Thread: Why is the TF700 so slow?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times

Why is the TF700 so slow?

I have had my TF700 since April. This is my first tablet and first Android device. I have been not too impressed by it but just assumed that's how Android devices were.

Recently I picked up a used TF101 for my wife.

The TF101 outperforms the TF700 in every way.

From rotating the screen to rendering webpages the TF101 is faster.

The Netflix app even runs better as the audio is always out of sync on my TF700.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    1059 times
    That's a bit strange. I suggest (wait for it --- a COLD BOOT! ) Often rumoured to clear the cobwebs out and reset system caches, etc. Often reports are it will increase the performance of a sluggish tablet.

Last edited by Swipe; 07-16-2013 at 07:25 PM.
    brecklundin likes this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Swipe View Post
    That's a bit strange. I suggest (wait for it --- a COLD BOOT! ) Often rumoured to clear the cobwebs out and reset system caches, etc. Often reports are it will increase the performance of a sluggish tablet.

Yeah tried that, unless a cold boot means something other than power cycling it.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    1059 times
    A Cold Boot is not simply powering your tablet off and on. The procedure is outlined in the Master Help Guide, linked below in my Signature.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    Okay I followed the cold boot procedure. I can not really see any improvement.

When I rotate the tablet 90 degrees I can count to three before the screen rotates compared to the TF101 that instantly snaps to the proper orientation.

When my wife gets home I will compare her TF101 to mine again

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    Unfortunately this is a TF700T issue. Asus really screwed up things with this model. My guess is that the high resolution screen is too much for the rest of the hardware. It is just too many pixels to push and the damn thing lags a lot. My work around was to install the Clean ROM which improves a lot the experience but it does not eliminate all the problems. The only Android tablet that will not lag and that has even a higher resolution is the Nexus 10 which will definitely be my next one when the next gen comes to life. It is night and day when compared to the infinity. PS: I have tried Cyanogenmod 10.1 as well on Infinity and it is terrible. It lags more than the stock ROM.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    1059 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jackdbr View Post
    The only Android tablet that will not lag and that has even a higher resolution is the Nexus 10
    Again, I have a TF300. No lagging that I can point a finger at. I have a few nanoseconds to spare when it comes to using it. It has 1 GB Ram after all. Not as speedy as your average Windows Desktop or that laptop that is now gathering dust.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    18 times
    Just wanted to jump in and say that I feel your pain. My TF700T is very laggy as well. Seemed to work very well for about the first 6 months, but now everything is slow. Video is choppy, apps take a long time to open, internet is unusable compered to lower end phones and tablets in my home. I even took the time to completely wipe (reformatted the SD...not recommended as bricking is possible) and loaded cm 10.1. No help. I see someone above had better results with Clean ROM...think I'll give it a try.

Looks like my fix will eventually be to *edit* to get a Galaxy Note 10.1. I'd rather a Nexus but BB doesn't carry it. Just gotta wait until I have the extra cash to exchange and purchase the new protection plan. This is my 3rd Asus table, I'll miss the dock, but they have lost me for good. I guess a case with a built in BT keyboard will be almost as good...battery aside.
    Last edited by Swipe; 07-24-2013 at 07:33 PM. Reason: forum guideline

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    718 times
    I've had my share of stutters and lags on my Infinity as well. But after a full Factory Reset, then reinstalled most of my 400+ apps fresh again a little at a time. Don't let the Play Store reinstall them all at once. I did use App Backup to backup all my apps but did not use it to reinstall any of my apps except for a couple that are not in the Play Store anymore.

Then I switched launchers to the paid version of Apex (I also like the free version of Nova launcher and might get the paid version if I have ever have troubles with Apex.)

Lastly, I installed Clean Master. It's got to be the best all around cache, junk, app/file cleaner to date. I've had this on my Infinity a couple weeks and am continually using all it's cleaning powers many times during the day. Probably overkill, but I swear, my Infinity is lightning fast swiping from screen to screen. Web pages load up fast, the YouTube app runs smoothly with the videos playing through and no stopping/stuttering. At this moment I would put my Infinity up against a Nexus 10 or any other tablet. I just hope it continues. (I am a believer that Clean Master is the real help. It has freed up an unbelievable amount of space that was occupied by junk and crap that are probably the main culprits why our Infinities lag.)

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    You are right.
    When my wife wanted to buy a tablet I gave her my TF101 and bought a TF700 for myself.
    The TF101 always ran well and did everything quickly.
    Out of the box, the TF700 never ran as well as the TF101.
    I will admit that the screen on the 700 was visibly better than the 101.
    My one concern for you is that I never experienced out of sync audio on Netflix with my 700.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Ads