Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25
  1. #1
    Soundwave
    Member #
    45662
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Tablet
    TF700
    Posts
    1
    Liked
    0 times

    No signal at all on HDMI out (TF700)

    Hi:

    I've just tried connecting my tablet to my tv via micro hdmi to hdmi cable. Didn't work- doesn't sense that hdmi is connected on both tv and tablet.

    Tried different cables and a different monitor: same result... Applied latest asus update as of today.

    When I connect to hdmi out i don't get an hdmi option under settings...

    I'm kind of lost- any ideas what's going on?

    Thank you.



  2. #2
    Soundwave
    Member #
    46015
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Tablet
    TF700
    Posts
    3
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Blader80 View Post
    Hi:

    I've just tried connecting my tablet to my tv via micro hdmi to hdmi cable. Didn't work- doesn't sense that hdmi is connected on both tv and tablet.

    Tried different cables and a different monitor: same result... Applied latest asus update as of today.

    When I connect to hdmi out i don't get an hdmi option under settings...

    I'm kind of lost- any ideas what's going on?

    Thank you.
    Sounds like I am having exactly the same problem. Samsung LED TV with 4 HDMI ports doesn't detect the Infinity when it is connected, while my son's laptop does connect flawlessly via HDMI. I spent over an hour with Asus tech support ... no help. TF700T user's manual has no discussion of the micro-HDMI connection or setup. I really hoped to use the connection for presentations and personal photos, so this is an important disappointment.

    Has anyone successfully used the micro-HDMI port to a TV? Any other failures to perform? Solutions?

  3. #3
    Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    1793
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Vancouver Canada
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Posts
    5,222
    Liked
    1060 times
    I think the HDMI cable has to be HDMI 1.4 compliant.

  4. #4
    Soundwave
    Member #
    46015
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Tablet
    TF700
    Posts
    3
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Swipe View Post
    I think the HDMI cable has to be HDMI 1.4 compliant.
    My cable was new and HDMI v1.4 compliant. Also have tested it with other devices to ensure it was not the problem. I have heard that the TF700T probably does not support the ethernet function on 1.4 anyway, so maybe we don't even need v1.4.

  5. #5
    Soundwave
    Member #
    43522
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Tablet
    TF700
    Posts
    6
    Liked
    0 times
    Mine was kinda working in the beginning. But now I don't get any signal. The cable is/was very loose in the connector.

  6. #6
    Starscream
    Member #
    42104
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Posts
    473
    Liked
    43 times
    If you have just updated to jellybean do a factory reset, This clears any remnanats of ICS in the system, Goto settings> backup & reset & follow the promps...

    Be aware this will erase all apps & settings but may help with your problem...

    & Welcome to the forum...

  7. #7
    Soundwave
    Member #
    46015
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Tablet
    TF700
    Posts
    3
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattblue View Post
    If you have just updated to jellybean do a factory reset, This clears any remnanats of ICS in the system, Goto settings> backup & reset & follow the promps...

    Be aware this will erase all apps & settings but may help with your problem...

    & Welcome to the forum...

    Thank you all for the suggestions and ideas. Alas, I have indeed upgraded to JB, and I've already tried the factory reset strategy. Even before reloading the apps, I tried connecting with the micro-HDMI, and nothing had changed. I never had the chance to try connecting while I still had ICS so I can't say if the upgrade is related to the problem.

  8. #8
    Soundwave
    Member #
    46147
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Tablet
    TF201
    Posts
    4
    Liked
    0 times
    I have a TF201 but believe JB may be the issue. My HDMI worked great in ICS to include the day before my JB update. The day following the update my HDMI will now only display video with no audio..... I have also done the resets with no improvement.

  9. #9
    Soundwave
    Member #
    46440
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Tablet
    TF700
    Posts
    2
    Liked
    0 times

    Angry JB update for TF700 breaks many things!

    Quote Originally Posted by FroggerCP View Post
    I have a TF201 but believe JB may be the issue. My HDMI worked great in ICS to include the day before my JB update. The day following the update my HDMI will now only display video with no audio..... I have also done the resets with no improvement.
    I'm having the same problems with my TF700 now I moved to JB too. HDMI worked perfect, with no intervention, under ICS but not now!

    Also - don't try encrypting your tablet under JB, it'll stop booting. I took the upgrade to JB, seemed to work fine, but then rebooted and after entering the HW pin/password, it gets stuck at the ASUS spinning wheel thing. Had to do a "wipe all data". I then re-encrypted again (thought it might have been due to the upgrade), but it bombed the same again when rebooting. I contacted ASUS tech support and they said they've escalated it to the "appropriate team" and encryption should be fixed in the next release.

  10. #10
    Soundwave
    Member #
    2328
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Isle of Man, UK
    Tablet
    TF Book T200
    Posts
    21
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by HieronymousFox View Post
    Sounds like I am having exactly the same problem. Samsung LED TV with 4 HDMI ports doesn't detect the Infinity when it is connected, while my son's laptop does connect flawlessly via HDMI. I spent over an hour with Asus tech support ... no help. TF700T user's manual has no discussion of the micro-HDMI connection or setup. I really hoped to use the connection for presentations and personal photos, so this is an important disappointment.

    Has anyone successfully used the micro-HDMI port to a TV? Any other failures to perform? Solutions?
    I tried for the first time conecting my tf700 to my Samsung tv at home and it worked first time ok.
    I then tried conecting to a tv at work and it did'nt work so I then conected another hdmi cable using a joiner/adapter to the original hdmi cable and conected it to the tv and hey presto it now works.

    Alan

 

 
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. no signal when connecting to LG tv via hdmi
    By sloan in forum Asus Transformer (TF101) Help
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-31-2012, 01:57 PM
  2. WiFi Signal Strength
    By pepage in forum Transformer Prime Help
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-23-2012, 12:42 PM
  3. GPS signal with wifi off
    By mardukeme in forum Transformer Prime General Discussions
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-15-2012, 07:21 PM
  4. weak wifi signal
    By jehrico76 in forum Asus Transformer (TF101) Help
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 12-12-2011, 12:16 PM
  5. Need help for WiFi weak signal
    By summerhillie in forum Asus Transformer (TF101) General Discussions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-26-2011, 06:56 AM

Search tags for this page

asus tf700t hdmi problems

,

asus transformer pad infinity hdmi out stopped working

,

connect asus tablet to tv hdmi

,

connect asus transformer to tv hdmi

,
hdmi 1.4 cable
,

hdmi driver tf700t

,

how to connect asus transformer to tv with hdmi

,

no signal when tablet connect to tv

,

tablet to tv hdmi no signal

,

tf700 hdmi not working

,

tf700t hdmi out

,

tf700t video out

Click on a term to search for related topics.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:09 PM.