Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
Results 71 to 78 of 78
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Android 4.3 ?? Any news for TF700

  1. #71
    Shockwave
    Member #
    22916
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Statesville NC
    Tablet
    TF700
    Posts
    624
    Liked
    80 times
    Quote Originally Posted by noname1635 View Post
    I just got off a Chat session with ASUS Support and the Rep told me he could find no records of a plan/schedule to OTA either 4.3 or 4.4 to the TF700T. That's enough to get me REALLY concerned about my TF700T choice. I've used their motherboards for years with great satisfaction, but their tablet getting deadlocked on 4.2 ... hummmmm.
    I'm on a PC right now that as an Asus P5GPL motherboard. I built this thing about 2006 and it just won't die! It's had 2 power supplies pass through it and 2 C drives replaced and one 1gb memory board replaced. But the mainboard.....still cranking away with NO problems on it.

    Wish I could say the same for their tablets
    Not Your Father's Stock TF700T - KatKiss Is ON!
    Thanks to timduru - droidbound - kevinthefixer!

  2. #72
    Soundwave
    Member #
    87903
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Colorado
    Tablet
    TF700
    Posts
    3
    Liked
    0 times

    And....that never happened!

    Quote Originally Posted by Miguel552 View Post
    According to technoamigos.com the schedule, it's set to be released Q1, 2014, you can check here for the post, Asus Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Update Schedule so I don't think they have forgotten about us.
    Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah! I'm still waiting....

  3. #73
    Chief Customizer & Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    47492
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Tablet
    TF700
    Posts
    2,724
    Liked
    711 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mckeywest View Post
    Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah! I'm still waiting....
    No! Really?? At this point you gotta be waiting for Godot because like him updates for this tablet will never show. Not from Asus that is... I am runnning a Marshmallow rom on the TF700

  4. #74
    Shockwave
    Member #
    22916
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Statesville NC
    Tablet
    TF700
    Posts
    624
    Liked
    80 times
    Yup updates from Asus are done! You may as well unlock it (not same as root) and flash timduru's Katkiss MM ROM. It gets updates and believe me, you won't be sorry you did it!
    Not Your Father's Stock TF700T - KatKiss Is ON!
    Thanks to timduru - droidbound - kevinthefixer!

  5. #75
    Soundwave
    Member #
    91050
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Tablet
    TF700
    Posts
    2
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by droidbound View Post
    No! Really?? At this point you gotta be waiting for Godot because like him updates for this tablet will never show. Not from Asus that is... I am runnning a Marshmallow rom on the TF700
    How are you liking katkiss MM over CROMi- X resurrected?

  6. #76
    Developer & Repair Magician
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    68238
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Posts
    1,417
    Liked
    335 times
    CROMiXR is based on stock, so if you like that interface, go for it. KK-MM is a bit lighter and faster. Best bet is to try both and decide for yourself; the hard part is unlocking and getting TWRP installed the first time, after that changing ROMs is easy.
    Master Help Guide--guide to help from the masters:
    http://www.transformerforums.com/for...elp-guide.html

    T100 Master Help Guide:Caster's comprehensive guide to comprehending the T100
    http://www.transformerforums.com/for...elp-guide.html

    TF100 FAQ--Frequently Asked Questions about the TF100:
    http://www.transformerforums.com/for...s-guides-tips/

    What Got Me In to All This Trouble--Linux live CD with ADB & Fastboot:
    http://www.transformerforums.com/for...x-live-cd.html

  7. #77
    Soundwave
    Member #
    91050
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Tablet
    TF700
    Posts
    2
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinthefixer View Post
    CROMiXR is based on stock, so if you like that interface, go for it. KK-MM is a bit lighter and faster. Best bet is to try both and decide for yourself; the hard part is unlocking and getting TWRP installed the first time, after that changing ROMs is easy.
    If this is the wrong post to ask , i apologize in advance. I have owned my TF700 since day one . I always doubted myself in unlocking and installing a custom rom as i didnt want to fry the dam device. This past friday , instead of having a plan B , i just decided to have balls and go for it. I spend numerous hours and read countless pages. Here under the developmental section and the XDA forums. Took me Friday evening till Sunday night to get it done. I installed Katkiss MM step by step having the following links open.
    [INDEX]-[Updated-27/01/2013]-ASUS INFINITY T… | Asus Transformer TF700
    Beginners Guide to flashing a custom ROM on TF700T
    Noob Success!!! Now running the KatKiss Marshmallow 6.0.1 ROM
    [GUIDE] Convert /data to f2fs with TWRP 2.8.… | Asus Transformer TF700

    Everything works flawless , i wanted to do CROMI but the OP over at XD had me confused. What catches my attention is "CROMiXR is based on stock, so if you like that interface" ( Asus interface ) i was always curious if i could maintain this tablet Asus interface with no effin lagging.

    I am enjoying MM running smooth no lags or hiccups , amazon video works perfect. But if i do decide to go CROMI from my understanding the following is what i would do ?

    "Note: It is mandatory to do a Factory Wipe in TWRP before installing a custom ROM or going from one ROM base to another (a so called clean install).
    If you choose 'Wipe' in TWRP, all you have to do is swipe the button - 'Factory Wipe' is the default selection under the 'Wipe' menu. You will loose your apps, but it will not wipe your /data/media/ folder where your files, pictures, etc live.
    If you do this right before flashing the custom ROM, make sure you have the zip file of your custom ROM on your microSD - not on your internal SD where it may get wiped....

