Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: 2 years of the TF700 - what do you think of it so far? - pros & cons thread

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1 times

2 years of the TF700 - what do you think of it so far? - pros & cons thread

I think that since it's been 2 years since this came out that we should have a new sticky thread for people to rate and give a general pros and cons of their devices.

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2825 times
    We only stick threads that are going to prove helpful over time, as a rule. But nonetheless, no reason why you shouldn't start such a thread on your 2 year experiences.

I've amended your thread title to help with that...

All the best

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    50 times
    I was happy with mine and never had any problems. I recently unlocked it, rooted, and installed CROMi-X. Soon after, I sold it on Ebay because I wasn't using it much. I have a new Nexus 7 that works better for what I need.

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    36 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JVK View Post
    I think that since it's been 2 years since this came out that we should have a new sticky thread for people to rate and give a general pros and cons of their devices.
    Interesting question this. My TF700 is also due to celibate it's second birthday next month. As I have said in the past elsewhere on this Forum, it became quite laggy and sluggish after about twelve months. But after removing the Bloatware [as suggested in this forum] things improved a lot. I have never used it for playing games, nor do I have a great many apps installed. It have never been 'messed about' with, no resets, cold or hot resets, or unlocking, etc.

Devices running on the Android system remind me of early conventional computers, a little fragile, and tempremental. You need to be patient and give them time to complete their tasks.

I have just gone back to correct this text, used the back key, which not only threw me out of the post but also completely out of the forum and back to the home page !!! [using the back key with this result has been addressed in this forum before, but I cannot remember what, in any the cure was] so I have gone to the Desktop to do this post !

So there we are, all in all, it is a good device, I like the keyboard, for ease of use, but also as it gives more battery life. I find that I am taking it with me more and more when I go out. I am happy that I got it.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JVK View Post
    Okay. For me I have mixed emotions. I do very little with it other than play a little chess, backgammon, gin rummy type games. It never had any volume to the sound even though I installed a booster. It doesn't boot up very fast. My wifes' Kindle Fire was a better buy. I mostly think it was a waste of money and am now getting a windows 8.1 2 in 1 and am installing bluestacks app player so I can play my few android based games on it.

Super Moderator & Spaminator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    244 times
    My 64GB TF700T is in constant use and has been since I bought it 1.5 years ago. Essential for what I do (work and travelling and combining both). Never had any problems with it. When that's said, my previous tablet, the TF201, served the same purpose well but didn't have enough internal storage (only 32GB), and microSD to help with that didn't work well (a design issue on the microSD slot on the TF201). The TF700T gives me higher capacity, plus sensitive wi-fi and a GPS which works without the dongle. Otherwise they're pretty similar for what I use my tablet for.

-Tor
    Last edited by Tor; 07-10-2014 at 03:33 AM.

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    80 times
    Asus TF700T = Not good but not a total loss. Call it adequate, but just barely.

Asus support = The worst - create an app for unlocking and then they do not support it when it does not unlock.
    Blame the end user for all their hardware problems. (Bad RAM, bad touch screens 2 biggest)
    No update to KitKat (which would solve a lot of problems and generate some customer loyalty and negate the need for ME to unlock, which I can not do)

Not worth whatever you paid for it new or used or refurbished.
    Not Your Father's Stock TF700T - KatKiss Is ON!
    Thanks to timduru - droidbound - kevinthefixer!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    So i only own a 64GB TF700 since March 2014 - but I had this battery braining problem when stuck in the dock. First I sent Asus the dock - they repaired. Then i sent the whole Tab+dock - they changed - now i sent all back awaiting my Money back.... Realy wonderful Screen - laggy tablet - sometimes after user change it needs 5 Minutes to respond to any input. nice battery running time - but only when not connected to the dock. No good buy - wasted money.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    24 times
    I have come to absolutely hate my TF700 64GB. This thing is so laggy it's ridiculous. Can't believe I spent almost $700 (Dec. of 2012) on this POS including the Square Trade warranty. WITHOUT KEYBOARD!

It literally takes between 30-45 seconds between each "screen tap" to process anything. Sometimes longer... I even rooted/unlocked and installed Cromi-X hoping to fix those problems. Seems to have gotten worse. I'm currently researching installing Crombi-KK if I could find the damn install thread :lol:

EDIT: Just found it on XDA... didn't realize it wasn't on this forum LOL

http://goo.gl/eb16al
    Last edited by SoulTKR; 07-18-2014 at 11:14 AM.
    Current:
    Asus Transformer Infinity TF700T 64GB Tablet in Amethest Grey - Rooted/Unlocked and running Cromi-X
    -Unfortunately the TF700T is still SLOW AS MOLASSES!

Verizon HTC ONE - Stock until someone can unlock it

Previous:
    Rooted HTC Thunderbolt running Skyraider Zues w/Trident Electra Case

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    20 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tor View Post
    My 64GB TF700T is in constant use and has been since I bought it 1.5 years ago. Essential for what I do (work and travelling and combining both). Never had any problems with it. When that's said, my previous tablet, the TF201, served the same purpose well but didn't have enough internal storage (only 32GB), and microSD to help with that didn't work well (a design issue on the microSD slot on the TF201). The TF700T gives me higher capacity, plus sensitive wi-fi and a GPS which works without the dongle. Otherwise they're pretty similar for what I use my tablet for.

-Tor
    Tor you are a machine! If you went through a 201 and a 700 and those are your only complaints you should buy a lottery ticket for Mega millions!

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links