Thread: Few important questions

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times

Few important questions

Since I'm new here I would like to say hello to all.

I bought my TF700 few days ago, and I'm really satisfacted. I rooted it with CFW and battery problems now are gone. Because I'm a lil' new in all those functions and programs, I'd like to ask you guys a couple of questions:

1) Is it possible to buy/download a program, which let's configure the keyboard keys to the touchpad keys? I mean for example if I've got a game, which have touchpad controls - can I pair it to some keyboard keys I choose?

2) Is it possible to send my tablet screen via DLNA function to TV/PS3/anything? I don't mean standard Youtube function which is included.

3) Is is possible to control some devices via DLNA, for example my LG 3D TV over tablet? I've tried original LG app, and some other from Market, but it's not working - it's not finding my TV, what's strange because standard YT app finds it easy.

4) What about battery life? I remember times when first thing after buying smartphone was calibrating and formatting battery, which means chargin' few times till 100%, then waiting until 0. Now I heard there's some special technology in batteries that makes them safe from overload. I don't really know if it's safe when I'm not charging it till 100%, but for example just to half and then disconnect - it makes bt life shorter?

5) I noticed some scratch sound on the left-down corner, where sometimes I was carrying tablet by hand without docking station. It's normal? It's just next to card slot, I can push it a little so it's going a little bit down, about not even one millimeter and gives scratch sound.

I think that's all bothering me questions. I hope this is the right forum, and I'll help somebody else when I'll get answers.

Regards!

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    501 times
    Welcome rufuz! Have you tried the myNet app that comes on your tablet for DLNA? I don't use it so I am not sure how it works, but that is what it is intended for.

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2826 times
    Welcome to the forum RuFuz

I can't answer all your questions, but here are some that I can...

1) I don't think this is possible - but then again, someone else might know differently... (Especially as you are rooted)

2) Full "MiraCast" style wireless mirroring isn't possible on the Infinity AFAIK, but as FF says, you could try MyNet or iMediaShare (from the Play Store) for some wireless streaming from your TF to your TV

3) I don't think so - especially if the LG app doesn't work for you...

4) if you visit the Master Help Guide (link in signature) you will find a thread all about batteries & charging that contains a great deal of helpful information & guidance on that subject

5) Can't help with that one...

All the best

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    111 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RuFuz View Post
    Since I'm new here I would like to say hello to all.

I bought my TF700 few days ago, and I'm really satisfacted. I rooted it with CFW and battery problems now are gone. Because I'm a lil' new in all those functions and programs, I'd like to ask you guys a couple of questions:

1) Is it possible to buy/download a program, which let's configure the keyboard keys to the touchpad keys? I mean for example if I've got a game, which have touchpad controls - can I pair it to some keyboard keys I choose?

2) Is it possible to send my tablet screen via DLNA function to TV/PS3/anything? I don't mean standard Youtube function which is included.

3) Is is possible to control some devices via DLNA, for example my LG 3D TV over tablet? I've tried original LG app, and some other from Market, but it's not working - it's not finding my TV, what's strange because standard YT app finds it easy.

4) What about battery life? I remember times when first thing after buying smartphone was calibrating and formatting battery, which means chargin' few times till 100%, then waiting until 0. Now I heard there's some special technology in batteries that makes them safe from overload. I don't really know if it's safe when I'm not charging it till 100%, but for example just to half and then disconnect - it makes bt life shorter?

5) I noticed some scratch sound on the left-down corner, where sometimes I was carrying tablet by hand without docking station. It's normal? It's just next to card slot, I can push it a little so it's going a little bit down, about not even one millimeter and gives scratch sound.

I think that's all bothering me questions. I hope this is the right forum, and I'll help somebody else when I'll get answers.

Regards!
    1. I believe it is possible to do but I think it would involve more then rooting. It wouldnt be an easy task anyways.
    2. This I dont know as I dont use mine with my tv at all.
    3. If even the company app is not working, I doubt it is possible, but it is hard to say because I again do not use my tablet with my TV.
    4. The battery in the TF700 works fine without being calibrated, but it lasts longer if done so. I can easily get a good 15 hours out of my tablet, but I do not use the stock ROM, so my stuff is more tweaked then the stock user's.
    5. I would leave it alone if you find everything functional. Pushing it down may be a death wish as you might be hurting something under it.

For more about the screen and keyboard, try at XDA. I know keyboard manager switches between when your docked and when your not so the keyboard dock keys still function correctly, but then switch when its undocked, but I dont know about the key buttons.

Tylor

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    80 times
    I have an LG LM7600 3D. LGs app works fine for some things but not all. You have 2 apps available from LG to use and one is for TVs built in 2011 and BEFORE. The other is for TVs 2012 and LATER. So you must exercise caution which app you install. Model numbers are usually listed in the apps description in google play store. If it's not finding your TV the problem may be LGs Smart Share Share My TV option is turned OFF in your TVs settings.

LG Smart TVs which were released in 2012 or later: HERE
    LG Smart TVs which were released in 2011: HERE

As for sending media from the TF700 to the LG: I have tried several times to connect using LGs WiFi Screen Share with no success. Sometimes I get connected and nothing more. Other times just nothing. The Asus MyNet app is a waste. I use the following apps:

Twonky Beam - great app Lets you beam media from your LAN, from the internet and from Youtube to your TV, PC or DLNA devices. I go into my youtube account on the PC and build Play Lists of videos available on youtube that I want to see. Then I open Twonky Beam and access youtube and send it to the LG. You have the ability to bookmark the URL of video you find on web sites as it has a browser (very limited) built in for this purpose.

BubbleUPNP - Another good one and it send photos music and video to any DLNA device you have not only from the TF700 but from any DLNA device to any DLNA device using your TF700 as a director, so to speak. It will also let you control the volume (if your arent using an amp) on the TV, pause and play. Additionally your PS3 will see it as a Media Server if the app is setup correctly.

BSPlayer - This is a media player that has the ability to look at your LAN (LAN mode) any shared folders can be accessed via it! Very cool feature to have available.

You'll find shortly you will need a complete arsenal of Browsers, Media Players and File Managers as they all have the ability to get you to your media no matter which computer you have it stored on.
    Last edited by flhthemi; 06-12-2013 at 03:29 PM.
    janner43 likes this.
    Not Your Father's Stock TF700T - KatKiss Is ON!
    Thanks to timduru - droidbound - kevinthefixer!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tylorw1 View Post
    4. The battery in the TF700 works fine without being calibrated, but it lasts longer if done so. I can easily get a good 15 hours out of my tablet, but I do not use the stock ROM, so my stuff is more tweaked then the stock user's.
    Which CFW are you exactly using?

Thanks for everyone who replied. I downloaded LG app and now it's working, but sometimes it have problems with finding my TV.

About screen sharing, I didn't mean this media sharing via DLNA which is standard included. I was wondering if it's possible for example turning on browser with flash movie, and send this by DLNA, or just my pulpit - like VNC program on computer, but in this kind of way I spoke about.

Oh, and there's one more question. From few days I was trying to minimalize my Youtube app when I'm listening to music, so I can for example surf on Internet in the same time. I was googlin a little, but I couldn't find any solutions. Maybe somebody tried it?

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    1225 times
    . Oh, and there's one more question. From few days I was trying to minimalize my Youtube app when I'm listening to music, so I can for example surf on Internet in the same time. I was googlin a little, but I couldn't find any solutions. Maybe somebody tried it?
    I would download Overskreen browser and use it to access Youtube. Shouldn't interfere with Internet on a second browser running at the same time.

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    80 times
    Which CFW are you exactly using?

Thanks for everyone who rloaded LG app and now it's working, but sometimes it have problems with finding my TV.

About screen sharing, I didn't mean this media sharing via Dhtandard included. I was wondering if it's possible for example turning on browser with flash movie, and send this by DLNA, or just my pulpit - like VNC program on computer, but in this kind of way I spoke about.

Oh, and there's one more question. From few days I was trying to minimalize my Youtube app when I'm listening to music, so I can for example surf on Internet in the same time. I was googlin a little, but I couldn't find any solutions. Maybe somebody tried it?
    Maybe I dont understand but it really does sound like you could use twonky beam. It will send youtube from tablet to tv without need for youtube pairing.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Swipe View Post
    I would download Overskreen browser and use it to access Youtube. Shouldn't interfere with Internet on a second browser running at the same time.
    Thanks, I'll try it.

Quote Originally Posted by flhthemi View Post
    Maybe I dont understand but it really does sound like you could use twonky beam. It will send youtube from tablet to tv without need for youtube pairing.
    Nah, I meant something else. This would be the easiest example, I'm playin idk Vice City on my Asus and I wanna send the screen to TV via DLNA - is it possible? It's something like idk Skype function which let's u share ur screen to other user so he can help you with ur PC.

Oh, next thing I noticed is scratch sound and "pushing" down a little on the left-down corner is gone when I connect tablet to dock station... strange?

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    80 times
    Thanks, I'll try it.

Nah, I meant something else. This would be the easiest example, I'm playin idk Vice City on my Asus and I wanna send the screen to TV via DLNA - is it possible? It's something like idk Skype function which let's u share ur screen to other user so he can help you with ur PC.
    Oh, I see now. Got nothing on that for you but someone else might.

Oh, next thing I noticed is scratch sound and "pushing" down a little on the left-down corner is gone when I connect tablet to dock station... strange?
    Be very careful with the dock and that screen. IMO most of the screens that get cracked involve the dock. That's why I have not bought one for mine. That "scratching" sound is likely the screen is not fastened as it should be and combined with the additional stress from the dock hinge might be what ends up cracking your screen.
    Last edited by flhthemi; 06-15-2013 at 08:59 AM.
    jt1998 likes this.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links