Thread: Bricked Asus Transformer TF700T

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times

Bricked Asus Transformer TF700T

Hi everyone, first off would like to express my gratitude in advance for any help received.

I would explain the situation however can't be thorough as i would like to be because this TF700T is not mine.

I have received it from a friend who wants it fixed.

Current state of the device ,
    It is not turning on at all to bootloader.
    It is also not going into recovery mode and i had tried every single possibilities to do so with power button + Volume up Or power button + Volume down +Volume up OR pressing the reset button and then long press the volume down button and so many others.

While charging if i was to turn it on , all it does is to show the battery indicator on screen , and go off again.

My friend had tried to unlock the device and install a custom rom in it.

I am not sure how he did it or if he did it the correct way.
    As of now , i am not even sure if the device is unlocked or still on stock rom.

Would there be anything that i could do to revive this device or else it has to visit Asus for a motherboard replacement.

Thanks again !!

Chief Customizer & Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    711 times
    If it is not booting even into APX mode with Power and Vol Up there are 2 possibilities: the mainboard is dead or - and I think that is more likely - there is no juice!!!
    The battery is completely depleted and does not accept a charge.
    If you are not using an original Asus cable and power brick that's the first thing to suspect. Check what you got there.
    Even if you have the original charger, if the battery gets depleted too much, it can "lock up". Sometimes it helps to trickle charge it from a PC's USB port. You will not see any indicator for it charging, the voltage is just too low, but it still happens. Make sure your PC does not go into sleep mode and let it charge for at least 8 hours. Then try to boot it into the bootloader. Or boot it into anything for that matter and let us know if that made a difference.
    dumdum likes this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by droidbound View Post
    If it is not booting even into APX mode with Power and Vol Up there are 2 possibilities: the mainboard is dead or - and I think that is more likely - there is no juice!!!
    If you are not using an original Asus cable and power brick that's the first thing to suspect. Check what you got there.
    Even if you have the original charger, if the battery gets depleted too much, it can "lock up". Sometimes it helps to trickle charge it from a PC's USB port. You will not see any indicator for it charging, the voltage is just too low, but it still happens. Make sure your PC does not go into sleep mode and let it charge for at least 8 hours. Then try to boot it into the bootloader. Or boot it into anything for that matter and let us know if that made a difference.
    Hi droidbound,

I will do as you say and check what happens , will get back to you once it has been trickle charging for 8 hours straight.

Thanks !

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by droidbound View Post
    Hi there,

Trickle charge the device worked and it can be turned on now into APX mode ( i assume ). It still is in stock and doesnt have CWM or TWRP. I could see 3 options which is RCK , ANDROID , and Wipe Data.

I had clicked on Wipe Data however it says Booting recovery kernal image , Booting failed , unrecoverable bootloader error <0x00000000>.

Kindly advise if there is anything else i can do.

Thanks alot on the help in advance.

Developer & Repair Magician
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    335 times
    If you can boot into the bootloader screen with the 3 icons, it looks good. When you do so, does it say "device is unlocked" in the upper left corner? You might need a magnifying glass to read it. The error indicates a corrupt (or just plain wrong) recovery image, if it's unlocked then we can simply flash TWRP via fastboot, otherwise we'll need to fastboot flash the stock firmware complete and go from there.

It's also possible the bootloader is not up-to-date, please report back the version number, also on the same page with the 3 icons. Your friend may have managed to flash the right recovery to the obsolete bootloader, might give the same symptoms. If so IIRC there is a flashable file with the new bootloader and TWRP both.

In any case, put it back on the charger and fully charge it.
    dumdum likes this.
    Master Help Guide--guide to help from the masters:
    http://www.transformerforums.com/for...elp-guide.html

T100 Master Help Guide:Caster's comprehensive guide to comprehending the T100

TF100 FAQ--Frequently Asked Questions about the TF100:
    http://www.transformerforums.com/for...s-guides-tips/

What Got Me In to All This Trouble--Linux live CD with ADB & Fastboot:
    http://www.transformerforums.com/for...x-live-cd.html

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    Hey there. I am able to view the 3 options. However it doesnt say that the device is unlocked. On the top left corner , it says as following ; Android cardhu-user bootloader <1.00 e> released by "US_epad-10.6.1.14.10-20130801" A03

Starting Fastboot USB Download

Please advice the next step please ? How do i flash the stock firmware ?

Thanks guys !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times

Chief Customizer & Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    711 times
    First of all: Keep charging it! The last thing you want to happen is that it dies halfway through a flash! That could permanently brick it.
    While the tablet is on that screen connect it to your PC and check if the computer recognizes it (open Device Manager) to check.
    You need to setup fastboot on your PC. Read the Beginner's Guide to find out how. Link is in my signature

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk
    dumdum likes this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    Hey Droidbound, it is connected however my pc doesn't pick up anything. Is there any specific reason for it ?

Developer & Repair Magician
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    335 times
    What do you mean by "pc doesn't pick up anything"--that there is no Asus device, or no unknown device, in Device Manager? Either way, if you're using Windows it's almost sure to be a driver issue. As @DB said, read up on his Beginner's Guide, it's all covered there. Right now your goal is to get Fastboot working reliably. Since you're still locked, we'll need to fastboot flash the stock firmware, then unlock, then install TWRP recovery.
    Last edited by Kevinthefixer; 08-22-2016 at 07:41 PM.
    Master Help Guide--guide to help from the masters:

T100 Master Help Guide:Caster's comprehensive guide to comprehending the T100

TF100 FAQ--Frequently Asked Questions about the TF100:
    http://www.transformerforums.com/for...s-guides-tips/

What Got Me In to All This Trouble--Linux live CD with ADB & Fastboot:
    http://www.transformerforums.com/for...x-live-cd.html

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links