Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Any word if Android 4.4 KitKat is coming to the TF700?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times

Any word if Android 4.4 KitKat is coming to the TF700?

Title pretty well says it all, just wondering if anyone's heard anything about kitkat coming to the infinity.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    20 times
    Doubtful but I have no special knowledge to back that up with, just that since Asus never put 4.3 out for it ...

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    6 times
    The delay or lack of updates are a huge reason to go with a nexus device next in my opinion

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 4
    rafiki likes this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    3 times
    Hanzo, I agree with you. I have a TF700 and not very happy with it. The lags are terrible, I keep hoping ASUS will fix it, but I am losing hope.
    rafiki likes this.

Rescue Squad
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    288 times
    Asus is rolling out 4.3 for the TF701. I think the TF700 will get 4.3, but more likely than not, that would be the last update for this tablet.
    TF700 on ZOMBi-X OMNI Kang (KitKat 4.4.4) TF701 on CROMi-X 7.x (JB 4.4.2) HTC M8 on CleanROM 3.x (KitKat 4.4.4)

LINKS:
    Transformer Guides: Tips and Tricks
    Beginners Guide to Flashing a Custom ROM on TF700

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times

TF700T rant

Wolfiered1, i had to register to agree with your post. I too was foolish to purchase the TF700T. Its very laggy and using the browser is a headache. A lot had to do with the power management with updates from Google play while charging but still only saw real improvement when i wiped it and put the bare minimum. No email accounts! I can't believe I spent so much on this tablet to have it be ignored by Asus. I thought i was getting the best after their gps debacle with its younger brother. Still on 4.2.1 even my Verizon Galaxy Nexus that has reached end of life status is at 4.2.2. To keep my sanity I'm sticking with the Nexus brands. I remember when Asus was heralded by prompt updates. I was duped. The few that went for this tablet all were.
    Last edited by stevedoes; 11-19-2013 at 01:25 AM. Reason: more ranting

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    77 times
    Quote Originally Posted by stevedoes View Post
    Wolfiered1, i had to register to agree with your post. I too was foolish to purchase the TF700T. Its very laggy and using the browser is a headache. A lot had to do with the power management with updates from Google play while charging but still only saw real improvement when i wiped it and put the bare minimum. No email accounts! I can't believe I spent so much on this tablet to have it be ignored by Asus. I thought i was getting the best after their gps debacle with its younger brother. Still on 4.2.1 even my Verizon Galaxy Nexus that has reached end of life status is at 4.2.2. To keep my sanity I'm sticking with the Nexus brands. I remember when Asus was heralded by prompt updates. I was duped. The few that went for this tablet all were.
    Well I got around the email problem by buying Aqua Mail. I disabled ALL the bloatware email apps.

I just hate that I can not use the editor's of MOST forums with my 700. If you insert a spelling correction, you have one big mess in the editor. Very often the onscreen keyboard will just quit outputting text. Oh it makes the sounds and does everything like it is working but it isn't. I have to close the browser and just give up and go to the PC to post. This, to me, is it's biggest fail. I can deal with the lag, i.e. keyboard pops on screen, you type, 5 seconds later the 700 reacts.

So... I'll keep it about until it breaks again. Then it's so long Asus....and hello ????
    Stock TF700T Infinity w/JB Because it will not unlock!
    Rooted with Kingo Android Root
    Apex Launcher Pro
    Fixed Asus & bought Samsung!

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    11 times
    U53r, Asus hasn't updated the TF700 to 4.3 yet, that was supposed to be released in the 3rd quarter of 2013. From what I understand KitKat uses or needs a lot less memory and the biggest issue with the TF700 is memory. Asus must be investigating if KitKat solves some of these issues. Shoot, they sold over 8 million TF700 to people they want as return customers. If KitKat fixes the TF700, Asus would be crazy not to update. I am on my 2nd TF700, so I hope KitKat fixes most of these problems. People should not have to install a Custom Rom and void the warranty on a $600 tablet/dock for it work properly.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient1one View Post
    U53r, Asus hasn't updated the TF700 to 4.3 yet, that was supposed to be released in the 3rd quarter of 2013. From what I understand KitKat uses or needs a lot less memory and the biggest issue with the TF700 is memory. Asus must be investigating if KitKat solves some of these issues. Shoot, they sold over 8 million TF700 to people they want as return customers. If KitKat fixes the TF700, Asus would be crazy not to update. I am on my 2nd TF700, so I hope KitKat fixes most of these problems. People should not have to install a Custom Rom and void the warranty on a $600 tablet/dock for it work properly.
    Yes indeed asus would indeed benefit from sorting your the TF700. Mine has been a huge disappointment, to the point where I'm not sure I will trust asus with my money again. Luckely CROMi has made mine usable, but for most users unlocking and dealing with customs rooms is out oof their reach and interest. But I have also been wondering if asus ditched the 4.3 and went straight to the 4 .Sure hope they did

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 4

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    11 times
    Ive been reading updating to 4.3 will not resolve most issues on the TF700 but will make things worse. Dont know how true this is but Im hoping Asus sends an OTA that resolves some of the issues mos owners of TF700 are experiencing. Asus must be experimenting with KitKat on the TF700 and if it resolves some issues will surely send an update. They are selling new TF700's at Best Buy and on Amazon for $349, this makes me think Asus will be keeping them up to date.

What kind of improvements are you experiencing with CROMi? If you play Zen pinball are you able to play in portrait? When I try to play in portrait half the screen goes black, not in landscape.

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Ads