Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    2 times

what is a soft-bricked tf700t worth?

i have a soft-bricked tf700t, got caught on a boot loop and really im just sick and tired of dealing with asus at this point.. this tablet isnt even 4 months old though since it was rooted, no warranty... so whats it worth? im going to try to sell it possibly on ebay or craigslist and hopefully get enough to buy something more... suitable i guess is the term id use... tons of power in the tf700t, and tons of power isnt something i need or use, so pointless to spend so much on a tablet if im just looking to watch movies and read books

Transformer Forums Legend
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1818 times
    Short answer, it's worth whatever you see them selling for used on eBay if someone who sees it knows how to unbrick it.We did have a member who was doing just that but he doesn't participate in the forum any longer. He was taking what were considered bricked TFs and making them like new and most of his family is using them.

Banned
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    82 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jason41987 View Post
    i have a soft-bricked tf700t, got caught on a boot loop and really im just sick and tired of dealing with asus at this point.. this tablet isnt even 4 months old though since it was rooted, no warranty... so whats it worth? im going to try to sell it possibly on ebay or craigslist and hopefully get enough to buy something more... suitable i guess is the term id use... tons of power in the tf700t, and tons of power isnt something i need or use, so pointless to spend so much on a tablet if im just looking to watch movies and read books
    Hi jason,
    Just curious, but why on earth did you risk bricking your tf700 if all you were going to do was watch movies and read books?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    1225 times
    Quote Originally Posted by IdaUte View Post
    Hi jason,
    Just curious, but why on earth did you risk bricking your tf700 if all you were going to do was watch movies and read books?

Is is possible he bought the device unlocked and already rooted?

Banned
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    82 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Swipe View Post
    Is is possible he bought the device unlocked and already rooted?
    Hi Swipe,
    Lets hope that might be the case. But, if it is only rooted and not unlocked, shouldn't he or she be able to unroot it? If that is a possibility, you might give him or her the step by step procedure for unrooting. I would, but I don't know myself how to unroot.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    2 times
    as i said, its soft bricked and i dont have the skills, knowledge, nor desire to mess with this tablet anymore..i used it fine for about 4 months, then suddenly it stopped working, last thing i did prior to it not working anymore was installed about 4 different ebook readers from google play, to test out and see which i liked better.. then when i tried using it the next day it wouldnt boot anymore

that all said, i think ill sell this for whatever i can, and get something like a nook or kindle instead as i have a netbook which offers me much greater flexibility than a tablet does in terms of software, theres just no need to go all-out on a tablet or even have one with a keyboard.. so id like to sell this and use whatever i can get off it to buy something more modest

Banned
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    82 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jason41987 View Post
    as i said, its soft bricked and i dont have the skills, knowledge, nor desire to mess with this tablet anymore..i used it fine for about 4 months, then suddenly it stopped working, last thing i did prior to it not working anymore was installed about 4 different ebook readers from google play, to test out and see which i liked better.. then when i tried using it the next day it wouldnt boot anymore

that all said, i think ill sell this for whatever i can, and get something like a nook or kindle instead as i have a netbook which offers me much greater flexibility than a tablet does in terms of software, theres just no need to go all-out on a tablet or even have one with a keyboard.. so id like to sell this and use whatever i can get off it to buy something more modest
    Swipe, can you help jason. It appears that his tablet was operating OK until he install about four different ebook readers from the play store (don't really know what that means - three, two, or five). Could one or more of those apps be causing his problem? Can he get around the boot loop somehow and uninstall those apps?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    2 times
    i have asus attempt to reinstall a recovery image showing the android robot and a progress bar, but it hangs, and i have APX mode... id just like to sell it so i can get something more suitable for what i need.. i dont need a keyboard or all this added performance it offers.. i think a barnes and noble nook would suite me just fine

Chief Customizer & Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    711 times
    Jason has a thread on XDA and some of the best people over there were trying to help him, but his tablet is hard bricked. Only thing he can access is APX and that does not help for anything if you don't have NVflash...
    Sorry for your loss Jason. Your best option is to sell it for parts. Check ebay what they go for...

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 4

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    1225 times
    As leeshor said, check places like ebay and I would add Craigslist and Kijiji to the list. We don't have a classified section as mentioned in the Forum Guidelines of Conduct. |If you want to try to solve the "soft-brick" I suggest you search the forum or use Google. I am closing this thread as you've got the advice you were looking for. Good luck whatever your plans are.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links