Thread: Infinity not charging beyond 85%

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times

Infinity not charging beyond 85%

I have an Infinity that is about 45 days old. Very recently, the Infinity will not charge beyond 85%. The Infinity will stop charging at 85% even after unplugging and plugging back in using the OEM wall charger. What makes matters worse, the Infinity will automatically shut down at 40% as if the battery is completely depleted. This leaves about 45% of useful battery. Typically I get about 2-3 hours of surfing the internet with brightness at ~30% before it shuts down. I suspect there is an issue with the software that performs the battery estimation. However, I still cannot explain the very poor battery performance. Maybe the battery truly is bad? Any thoughts or similar experiences?

I did not have this issue prior to updating to the latest firmware. I am not sure if that is related in any way.

Thanks.

Bumblebee
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    467 times
    The battery control board seems to be bad. You need to RMA. Make sure you explai precisely what's wrong with it both over the phone and in a written statement ATTACHED to your transformer when you send it in. They will probably replace the battery+control board.
    URL Removed by Jeffrey

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    38 times
    Also make sure you take photo`s of your tf700 with date & time stamp, Others in the forum have sent in for repair & there device has been damaged in transit, Asus have accused the respective owners of the tf`s of causing the damage, You will have proof that your tf was undamaged when sent it for repair...
    starchief likes this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    471 times
    Welcome, mattp.

Before you send it in you may want to try a few cold boots.

It can't hurt and it solves a lot problems.

"Cold Boot (aka Hard Reset)
    Unplug the power cord and shut the unit off. Press and hold the VOL DOWN and then POWER button at the same time for at least 10-12 seconds until after the start-up screen appears and is joined by some small print at the top of the screen then let them both go. If the TF booted the way it always does, you have not accomplished the task,try again until you have seen the 2 icons in the screen.

After a few seconds you should see a couple of shapes in the middle of the screen called "Wipe Data" and "Android". The right "Android" will have a green highlight fading in and out. Wait a few more seconds until the term "Cold Booting Linux" appears in the list near the top of the screens and let it reboot. If you own a keyboard dock be sure you do this with the dock connected.

This applies to all TF models, however, if your Prime is locked up, there is a reset available using the hole just below the SD Card slot, this is NOT the same as a hard reset."

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Mine has started to do this as well. Yesterday morning it wouldn't charge past 97% then after updating it to JB it charged fine and now this morning again it won't charge past 98%.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links