouldn't pick up the bluetooth mouse any more. This continued after updating to JB, and I was still unable to connect my playstation controller via bluetooth even though others have noticed this is now supported on Infinity JB. Since it wasn't picking up the mouse either I figured a factory restore would do the trick.

Well I've fully wiped and restored my Infinity to JB, tried connecting the bluetooth mouse, and still no connection - it doesn't even show up as detected. Tried connecting a more expensive Logitech bluetooth mouse, and after some effort it does detect, allows pairing and eventually connects. Tried connecting 2 different playstation controllers (using the technique of plugging in to usb via cable, having tablet pick it up as input device then disconnecting and using bluetooth), and after numerous attempts I've finally got one of the 2 connecting via bluetooth - the other one still goes unresponsive once you unplug the cable.

Bluetooth seems very flaky in general on my Infinity. All these mice/controllers work fine via bluetooth with a macbook, pc and playstation.

Is there something I'm missing here in connecting these, or another form of system reset I can try? Otherwise only thing I can think of is to send it in for warranty repair (which I really don't want to do).

Thanks for any advice

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Anyone?

At least can anyone here confirm if you're having similar problems, or if you're not and are able to consistently connect bluetooth mice and ps3 controllers?

Also any tips on other methods of factory reset that might fix this issue (I used the Setup --> factory restore method) would be appreciated.

Transformer Forums Legend
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1818 times
    I've fully wiped and restored my Infinity
    That statement could be a problem, or not. If when you set up after the factory reset you checked the box to sync with Google /and/or ASUS, if some app was causing a problem you may have put things back where they were. You may want to tray a hard reset at this point. I know you don't want to hear this but it has been known to tale several factory resets to clear out EVERYTHING from the system.

I can't answer about the controller but unless the mouse is having a problem it should be working without any issue, assuming something isn't getting in the way.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by leeshor View Post
    You may want to tray a hard reset at this point.
    Thanks for the reply leeshor, very helpful. How would I go about hard resetting? As mentioned I'm only familiar with the factory reset option offered in Settings. I don't mind resetting/restoring again, I've resisted reloading all my apps until I get some resolution on this.

Transformer Forums Legend
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1818 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Philthy82 View Post
    Thanks for the reply leeshor, very helpful. How would I go about hard resetting? As mentioned I'm only familiar with the factory reset option offered in Settings. I don't mind resetting/restoring again, I've resisted reloading all my apps until I get some resolution on this.
    The hard reset instructions are in a link in my signature below, along with lots of other tips and fixes.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links