Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Researching
    Liked
    0 times

Asus TF700 or TF303K

Hi,

I was looking for a tablet with keyboard dock and nice resolution screen (at least FHD), so I ended up with these models. However, I have a hard time deciding between them.

On the TF700 side, pros are the additional battery in the dock and the good custom ROM support (KatKiss), on the TF303K, pro is the beefier HW (Snapdragon APQ8064 + 2GB RAM).

I was hoping someone could share their experience with them, which one is more usable nowadays.

Thanks in advance!

Imre

Developer & Repair Magician
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    335 times
    The main problem is that the 700 is just too old now. Batteries are losing capacity, switches corroding, stuff like that. On the other hand it has a very bright backlight making it practical to use outdoors in sunlight. I have no experience with the 303K, sorry. If you feel you need 2GB RAM the 701 is another option, still an Nvidia processor. IMHO the software and firmware are much more important than the brand of processor, I have a Snapdragon in a Samsung tablet and see no great advantage to it. Nor disadvantage either. As far as which might be more useable, you are the only one who can answer that as your needs will be different than someone else's. What do you plan to use it for?
    Master Help Guide--guide to help from the masters:
    http://www.transformerforums.com/for...elp-guide.html

T100 Master Help Guide:Caster's comprehensive guide to comprehending the T100
    http://www.transformerforums.com/for...elp-guide.html

TF100 FAQ--Frequently Asked Questions about the TF100:
    http://www.transformerforums.com/for...s-guides-tips/

What Got Me In to All This Trouble--Linux live CD with ADB & Fastboot:
    http://www.transformerforums.com/for...x-live-cd.html

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Researching
    Liked
    0 times
    Thank you for replying and for your valuable insight!
    You're right, I forgot to mention my use case. I want to have something at home for the family in case we need a bigger screen than the phone, so it's just general web surfing, videos, occasional editing of documents, no games at all. So by being more usable means "which one is less probable to drive my wife nuts ". So I'm not really hung up on SoC type, if the weaker HW with a nice custom ROM provides more fluid experience with less issues, I'm all over it.
    I would love the TF701, especially its screen, but it's very rare, barely can find 1-2 on eBay, if there are some, either they are in bad condition or very pricey (I'm on a tight budget here).
    Maybe the best solution will be to find one for a quick try and see if there's any difference.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    3 times
    Dumb solution, but have you considered a Moto phone with a projector mod for those sharable moments?

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links