    From here on out it's as easy as downloading the installation file of your custom ROM, booting into TWRP, choosing "Install" and navigating to the zip of the ROM you want to flash."


    But would i also have to repeat this process -http://forum.xda-developers.com/transformer-tf700/general/guide-convert-data-to-f2fs-twrp-2-8-t3073471 , before installing the new ZIP (ROM) .??

    Or do i have it all wrong in regards of going from installed KATKISS to CROMI X ? ( I am not rooted just unlocked with twrp)

    Thank you in advance and i apologize if this is the wrong place to get more info.
    Last edited by gochubbz1da; 08-15-2016 at 08:42 AM.

  8. #78
    Chief Customizer & Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    47492
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Tablet
    TF700
    Posts
    2,724
    Liked
    711 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gochubbz1da View Post
    If this is the wrong post to ask , i apologize in advance. I have owned my TF700 since day one . I always doubted myself in unlocking and installing a custom rom as i didnt want to fry the dam device. This past friday , instead of having a plan B , i just decided to have balls and go for it. I spend numerous hours and read countless pages. Here under the developmental section and the XDA forums. Took me Friday evening till Sunday night to get it done. I installed Katkiss MM step by step having the following links open.
    [INDEX]-[Updated-27/01/2013]-ASUS INFINITY T… | Asus Transformer TF700
    Beginners Guide to flashing a custom ROM on TF700T
    Noob Success!!! Now running the KatKiss Marshmallow 6.0.1 ROM
    [GUIDE] Convert /data to f2fs with TWRP 2.8.… | Asus Transformer TF700

    Everything works flawless , i wanted to do CROMI but the OP over at XD had me confused. What catches my attention is "CROMiXR is based on stock, so if you like that interface" ( Asus interface ) i was always curious if i could maintain this tablet Asus interface with no effin lagging.

    I am enjoying MM running smooth no lags or hiccups , amazon video works perfect. But if i do decide to go CROMI from my understanding the following is what i would do ?

    "Note: It is mandatory to do a Factory Wipe in TWRP before installing a custom ROM or going from one ROM base to another (a so called clean install).
    If you choose 'Wipe' in TWRP, all you have to do is swipe the button - 'Factory Wipe' is the default selection under the 'Wipe' menu. You will loose your apps, but it will not wipe your /data/media/ folder where your files, pictures, etc live.
    If you do this right before flashing the custom ROM, make sure you have the zip file of your custom ROM on your microSD - not on your internal SD where it may get wiped....

    From here on out it's as easy as downloading the installation file of your custom ROM, booting into TWRP, choosing "Install" and navigating to the zip of the ROM you want to flash."


    But would i also have to repeat this process -http://forum.xda-developers.com/transformer-tf700/general/guide-convert-data-to-f2fs-twrp-2-8-t3073471 , before installing the new ZIP (ROM) .??

    Or do i have it all wrong in regards of going from installed KATKISS to CROMI X ? ( I am not rooted just unlocked with twrp)

    Thank you in advance and i apologize if this is the wrong place to get more info.
    I don't think anybody minds if we go a little OT in this thread.. It's not as if we would be interrupting a lively discussion of the original topic.

    So, congrats on getting katKiss on the tablet. If you want to try CROMi-X R this what I'd recommend you do:

    First make a nandroid of your KatKiss installation in TWRP.
    Then your choice would be if you want to chance an installation of CROMi-X without a full format of data.
    Normally a Factory Wipe is enough if you go from rom to rom. But that is only true if the roms are somewhat similar, let's say within a light year of each other. The factory wipe wipes /data without wiping /data/media which is where your personal stuff lives. But some apps also create folders in and make use of /data/media.
    MM and CROMi-X are 2 light years apart. File structure between both rom bases is very different and there could easily be conflicts between stuff installed by an app under MM when you again install that app under CROMi-X.
    You could chance it but I would not.
    So yes: Do a full format (which will revert your data partition to ext4) then install CROMi-X. This rom comes with an Aroma installer, an interface where you choose options before flashing the whole thing. One choice is which file system you want on data and cache. I would highly recommend you choose to run CROMi-X with data on f2fs. If you agree just choose that option the installer and it will do it for you.

    Once CROMI is all set up, also shoot a nandroid of the rom.
    Now you can switch between both roms much more easily: By restoring the respective nandroid. No wiping or formatting necessary because restoring a nandroid you will completely overwrite all necessary partitions.
    Last edited by droidbound; 08-18-2016 at 12:37 AM.

 

 
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Android breaking encryption news!
    By Fabforce1 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-11-2013, 01:56 PM
  2. Good News and Bad News >_<
    By 729927852 in forum Transformer Prime General Discussions
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-17-2012, 09:26 PM
  3. Good news for Android Tablets vs. Apple
    By leeshor in forum Asus Transformer News
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-23-2011, 05:19 PM
  4. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-02-2011, 02:59 AM
  5. BIG NEWS! Android Competitor to Leave the Business
    By ASUSFAN0001 in forum Asus Transformer (TF101) General Discussions
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 08-20-2011, 11:39 AM

Search tags for this page

asus tf700 4.3

,

asus tf700 android 4.3

,
asus tf700 jelly bean 4.3
,

asus tf700t 4.3 update

,

asus tf700t android 4.3

,
asus tf700t android update
,

asus tf700t update 4.3

,
asus transformer pad infinity tf700t update 4.3
,

tf700 4.3 update

,

tf700t 4.3

,

tf700t 4.3 update

,
tf700t jelly bean 4.3
Click on a term to search for related topics.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.3
Copyright © 2020 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:40 PM.