Thread: Sync on/of switch?

Developer & Repair Magician
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    335 times
    Yup, still there in v10, and I missed it all this time. I had to go searching for the KAT app to get my GPS to behave and I thought that's what you were talking about. The older versions of Kat Android Toolbox don't work on Nougat, but the new version (2.4.2) Tim posted in the 300 section works on the 700. GPS back to normal. Unfortunately, it still doesn't make my 300's GPS work; I'm pretty sure its hardware is down. Sort of like I'm pretty sure I'm off topic.
    Master Help Guide--guide to help from the masters:
    http://www.transformerforums.com/for...elp-guide.html

T100 Master Help Guide:Caster's comprehensive guide to comprehending the T100
    http://www.transformerforums.com/for...elp-guide.html

TF100 FAQ--Frequently Asked Questions about the TF100:
    http://www.transformerforums.com/for...s-guides-tips/

What Got Me In to All This Trouble--Linux live CD with ADB & Fastboot:
    http://www.transformerforums.com/for...x-live-cd.html

Chief Customizer & Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    711 times
    Topic? What topic? We seem to be chatting among ourselves anyway...

Sent from my K00C using Tapatalk

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    1225 times
    Yes you are... Now you've got me doing it.

Hopefully the OP will let us know how things are going.
    stefanbillieri likes this.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    9 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Swipe View Post
    Yes you are... Now you've got me doing it.

Hopefully, the OP will let us know how things are going.
    Sorry, I was away for a bit and wasn't following the thread and after Swipe's first response, I never got any more emails notifications of an additional post as I had expected. To answer a couple of the queries, I'm on 5.1.1 and if I recall correctly the instructions stated to format with f2fs when I upgraded, but how/where could I check that?

Now for my report on Greenify: After installing, there were only a half dozen apps on the menu. Clicking 'More Apps' only refreshed the screen on the TF700. While I don't have a lot of apps installed, there had to be several times that many on the 'Downloaded" column. One of the first benefits I noticed immediately was that the screens changed in a much crisper fashion and there were fewer ribbon notifications about some apps "having problems...Wait/Close," yet some persisted such as for the Kindle reader, Chrome, and even some internals like UI, etc. Several days later I set the tablet down when reading Kindle and when I came back to it I couldn't turn in on by normal means. I had to do reboot switching to get it to TeamWin and after rebooting from there it went into a reboot loop until the tablet was physically hot and finally I shut it down with the TeamWin power off option. I then did a 'Wipe' and reinstalled a few apps, although a few of the old ones reappeared on their own. Right now I have Kindle, Chrome, Gmail, Google Play Svs, Google Play Store, Google Text-to-speech, Greenify, Speedtest, and YouTube on the downloaded apps column on the android settings window.

However, when I open Greenify, the Kindle, Text-to-speech, and Speedtest are the only ones to show on the 'hibernated' screen. When I tap the '+' key, a Chrome icon appears above a gray line with a notation "may slow down the device..." When I click 'Show more apps' only the Chrome icon appears below the gray line as well as above. When I go up and check the 'Show all' box these are the only two to reappear. On the right margin of both lines is a small icon with a blue cloud and some microscopic letters that I think include 'G' and 'M' is also visible.

Maybe Greenify is doing everything in the background automatically, but I was under the impression I had to go through the list of apps and select which to include. When I go to the 'Running apps' column on my tablet right now, there are these apps: Settings, Greenify, Google Play Svcs, Hangouts (which I never use), Google Play Music (which I've never used on this tablet, but do use it on my desktop), and Android keyboard (ASUS keyboard is not attached now.)

There's my long story, hope you guys can shed some insights for me.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    711 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dbuelke View Post
    Sorry, I was away for a bit and wasn't following the thread and after Swipe's first response, I never got any more emails notifications of an additional post as I had expected. To answer a couple of the queries, I'm on 5.1.1 and if I recall correctly the instructions stated to format with f2fs when I upgraded, but how/where could I check that?

Now for my report on Greenify: After installing, there were only a half dozen apps on the menu. Clicking 'More Apps' only refreshed the screen on the TF700. While I don't have a lot of apps installed, there had to be several times that many on the 'Downloaded" column. One of the first benefits I noticed immediately was that the screens changed in a much crisper fashion and there were fewer ribbon notifications about some apps "having problems...Wait/Close," yet some persisted such as for the Kindle reader, Chrome, and even some internals like UI, etc. Several days later I set the tablet down when reading Kindle and when I came back to it I couldn't turn in on by normal means. I had to do reboot switching to get it to TeamWin and after rebooting from there it went into a reboot loop until the tablet was physically hot and finally I shut it down with the TeamWin power off option. I then did a 'Wipe' and reinstalled a few apps, although a few of the old ones reappeared on their own. Right now I have Kindle, Chrome, Gmail, Google Play Svs, Google Play Store, Google Text-to-speech, Greenify, Speedtest, and YouTube on the downloaded apps column on the android settings window.

