Like Tree3Likes

Thread: black lines appears in split second

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    I am experiencing this issue also. I can't remember exactly when it started, but I bought my tablet on Aug 2nd and updated to JB within a day or two of its release. I also reported the issue so they can get an idea of the scope of the problem. Here is what I wrote:

I am experiencing the issue with black lines flickering across the screen since the Jelly Bean update. It is especially noticeable on a white background in apps such as Evernote, but happens across many apps. I have been told that others are reporting this issue as well. I am reporting it so that you may know how broad an issue is and respond accordingly.

Others are discussing this problem here:
    http://www.transformerforums.com/for...it-second.html

wpg
    Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    Hello all new to this forum. Was searching around and saw this issue with black lines.....i am having the same problem but with white lines flickering. I recorded it if anyone wants to check it out. It happens like others when browsing online.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    They asked me to data wipe, which I did, and it did not solve the problem. This is the response I got:
    If the problems still remain after wipe data,I suggest you to RMA it to have it repaired.

Would you mind sending your pad to RMA to have a comprehensive review and help you to fix these problems? If you do not mind, pls read the following contents carefully.
    "Hardware related issues, please fill-out the online form to request a RMA
    Click on the ASUS RMA Online Submittal form link, and request an RMA.
    http://vip.asus.com/eservice/usa_rmaserv.aspx
    Please include your name, mailing address, telephone number, and the serial number of your product.
    You may also give us a call at 888-678-3688 (24/7 support) we would gladly assist in gettng you setup with an RMA.
    Please have the serial number of your ASUS product handy when you call."

If you have any problems, please do not hesitate to contact us.
    Welcome to refer Troubleshooting & FAQ for ASUS products in ASUS website:
    ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support-
    Wish you a nice day!
    I hesitate to do this since it might be a software issue, but obviously I don't want to see it get worse or wait until the warranty expires. It does seem to be getting worse--not more frequent but the lines now appear to be running the length of the tablet and then angling down at 90 degrees to run the remaining width.

I have been able to reproduce this using the stock email app, and the Black Hole live wallpaper (that one causes the lines almost immediately). I have also been able to reproduce this in Evernote and the Dolphin browser. So, other than the Black Hole it seems to happen mostly on apps where the screen is mostly white.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kwill View Post
    I have been able to reproduce this using the Black Hole live wallpaper (that one causes the lines almost immediately). I have also been able to reproduce this in Evernote and the Dolphin browser. So, other than the Black Hole it seems to happen mostly on apps where the screen is mostly white.
    I was noticing this random lines on my tablet and tried the Black Hole wallpaper and I was able to replicate it. Most be some issue with the graphics HW or SW

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    I contacted a different person at Asus (the one that works with customers who leave negative feedback on Newegg.com) and after a brief exchange, he agreed that I really should RMA the tablet. So, I'm going to give them a chance to fix it.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    I had the exact same flickering line problem since the JB update. My T700 is only two weeks old, so it really annoyed me.
    Like a user here on the forum said, the problem is reproducable with the Black Hole Live Wallpaper. Another one said that a downgrade back to ICS solved the problem for him, so I downgraded back to ICS and voilą, no flickering lines so far (at least not caused by the Black Hole Wallpaper, I stared like a maniac for 3 minutes on my tablet and no flickering lines appeared ). Maybe some of you might find this information useful, so there you go
    I think I am observing the forums from now on and wait for a fix. Until then, I won't go back to JB.

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    77 times
    I just installed Words With Friends and I'm seeing a black flicker, quite often, down the left side of the play area. This is a vertical line from top to bottom....but it may be a bug in the app or just the way it refreshes.
    Stock TF700T Infinity w/JB Because it will not unlock!
    Rooted
    Fixed Asus With A Samsung!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerolex View Post
    I had the exact same flickering line problem since the JB update. My T700 is only two weeks old, so it really annoyed me.
    Like a user here on the forum said, the problem is reproducable with the Black Hole Live Wallpaper. Another one said that a downgrade back to ICS solved the problem for him, so I downgraded back to ICS and voilą, no flickering lines so far (at least not caused by the Black Hole Wallpaper, I stared like a maniac for 3 minutes on my tablet and no flickering lines appeared ). Maybe some of you might find this information useful, so there you go
    I think I am observing the forums from now on and wait for a fix. Until then, I won't go back to JB.
    Yeah. So it has to be a software issue. Well, I'm taking one for the team and sending mine back (they were kind enough to provide a pre-paid Fedex RMA return label at least). With it, hopefully they can identify the software issue and release a fix for everyone. It's a shame for something like this to blemish an otherwise outstanding device.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times

Re: black lines appears in split second

Quote Originally Posted by Nerolex View Post
    I confirmed earlier in this thread that the problem isn't present in ICS after a downgrade. So it is software... They just need to figure out what's wrong and I'm thinking graphics driver, but I could be wrong...

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

Roey2000

Re: black lines appears in split second

Quote Originally Posted by acme View Post
    I confirmed earlier in this thread that the problem isn't present in ICS after a downgrade. So it is software... They just need to figure out what's wrong and I'm thinking graphics driver, but I could be wrong...

i have said once i have these black line that come in split seconds, i have noticed when u put the Asus task manager widget on the desktop and trz to resize it then it shows a load of lines all over the screen and down the sides........

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Ads