Like Tree3Likes

Thread: black lines appears in split second

Bumblebee
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    495 times
    Hey guys, I've been too busy to horse around. Just got less busy. Can someone tell me how to definitively replicate the black lines problem that everyone is talking about? I'm on the latest firmware and have never noticed any black line.
    URL Removed by Jeffrey

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    76 times
    Quote Originally Posted by goodintentions View Post
    Hey guys, I've been too busy to horse around. Just got less busy. Can someone tell me how to definitively replicate the black lines problem that everyone is talking about? I'm on the latest firmware and have never noticed any black line.
    When I select Blackhole live wallpaper, you do not have to install it, while I watch the preview for it within a few seconds about 1/3 from the top of the screen right above the center where the brightest spot is.

Settings>Display>Wallpaper>Live Wallpapers>Black Hole Do not tap Set Wallpaper unless you want to. If you increase IPS brightness to about half way it will be more evident.
    Last edited by flhthemi; 01-19-2013 at 09:49 AM.
    Stock TF700T Infinity w/JB Because it will not unlock!
    Rooted with Kingo Android Root
    Apex Launcher Pro

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    Ok, on my 4th tablet, props to best buy for their return policy. First 2 were because I could depress around the frame of the tablet. The third was due to the black lines. I wiped it, and tried from scratch before swapping it out (and before reading this thread). Got the new one, previewed black hole, and bam! same old black lines. I must say for as many complaints as I see on this there should be some statement from asus on a fix. The price of the tablet is still too high to let this go unresolved. I've seen the post on disabling overlays, but might thought is for $449 I shouldn't have to tweak this thing to make it work properly. Also, I got the black lines out of the box with no old apps running so I don't think it has to do with conflicting apps, seems to be completely software related.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    4 times

Re: black lines appears in split second

Quote Originally Posted by buttsUSMC View Post
    Ok, on my 4th tablet, props to best buy for their return policy. First 2 were because I could depress around the frame of the tablet. The third was due to the black lines. I wiped it, and tried from scratch before swapping it out (and before reading this thread). Got the new one, previewed black hole, and bam! same old black lines. I must say for as many complaints as I see on this there should be some statement from asus on a fix. The price of the tablet is still too high to let this go unresolved. I've seen the post on disabling overlays, but might thought is for $449 I shouldn't have to tweak this thing to make it work properly. Also, I got the black lines out of the box with no old apps running so I don't think it has to do with conflicting apps, seems to be completely software related.
    It is jelly beans related, becuz since JB a lot of people have this problem...... I was also referring from other forums..... And me twice....

And the only reason I say it is because since myself... Updating to JB its happening..... I'm also not complaining cuz since the last f/w update my tf700t is smoother except the lines... :-)

Benhur ))
    Last edited by Benhur; 02-05-2013 at 08:22 AM.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    1039 times
    There are 18 members out of more than 50,000 reporting flickering lines in this thread. That is a very small number. I'm not sure if I counted you twice Benhur.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    466 times
    I think someone spiked your water bowl my fellow 4 footer! You don't want these lines! I am pretty sure it is some kind of subliminal messaging. Everytime they appear I start craving potato chips.
    Swipe likes this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times

Step-by-step for downgrading from 4.1 to 4.0 ICS?

I have the flicker issue on my not quite month old T700 running 4.1 (for me, disabling HW did NOT work). I could not locate instructions on downgrading to 4.0. Anyone know where I could find such instructions? I love the T700 and don't want to return it, and I do NOT want an iPad instead.
    Thanks folks, help is much appreciated!

Rescue Squad
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    253 times

Quote Originally Posted by lawyer4speed View Post
    I have the flicker issue on my not quite month old T700 running 4.1 (for me, disabling HW did NOT work). I could not locate instructions on downgrading to 4.0. Anyone know where I could find such instructions? I love the T700 and don't want to return it, and I do NOT want an iPad instead.
    Thanks folks, help is much appreciated!
    Instructions for downgrading you can find here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1833212

But I doubt, that it will help with the flashing black line. I have searched high and low and the experts seem to agree that it is probably the NVIDIA driver and there seems to be no fix for it.
    If you find out otherwise, do let me know please!

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD
    TF700 on CROMBi-KK (JB 4.4) TF701 on CROMi-X 7.x (JB 4.4.2) HTC M8 on CleanROM 1.x (JB 4.4)

LINKS:
    Transformer Guides: Tips and Tricks

Rescue Squad
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    253 times

They are easy to notice if you try the stock Black Hole live wallpaper.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD
    TF700 on CROMBi-KK (JB 4.4) TF701 on CROMi-X 7.x (JB 4.4.2) HTC M8 on CleanROM 1.x (JB 4.4)

LINKS:
    Transformer Guides: Tips and Tricks

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    I've been having a similar problem, although mine started with ICS and happens very frequently. My first TF700 started developing this problem, as well as freezing on a black screen with the back light on and heating up to unbearable temperatures. I returned this Transformer and the next one I got had the same problem. I sent my tablet off to ASUS for repairs and they sent back what appears to be a refurb. I've had it back for 2 days and before I had the chance to install anything more than Skype, the exact same problem started. I've had this problem in ICS, JB, before and after factory resets, and after trying to remove large or graphics intensive programs.

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Ads