Thread: black lines appears in split second

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times

black lines appears in split second

Just updated ICS to JB and have been noticing recently a black line that oftentimes appear then disappears in half a second. The screen sometimes also flicker on certain apps.
    Anybody else experiencing this? Never noticed this on ICS before.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    909 times
    Some of those apps may not have been optimized for the Infinity's screen or Jelly Bean. After the update I understand it's recommended you do a Cold Boot , which may help to "nail down" the new OS. Procedure is in the Master Help Guide below.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by strayWOLF View Post
    Just updated ICS to JB and have been noticing recently a black line that oftentimes appear then disappears in half a second. The screen sometimes also flicker on certain apps.
    Anybody else experiencing this? Never noticed this on ICS before.
    Thank's. but I already did the cold boot since it's been suggested after doing the jb update. Mostly I see the black lines appearing while browsing sites. It just appears then disappears.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    I have the same issue. This is a new TF700, just got it on Monday and I upgraded to JB as soon as I got it booted.

I have this flickering issue with black lines that are flashing very fast for a split sec, then they are gone.

Also the notification area just stops working sometimes. Everything just works, but I can't open the right bottom menu and access notifications or settings or anything there. It's just unresponsive, but it comes back to life on its own a few minutes later.

I'm thinking that both problems might be related to an app that is incompatible with JB? Anybody else with these problems?
    Last edited by acme; 10-05-2012 at 09:39 PM.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times

Re: black lines appears in split second

I just did a factory reset... Let's see if it solves the problem. I'm not holding my breath though...

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    Well, I don't think the data wipe did anything to solve my problem. I'm pretty sure I've seen the flickering again. I wrote ASUS to have their opinion, although since their customer support is crappy (and I'm polite), I'm sure I won't get any help from them.

I need opinions here: how likely is it that it could be solved later on by a firmware update??

The question is: should I return it or not. Because returning it means that I'm out. This is my second TF700 in 2 months, there won't be a third one...

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    6 times

When you say "your out" they (asus) will not let you exchange for another? Or you had enough

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    I think I've had enough... I ordered from B&H, they have great customer service. But I don't know if they would agree to exchange it again. If I had purchased locally maybe I would be willing to try again, but with more than 2 weeks between shipping it back and receiving a new one, and not even knowing if this time it's going to be ok (after two possibly defective units, you have to agree that getting a third one with a similar or other problem is more than likely), I think I'm done. Or I ship it back, ask for a refund, and go buy a new one from Bestbuy. Then if it's crappy again, I don't know. Go back to Apple, and ask for forgiveness??? I'm kidding... almost.....

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times

I decided to try and go back to ICS... No black lines. At least, this confirms that it is software related. There are numerous threads on different forums about this issue with JB on our tabs. So, I won't be returning it... I hope Asus figures this one out and provides a fix with their next JB update. Until then, I will be sticking with ICS!

Last edited by acme; 10-07-2012 at 05:07 PM.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by acme View Post
    I decided to try and go back to ICS... No black lines. At least, this confirms that it is software related. There are numerous threads on different forums about this issue with JB on our tabs. So, I won't be returning it... I hope Asus figures this one out and provides a fix with their next JB update. Until then, I will be sticking with ICS!

My only gripe with the JB is the black lines and screen flickering. But everything else feels like ICS. Stock browser browsing crashes more often than when I was in ICS. Hope they update a fix for this. Aside from the screen bleed, flex issues and clicking screen, I still hope they fix the OS asap.

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Ads