Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times

HDMI Output to TV Cropping Issues

Hi Everyone!

I've had my Infinity since it was released (got it for med school, which was a GREAT choice BTW), but I've only recently started trying to use it to watch movies on my 1080p tv. The biggest issue that I've been having is that the picture that gets output to the TV cuts off the very bottom of what I see on the tablet. On the main screen, the time on the bottom right gets cuts in half, as well as the "home" icons. Normally this wouldn't be a problem but since the shows that I've been trying to watch have subtitles, it IS a problem (since it cuts off half of it).

Is there a way to edit the output screen resolution or cropping or something?

Thanks guys!

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    38 times
    I have a tf300 & the same thing happens with hdmi output, When you connect the cable it will show in the notification area, open it tap on hdmi and set fit to screen. You may also have to change the aspect ratio on your HDTV...

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    Unfortunately, nothing happens when I press the HDMI button (the one that pops up when the cable is connected). There's an HDMI option under settings but all that gives me are some options for 3D stuff. :/

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyker View Post
    Hi Everyone!

I've had my Infinity since it was released (got it for med school, which was a GREAT choice BTW), but I've only recently started trying to use it to watch movies on my 1080p tv. The biggest issue that I've been having is that the picture that gets output to the TV cuts off the very bottom of what I see on the tablet. On the main screen, the time on the bottom right gets cuts in half, as well as the "home" icons. Normally this wouldn't be a problem but since the shows that I've been trying to watch have subtitles, it IS a problem (since it cuts off half of it).

Is there a way to edit the output screen resolution or cropping or something?

Thanks guys!
    The resolution of the infinity is 1920 x 1200 whilst your TV is 1920 x 1080. What's probably happening is that the infinity is dropping the last 120 lines of the display so that the display does not have to be re-scaled.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    10 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kermit4c View Post
    The resolution of the infinity is 1920 x 1200 whilst your TV is 1920 x 1080. What's probably happening is that the infinity is dropping the last 120 lines of the display so that the display does not have to be re-scaled.
    This is what should be happening, the bottom tool bar should not normally be displayed.

In the OP's situation the sub titles are not on the tool bar so the the problem is not with the infinity but the TV/monitor, it is scaling or croping the input signal.

Try different settings on the TV/monitor there should be one that does not adjust the picture as sent by the Infinity. My Samsung has at least 2 or 3 setting for a 'wide screen picture'.
    Infinity TF700 32GB Wifi only
    Xoom 32GB WiFi only
    Galaxy SIII 32GB Dual-core LTE
    ASUS R2Hv (one of the original UMPC's!)

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    I suddenly have the same problem. The lower bar was there but not the whole thing, but it was OK. Then when I tried to adjust it on my TV it "disappeared", I tried every setting multiple times but no success. Its gone and I'm not happy about it....

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Researching Tablets
    Liked
    0 times
    I also have the same problem.
    On my TV the screen seems to be vertically center. I only see half the lower bar and the same portion is missing on top.
    I was expecting the tablet to only output the upper 1080 pixels to the cable not the full 1200.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    I am having the exact same problem connecting my 700t tablet to my 720p TV. It's as if the image in zoomed in instead of scaled and it's really bugging me.

I went into the HDMI tab in the settings menu but the option for scaling or croping the screen (as seen in some YouTube videos) is gone. The only options I can find relate to 3D meanwhile I'm left with this un-usable feature.

Any help would be nice and please don't suggest to mess with my TV settings. I've done that already and the problem is with the output of the tablet not the processing of the image with my TV.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links