Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times

Issues with the tf700

So I've had my tf700 tablet for a little under a week. It is the first tablet/ 'smart' electronic that I've owned, I've never owned an android before.
    I love the tablet itself, it's everything I could ask for in a handheld electronic, though I've noticed a few worrisome issues.

My main concern would be the screen, in two of the corners the glass part is popping up, and its kind of loose, and when I'd push down on it I would hear a little popping sound, and another concern I have (though I am not entirely sure about this) is the inside of the holes meant for the keyboard dock. The inside of the one on the right looks normal while the inside on the one on the left does not look anything like the right side hole. That metal rectangle that is near the left of the inside of the hole isn't there, but instead there's a crumpled mess of a metal. Is it supposed to look different than the other one?

There is also a small dent on the side of it that looks like someone sliced the side of the hole with a knife. I apologise for my poor explanation. I am really bad at explaining these sort of things. I am just worried that it might affect how whether or not the tablet will work with a dock (which I plan to eventually buy.)

I have until November 3 to return the tablet to Amazon, and exchange it for a new one. I've read that the loose screen is kinda common, so I don't know if I should exchange it, cause I might just get a screen even more loose than the one I have now. Would it be best if I returned it to Amazon and got a new one?

Thanks, sorry for the newb-ness.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    4 times

Re: Issues with the tf700

Quote Originally Posted by zukulik View Post
    So I've had my tf700 tablet for a little under a week. It is the first tablet/ 'smart' electronic that I've owned, I've never owned an android before.
    I love the tablet itself, it's everything I could ask for in a handheld electronic, though I've noticed a few worrisome issues.

My main concern would be the screen, in two of the corners the glass part is popping up, and its kind of loose, and when I'd push down on it I would hear a little popping sound, and another concern I have (though I am not entirely sure about this) is the inside of the holes meant for the keyboard dock. The inside of the one on the right looks normal while the inside on the one on the left does not look anything like the right side hole. That metal rectangle that is near the left of the inside of the hole isn't there, but instead there's a crumpled mess of a metal. Is it supposed to look different than the other one?

There is also a small dent on the side of it that looks like someone sliced the side of the hole with a knife. I apologise for my poor explanation. I am really bad at explaining these sort of things. I am just worried that it might affect how whether or not the tablet will work with a dock (which I plan to eventually buy.)

I have until November 3 to return the tablet to Amazon, and exchange it for a new one. I've read that the loose screen is kinda common, so I don't know if I should exchange it, cause I might just get a screen even more loose than the one I have now. Would it be best if I returned it to Amazon and got a new one?

Thanks, sorry for the newb-ness.
    My advice is that you should return it to Amazon.I think, that loose glas will crack under preasure of dock.At least, that is what other folks experience with loose glass on edges and dock..

SENT FROM ASUS INFINITY TABLET

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    43 times
    Hello & welcome to the forum... Your tablet should have reached you in pristine condition, From what you describe i would send it back for replacement...

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times

Re: Issues with the tf700

Not normal. Another example of poor QC from Asus. Ask for RMA.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

Ads