However, when I open Greenify, the Kindle, Text-to-speech, and Speedtest are the only ones to show on the 'hibernated' screen. When I tap the '+' key, a Chrome icon appears above a gray line with a notation "may slow down the device..." When I click 'Show more apps' only the Chrome icon appears below the gray line as well as above. When I go up and check the 'Show all' box these are the only two to reappear. On the right margin of both lines is a small icon with a blue cloud and some microscopic letters that I think include 'G' and 'M' is also visible.

Maybe Greenify is doing everything in the background automatically, but I was under the impression I had to go through the list of apps and select which to include. When I go to the 'Running apps' column on my tablet right now, there are these apps: Settings, Greenify, Google Play Svcs, Hangouts (which I never use), Google Play Music (which I've never used on this tablet, but do use it on my desktop), and Android keyboard (ASUS keyboard is not attached now.)

There's my long story, hope you guys can shed some insights for me.
    You are describing all the symptoms of someone who installed a completely different rom over an older one without formatting data first. You have old libraries stuck on /system, you have parts of old system apps still in /data/app I think - you gotta start from scratch. Your tablet is a mess and you cannot greenify this. I mean, you can, but it's not going to help.
    Answer this: Did you go into TWRP, to the Wipe menu, to Format Data, typed "yes" and then waited 1 hour plus for it to finish before you converted data to f2fs and installed KitKat?
    I would be very surprised if the answer was "yes"...
    But that is what you got to do. That process will wipe everything on your tablet except bootloader and recovery, so back up your data.
    So:
    • make sure your TWRP version is up to date
    • download a fresh copy of the rom you want to flash, the corresponding PICO gapps and SuperSU. check the md5 for both rom and gapps and load all three on a microSD
    • go into TWRP, format data (which will take 60 min or more), then convert it to f2fs
    • Flash rom, gapps and SuperSU in one session
    • Reboot, set up wifi and your Google account, then walk away for another hour and let the rom do the initial indexing before you start using it.
    • Do not restore anything from an older nandroid to this new installation. Get your apps from Play, copy data from a microSD or through the cloud

I am pretty sure your experience will be quite different. You can still use Greenify if you like to, but the tablet should be running without apps crashing and much much faster than what you got now without it already.

I have never used Greenify so I won't be much help there, but it sounds to me as if it does not have root. That's why Chrome is grayed out. It's probably installed as a system app and Greenify cannot touch it without root.
    If you have root working you should get a dialog from SuperSU asking you if you want to grant root to the app when you open Greenify for the first time. If you don't, you do not have root. Greenify still works but not on system apps.
    Last edited by droidbound; 12-16-2016 at 09:40 PM.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    1225 times
    The little blue cloud thingy is indicating a messaging service through Google. Probably a notification. If you do a Google search for "how to use Greenify" you'll find several articles about it as well as YouTube videos. Running Apps are where you'll find any that auto-start & some you can hibernate like Hangouts.

But be sure to follow droidbounds advice.
    Last edited by Swipe; 12-16-2016 at 11:42 PM.
    stefanbillieri likes this.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    9 times
    It's been about a year since I installed Lollipop 5.1.1 and I'm not positive of the exact steps I took, but I followed the TF700 guide for flashing new ROMs along w/ bits of tips from your guys (Oct 30,2015 posts) as exactingly as possible. To the best of my recollection, I followed the advice about doing the wipe, setting the format to f2fs, and my notes state that it took 2-1/2 hours to complete. Now, whether I may have stumbled on some of the steps is a possibility as I do not by any measure claim to have expertise in flashing ROMs. It sounds as if I want to make this TF700 perform better I will need to start over regardless; however, if I'm flashing a ROM again, is there a newer version that this device will handle

Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    711 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dbuelke View Post
    It's been about a year since I installed Lollipop 5.1.1 and I'm not positive of the exact steps I took, but I followed the TF700 guide for flashing new ROMs along w/ bits of tips from your guys (Oct 30,2015 posts) as exactingly as possible. To the best of my recollection, I followed the advice about doing the wipe, setting the format to f2fs, and my notes state that it took 2-1/2 hours to complete. Now, whether I may have stumbled on some of the steps is a possibility as I do not by any measure claim to have expertise in flashing ROMs. It sounds as if I want to make this TF700 perform better I will need to start over regardless; however, if I'm flashing a ROM again, is there a newer version that this device will handle
    Hell yes!
    [ROM][N 7.1.1] [ KatKiss - Nougatella #014 ] | Asus Transformer TF700
    Same instructions apply.
    If your TWRP version is 2.8.xx or later, you're fine. Otherwise update it to the latest before you flash the new rom

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links