Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    18 times
    Quote Originally Posted by droidbound View Post
    What recovery were you using?
    If you say you wiped, did you do a clean install? In TWRP that would be a factory reset. Just wiping cache and Dalvik doesn't cut it if you move from CM to Cromi-X.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 4
    Yeah, I did a full wipe and all the other wipe options...cache, dalvik, and data. I'm using CWM. It could have been me as I haven't seen others have those issues with CROMI, I just don't get a lot of time to keep trying. Maybe someday...

Thanks for the tip though!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    I have had mine for 1 year and 6 days. Noticed about a month ago that everything about it has gotten SO much slower. I bought it from BB & called them with no love. I have read post after post about how BAD ASUS customer service is. I could probably search but do I really have any options other than rooting? It seems just using Clean Master etc. only improves performance slightly. Now that I'm stuck with this P.O.S., I need to see how I can make it useable again... TY.

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    100 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jaatiltons View Post
    I have had mine for 1 year and 6 days. Noticed about a month ago that everything about it has gotten SO much slower. I bought it from BB & called them with no love. I have read post after post about how BAD ASUS customer service is. I could probably search but do I really have any options other than rooting? It seems just using Clean Master etc. only improves performance slightly. Now that I'm stuck with this P.O.S., I need to see how I can make it useable again... TY.
    I have found that some of the sluggishness is the apps installed. Sometimes when I get an app update the tablet is awful. I can't specifically isolate the problem, but for instance I just installed play store version 4.3.10 and its noticeably better performance all around. ( this version will be pushed soon, or you can find it for download) Also I have found that some apps default to auto update, or notifications on which consumes resources at random intervals it seems. Using clean master seems to be a big help. If you look at what processes and services are running, you may find useless programs consuming resources. I know I did. With my idevices I have never had a downloaded app alter the overall performance, but on my android devices it seems that apps often bog down the overall system. I have also noticed that an app that bogs down the system often gets another update quickly which then improves the whole performance of the tablet. I'm not 100% sure where the os and the app integrate, but it seems to be part of the laggy issue.

Sent via electron magic. My opinion is my opinion and any solutions or ideas probably have a hundred ways to arrive at the same result. Unless you pay someone to provide the right answer, you get what you get. Free advice is often worth what you paid for it.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    4 times

Angry

I"ve had my Infinity since March after swapping my Transformer Prime for it. The Prime also suffered from lag and I thought the Infinity would be better, but it wasn't. Sure the screen is nicer, but the lag and the constant message still appeared ">INSERT APP NAME HERE< is not responding. Wait or Close App." It's frustrating. My 11-year-old son had a Nexus 7 (2012) and he said "Dad, why is your tablet is soooooo slow?" My father has the Nexus 10 and it's almost comical how much better that runs compared to the Infinity.

A few things I have tried have helped somewhat to varying degrees, but I still find myself rebooting every couple days at least.

I disabled the syncing of Gmail which was bringing the tablet to a crawl at wake-up, especially after a couple of days of not being used. I usually check Gmail on my Galaxy Nexus phone or desktop anyway.

I disabled Auto-Update in Play store. If you really want to see your Infinity slow down, try to have it auto-update a dozen apps at the same time from the Play store.

I ran a program called Forever Gone which Nexus 7 users have long used to fix a bug in Android 4.2 which caused memory to be consumed but not freed up for use even after stuff has been erased. This helped speed the Infinity up quite noticably. This bug has allegedly been fixed in 4.3.

I will also try that CleanMaster app since it got good reviews.

I am pretty disappointed in Asus and probably won't purchase another product from them again. They messed up with the Prime, and then went ahead and put some cheapo RAM into the Infinity which killed performance as well. The read/write I/O on this tablet is horrendous, and many believe this is where the bottleneck is. Too bad because it has a solid GPU in the Tegra 3, but the Nexus 10 runs solar systems around it, despite the Infinity costing more at $500, plus what I invested in the keyboard, but it's a mediocre product!

Waiting for the Nexus 10 (2013) to be released....
    Last edited by Swipe; 08-07-2013 at 07:38 PM. Reason: language guidelines
    Bille2021 likes this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    I have a TF700T I bought recently on eBay, it had a very laggy version of android 5 on it (rooted/unlocked) which I decided to update to android 6 (KatKiss), it already had TWRP installed so that was relatively easy to update...

It was even MORE laggy after upgrading to 6
    I finally got rid of the lag and it's running a LOT smoother, here's what I did:

I went through all the background running apps and only allowed the ones I needed running to run.
    Then I did a Cold Restart.
    (still laggy but not as bad, so I soldiered on..)
    I then disabled Developer Mode, and low and behold it almost instantaneously got much quicker! So I've left Developer Mode disabled now and it's running reasonably well for an HD tablet with only 1Gb memory

I hope this helps others, as it took me ages to figure out what was causing the lag.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links