Thread: Converting BluRay to Infinity compatible file

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times

Converting BluRay to Infinity compatible file

Wondering how people are converting their bluray's to a video file compatible with the Infinity. I initially tried the Pavtube application but the picture quality was not very good at all, it would pixelate in high motion scenes that is just very annoying to me. I tried the built in profile and even built a couple from scratch and they all came out the same. Does anyone have any suggestions for what has worked for them. Got a trip coming up with a lot of plane time that I would like to take some videos with me.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    2 times
    DVDCatalyst. It's $10 and worth every penny. Have converted all my Marvel Blu-rays (Captain America, Thor, Iron Man,...) and they all look great.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    7 times
    are you converting from the actual blu ray disk? or from something you downloaded? if the latter, you dont need to convert it. just drop the file on your memory card, and play it with BS Player. If you are using the actual disk, then yes, go with DVD Catalyst, and choose one of the many Infinity presets.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    Yeah, I have the actual BluRay structure file on my server, so would be converting directly from the source file. I'll check it out tonight, looks to be similar to Pavtube interface, lets just hope the quality is better. Thanks for the feedback I'll let you know how it turns out.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    What profile or settings were being used to convert? I tried the transformer infinity HQXT 1080 profile and it wouldn't't play at all. I looked at all the infinity profiles and the TF700 profiles and noticed none of them had a 1920x1200 resolution. Which one has been working for other people or what do I need to tweak the settings to? Would prefer highest quality possible

dvdcatalyst
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCity View Post
    What profile or settings were being used to convert? I tried the transformer infinity HQXT 1080 profile and it wouldn't't play at all. I looked at all the infinity profiles and the TF700 profiles and noticed none of them had a 1920x1200 resolution. Which one has been working for other people or what do I need to tweak the settings to? Would prefer highest quality possible
    Blurays don't go higher in resolution than 1920x1080, so there is no actual video available at this time that would be the full resolution of the Infinity.

1080p sized video files are often larger than 4GB, so if you are using a memorycard, which has a limit of 4GB per file, you will run into complications. If you copy the video file directly to internal memory, it should play without complications.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    Good point on the resolutions I wasn't thinking about it in that regard. I've chosen a couple of different profiles on there and none of them will play on the infinity, just says file not supported. Am I missing another step after selecting the profile step or is the program just not converting properly? I'm using the trial version right now to check quality. So far it's not been good since I haven't even been able to play the file lol.

dvdcatalyst
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCity View Post
    Good point on the resolutions I wasn't thinking about it in that regard. I've chosen a couple of different profiles on there and none of them will play on the infinity, just says file not supported. Am I missing another step after selecting the profile step or is the program just not converting properly? I'm using the trial version right now to check quality. So far it's not been good since I haven't even been able to play the file lol.
    I'm not sure what would be causing the complications.

When you try and play the created video files on your computer, do they play?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    Nope I tried VLC media player and it just sits there doesn't do anything like the file is a fraction of a second or something. No picture no sound and no errors, just blank screen when I click the file. Trying it from scratch one more time, man i've converted files for many years to many devices and i've never had as much trouble getting a good quality video file on other devices like I have on my infinity.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    I'm selecting the largest sized file in the stream folder of the bluray structure folders selected the TF700 HQ2 profile, its running but I can get the exact profile I am trying now when its done. Selecting a folder and hitting go. I'm trying again now so when it's done I'll try it, if you have an suggestions on the best quality profile or need any other info let me know.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads