Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Angry TF700T shut down, unable to reboot and can hear sound like a electric razor run

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1 times

Angry TF700T shut down, unable to reboot and can hear sound like a electric razor run

Ok, I will first say I am starting to have regrets purchasing the TF700T. Seems to be good money thrown at a bad product. This morning I was using my tablet and it the screen suddenly blacked out! I assumed the screened timed out. So, I tapped the start button and nothing. I then pushed the start button down as to start the tablet and oddly I did not feel the feed-back vibration when it starts. The charge on the tablet was 80%, regardless I put it on the charger and nothing but I noticed I could hear a low noise in the tablet which sounds like an electric razor running inside and it is doing this as I type.

I have attempted an cold reboot to no success. As I stated at the beginning, I believe I have spent good hard earned money on a bad worthless product which the company provides a support equivalent to their product.

I am open to suggestions!

Greatly appreciate input in advance,

Newtownhubcap

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    501 times
    Sorry you are having issues. Have you tried reseting the tablet with a paperclip/ or toothpick using the reset hole? With ASUS at the top left, on the left side startin at the bottom is the headphone jack, the micro hdmi, then a tiny reset hole, gently but firmly insert a toothpick or paperclip. Let us know if it works, we can try other options after

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1 times
    Yes, have attempted the reset with no success. Will add that I am just letting it run since there is nothing I can do with it. Like I said this is turning into a $700 plus brick unit.

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2826 times
    I have replied to your other "lemon" thread as well, but deleted your duplicated copy of this thread elsewhere as cross posting the same post in multiple sections breaches our rules. Please try to bare them in mind when posting - despite your evident frustration. Thank you

To deal with your specific problem, here are a few suggestions...
    1. Try a long press on your power button - up to 60 seconds until the device reboots
    2. Try a cold boot - the process has changed since the 4.2.1 update, so check the link in my signature
    3. Try re flashing your firmware - there is a new guide on that linked from the Master Help Guide link in my signature.

If all else fails, then give Asus a call - in the USA apparently that is their preferred contact method.

All the best
    Last edited by janner43; 04-13-2013 at 09:22 AM.

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1 times
    Janner43, thank you for your replies but unfortunately none of those are helpful. First, the screen is blacked out and am unable to restart the tablet. Yes, I have attempted the long press on the power button, yes, I have attempted the cold boot, and yes, I have attempted the reset function all to no avail! As I mentioned I have a black screen, to be honest I have no idea if the tablet is running other than I can see the orange charge level light is on and there is a buzzing sound like an electric razor running inside of it.

Thanks

Newtonhubcap

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1 times
    Hi Janner43, just now the electric razor buzzing sound quit and the charge light went out. Attempted to restart the tablet but nothing. Attempted cold boot nothing, attempted reset nothing. Now, it is at least quiet but totally nonfunctional. Oddly, I see that now when I plug in the charger there is no charging light. I am having the same problem I did before all this and that was not being able to charge the tablet. I am amazed at the continual issues with this tablet.

Thanks
    Newtonhubcap
    Last edited by newtonhubcap; 04-13-2013 at 09:56 AM.

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2826 times
    Oh bother...

Sounds a bit serious to me - I can't see any way around it but to return it to Asus...

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    Good day Newtownhubcap,

I just went through exactly what you are describing after the latest update, I had tried every single reboot methods to no avail. I contacted Asus support with a very nice guy on the line and after describing everything he provided a RMA form to send it for repairs. As a last ditch effort before sending it off, I recharged everything, keyboard and tablet, tried every rebooting sequences and methods and finally tried again the reset button.

It did not work first, tried pressing it short, then long, then I got pissed off and since it was going for repairs, I started to press the reset button repeatedly fast and all of a suddain, eureka, the tablet started and has been working great since even when I shut it down completely and restart. I would try it if I was you before sending it in.

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    111 times
    Quote Originally Posted by newtonhubcap View Post
    Hi Janner43, just now the electric razor buzzing sound quit and the charge light went out. Attempted to restart the tablet but nothing. Attempted cold boot nothing, attempted reset nothing. Now, it is at least quiet but totally nonfunctional. Oddly, I see that now when I plug in the charger there is no charging light. I am having the same problem I did before all this and that was not being able to charge the tablet. I am amazed at the continual issues with this tablet.

Thanks
    Newtonhubcap
    If you are unable to hold the power button down for at least a minute to see if you get a response, then the tablet is probably dead. When the razor sound was on, IT should of been able to be shut down. Whatever the razor sound was must of killed the tablet because as I have seen in other thread if the power does not show, then the main board is pretty much dead. If you could of gotten at least into the boot loader it would of been recoverable but by the sounds of it, it is going to have to be sent back.

Tylor

Sent from my ASUS Transformer TF700T Infinity Pad Using Tapatalk HD
    Rom: Stock 4.2.1 Rooted.
    UPDATE FOR TF700 USERS!!! AND THE 4.2.1 UPDATE http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2204100

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1 times
    Here is an update! I took off for an hour yesterday since I was so frustrated thank goodness my daughter had a cheer-stunt event to be in. When we got home I reluctantly went over to box the tablet up and the heard the email notification sound, odd huh! The screen was still black and I could not hear the electric razor sound in it any more, odd huh! So, I press the start button and holy &^%$ I felt that start-up buzz in the button and the ASUS logo came up! I have no idea what this tablet was trying to do or what it did but it would be really great for ASUS to figure out what in the "blank" is going on to minimize the stress they create for us consumers when this kind of thing goes on!

So, for now do I say my TF700T is miraculously healed or is there another doom-gloom event to come. I am now at the crossroads with it operating to whether dump the ASUS tablet now or be blind and hold on to it.

Thank you everyone for your input as to what was happening.

Newtonhubcap
    frenziedfemale likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links